Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Downright Delightful in December - 100+ Ladies Thread >

Downright Delightful in December - 100+ Ladies Thread

Community
Notices

Downright Delightful in December - 100+ Ladies Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Well I was calling everyone out.. not JUST you so please dont feel picked on ( but the santa threat is real! lol)

Ang ~ I am sorry you thought divorce would be smooth and easy. I have known hundreds of people who have, at one time or another, and not one of them had it easy. I admire your upbeat, positive attitude even during this hard time in life.

And I hope during this holiday season, you find yourself surrounded with friends and family and love galore!

As for the not being able to get into the forums.. nope isnt happening here. I get in each time with no problems. I am wondering if either your security settings are too high to allow it or if your antivirus/firewall is keeping you out.

Change~ I think its great you are going back to teach. Also glad to hear you are going strong on the fitness part of your life.

As for the Santa threat.. ummm.... I talked to Rudolph last night and he arranged some time for Santa to do some butt kicking before the big night! Fortunately, you have gotten yourself off the naughty list by posting here!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

Anyone else have a "TV" addiction that feeds their food issues? If so -- do you have any ways to get away from the TV/set limits/stick TO it! My therapist says I use TV to disassociate -- completely tune out from emotions and feelings and YEAH, so? Just kidding, but I really want to not feel "alone" without the moving wallpaper. I leave it on 24/7 and have only been able to cut that out by putting NPR on all day (talk radio seems to help as well). I work from home and feel the need for constant human voices. But I'd really like to be OKAY with just silence.

I'm going to go try and practice a meditation in silence and start doing that regularly (no soft music even). I've got to figure this out.

Take care pretties,
Ang
Old 12-07-2010, 11:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
arrggg - it works when I click it!!

LOL - my username on SparkPeople is tampabookworm

Try this link TAMPABOOKWORM's SparkPage - A bit about me...
Yaya it worked now!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Didn't lost anything this week! And thanks to Aunt Flo I gained about 2lbs.
I think this week I shall live in the gym.
On the plus side I did sell some bits on eBay, and then quickly spend it all on new gym clothes and a rare figure from a computer game for my amazing other half.
Im in the same boat with T.O.M. I hgained .5 pounds (would of been more but I was doing a bootcamp for 2 weeks as well as 45mins at lunch). Oh well at least we know why and that it will be off in a couple of days anyway
Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by brandismom1990
GameGal -- you called me OUT. But it's not holiday issues that kept me from posting -- it was TWO FOLD.

ONE -- does ANYONE have a problem with Fitday having connection issues fairly often? I get to the site, I can log in, I can log my FOOD, but I can't get to the forums about 80% of the time I try. if I log off, close ALLLLL of my explorer windows (I do a lot of multi-window tasking, so to do this is PAIN) and THEN I can sometimes get on. Anyone else have the problem and know how to solve it??

TWO -- One word, DIVORCE. Thinking it would be easy, of course it's not -- it's hard. And I have been through hell and back the past two weeks. Discovered many things about my husband that I didn't know. I am very disappointed in him, but I am already working on forgiveness FOR MY OWN SAKE.

That said -- today is a HUGE new day for me and one of my "A" level (any Franklin-folks out their? ) priorities is to log and post daily.

Another priority is to DREAM big and LOVE huge. I am spending time each day in meditation to focus on my dreams and try and eliminate "limiting beliefs" that keep me from achieving them, and spending FOCUSED time on just sending love to someone else. Pure, unaldulterated love for no other reason than to surround those people with love. SO I AM ASKING -- if you are in need of LOVE right now, please let me know and let me know a little bit of why and I will add you to my "LOVE LIST"

Going to log now -- but will be back. Need much support now and hope to give lots back.

Angela
I need love always!

I just found out that because I was in an arguement with someone I have know for 14 years, been in their wedding, at the birth of their daughter and was asked to be their son's godmother (he is my sons godfather) I am no longer the godmother and they asked his sister!

I was so hurt by this that I started ballin on the bus home. I am still hurt and it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I even had a dream last night that he took my arm at a party and brought me away form everyone to talk about it. This will never happen but it just shows me how truley hurt I am by this.

Plus I need new friends since some of mine seem to be abusing me in some way and I am tired of it
Old 12-08-2010, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
Oh, GameGal, do not threaten me with the likes of Santa! You're right, though, things have been quiet round these parts. I'm working on going back to school next semester to teach (hide your children), so that's been taking up some time and more than a little energy, but other than that, things are quiet. On the fitness front, all is well - for anyone who likes working out at home, even now and then, I strongly recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home program - I got the 4 Really Big Miles DVD a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it. It gave my metabolism a much-needed boost start and it's really, really fun! I also credit it for speeding up my weight loss. I also like her motivation and training style way more than Jillian Michaels, who I was using. I like Jillian's workouts, but I don't really like her or the way her mug seems to be EVERYWHERE I look these days. Just my 2 cents.
Angela - I can't imagine what you're going through right now, but I know that it's a lot. I think you're right to keep your focus on being kind to yourself, and to most of all love yourself. To answer your question, I don't usually have an issue getting to the forums - unfortunately, I'm not sure what the issue could be. That is odd.
All my best to everyone - be good to yourselves!
I have the 4 Really Big Miles DVD as well and I love it. I havent used it much in the past few weeks but for a while there I used it almost everyday. For the past two weeks I have been using The Biggest Loser DVD's, Cardio Max and Power Sculpt. I really like these! And the good thing its not all Jillian!! LOl
Old 12-08-2010, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

I love Leslie Sansone! Years ago I did her 1 & 2 mile walks, I am now doing her 3 mile ones. I am scared to try the 4 mile! How long does it take???
Old 12-08-2010, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Laura, the 4 mile one takes 53min (including the warmup, cooldown, and stretching). It's pretty intense, but I think it's so fun that it goes by really fast, even though I'm pretty much dripping with sweat at the end of it. Mmm... Sweat! I bet you could rock it. And if you need to build your way up to 4 miles, hey, no big deal.
Christine - I'm sorry to hear that your friend hurt you by taking that honor from you. You sound like a lot of fun, and I bet that if new friends are what you're after, you'd make them in no time. Remember how great you are, and try to keep your head up. I know it's tough.
Alright, gotta run - have a lovely day, all.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I love Leslie Sansone! Years ago I did her 1 & 2 mile walks, I am now doing her 3 mile ones. I am scared to try the 4 mile! How long does it take???
Laura-You can definately do the 4 mile DVD. It really does go by very quickly. The 4 mile DVD I have, the third mile you are doing some boosted walking, which is a little jogging. And the last mile you use the stretchy band for some strength training. I jumped from the 2 mile to the 4 with no problem and I dont think I am as active as you!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

I'm IN, I'm IN -- seriously, four times yesterday, I tried to post to no avail! I wish I could figure out the problem.

CHRISTINE -- first of all,you're on the love list. I will add your name as "Christine Fitday" :-)

2nd -- I had the EXACT same thing happen to me with a person who I thought was my best friend. She told me I would be her son's god-mother, then took it back. And she did it in the most underhanded way. I am so sorry. That hurts so badly. I could not salvage the friendship but, for me, it was a good thing -- she was a bad friend. In your case, I hope you can salvage the friendship if that is what you want. Either way -- hugs to you, I am so sorry!

Today's prayer:
Dear God, Today, please give me the patience to not lash out at (soon-to-be-ex-husband), to not feel hatred, to let go of any feelings of injustice. Also, please give me the wisdom and the counsel I need and the strength to face things that I am afraid of. And please provide me with an additional $2,500 per month client by year's end.

Amen

MEDITATION IS NOT FOR CISSIES! I am trying to meditate just 10 minutes daily. Day's one and two went well -- day three?? Fuhgetaboutit!! One of the things I have been told is that people with weight issues have INCREDIBLY busy minds. We multi-task constantly, which interferes with our food judgments/ability to identify hunger. I am hoping to give that some REAL WORK this year.

Meanwhile -- 216 babies! That's below my last number before I went off the deep end. I want ONDERLAND by January 15th!! I can do this!! Water, extra excercise and clean eating. 3 points baby.

Going to go de-clutter some, then work on my to-do list, then at 4:00 I am going to do significant cardio of some type (maybe I'll venture back to the gym and hit the treadmill?) then I'm going to go have a "me" evening. I'm going to pop my own lo-fat popcorn, buy a diet DrP and smuggle them into the theatre -- I refuse to eat their crap! -- and watch MOVIES. It's a practice my husband hated, and now, I can go whenever I want.

Hugs,
Ang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.