Notices

Lifestyle Changes 2010

Old 01-07-2010, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I think I am in the same boat. I need to lose 65lbs and I began an exercise and diet program this week and hope to achieve my goals by the end of June. I am going at it hard!...I need the support and motivation
Old 01-07-2010, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! I am 150 (5'2") and my goal is to be a sexy 115 by my anniversary 5-25-10. I am going to make my husband take me bikinni shopping as a reward.

I am working out at least 2x a week (boot camp at the YMCA) and trying to add in a pilates class or a step class in addition. Also one time a week yoga.

I am trying to keep my daily calories between 1500 (yeah right! LOL) and 1900. And I hate diet food so I only eat stuff I actually like.

I am also allowing myself one sweet a day, usually at the end of theday in the form of cheesecake or something that is high fat. (I am loosely following the Suzanne somers "sugar is bad, fat is my friend" philosophy.)

Also trying a tip I heard on Oprah a few years ago - get ok with feeling a little hungry. I am eating all.the.time. and I never feel hungry so I am trying to sit with "hunger" a little longer than I used to. (Not to the point of starving, but you know?)

I am horrified of yo-yo dieting (This is my first diet - prior to having kids I was "skinnyfat" I treated my food and my body really poorly but stayed skinny and totally unhealthy) So I am taking it really really slow and easy on myself.

fitday says Its like 1.8 lbs a week and I don't think that should be a problem!!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...ansformedjenny

Jenny

Last edited by transformedjenny; 01-07-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

I feel ya hun! I am 26 years old have three kids and I am getting married 10/10/10. I want my pics to be pretty and not have three chins.... I got on the scale and started to cry!!! I am around 210. lbs I have never been that big! I want to get my weight down but I feel like I have no will power. I am sooooo tired allllllll the time. I really think I need someone to kick my butt into gear or something.

I want to be able to play with my kids without my boyfriend saying hold on guys lets check on mom. I want to be able to go places without trying to plan if I was going to be the biggest one there. I am TIRED OF BEING FAT!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Freedom116
I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years now and would love to be his thin bride and a healthy mother someday soon so this weight has got to go! My ultimate goal is 50 pounds by June or July.
Ive been with my guy for 3yrs and also want to be the best version of myself for those things (wedding- healthy momma)..Im 24 and about 40lbs overweight. I consider myself lucky because I am evenly proportioned and have been told I 'carry it well' but it doesnt matter when you feel crappy about yourself. My boyfriend has seen my weight fluctuate between about 15 lbs in both directions and he has loved me whatever weight I am but I want to be healthy for me and june or july is also my goal...and ps my boyfriend is into Mixed Martial Arts (cage fighting) so he has a great bod and is very healthy...I wanna look like a ring girl this summer! Well, maybe not exactly like one, but feeling confident in a bikini at least
Old 01-11-2010, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Love the new forums

I am 5'7", 43 yo female. Started 1/1/09 (a year ago) at 213. Wanted to lose 50 lbs last year but ALSO wanted to be smart and find a WAY OF LIFE. I started 1/1/10 at 181 so 32 lbs lost. So now, I'm going for another 30 lbs this year and then maintenance. I have to say, some times are harder than others (like TOM) but holidays were a success and I didn't gain anything. AND, I have finally found a way to live a healthy, and enjoyable lifestyle that I believe can be easily maintained. That's the key for me...
Old 01-11-2010, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I just started a few days ago. Goal is to lose 48 lb by the end of June, then will go from there and set another goal at that time. I am all about lifestyle changing right now...eating less (but eating healthy), moving more!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Freedom116
Thanks JRamiez24! I wish you the best of luck- just keep it up each and every day! Just think how beautiful we will feel walking down the aisles and parading around in our bikinis on the honeymoon!

I'm here if you ever need to talk!
YES! we are gonna be beautiful future brides! and eventually hot mommas! good luck with everything and keep me posted on your successes...
Old 01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Destinyschoice76
Hey Ohio ladies!
What part of OH are you from? I am in NE Ohio, in the suburbs of Youngstown, Boardman area.

Hope everyone is having a good day & hanging in there! I am actually not finding restricting my eating too difficult. It is more matter of eating the right foods.
Warren, Ohio! I graduated from Howland High School. My family owned businesses in Cortland, Ohio and we lived in Cortland until we moved to Utah/Arizona in 1997.
I know it's cold there now so keep up your strength and you can get through this cold spell. Hot tea is great to warm up with!
Good luck Ohio ladies......and ALL ladies on this site!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Just found Fitday a few days ago. Started back on Weight Watchers a year ago and instead of losing I have gained. Started exercising in June but still have not lost. I am hoping that this is my year to finally lose the weight so I can get back into my fat clothes. I am 45, married, working full time from home with a soon to be 5 year old and soon to be 3 year old. I am 5'2" and currently weight 154. I am trying to lose at least 20 pounds by June at the earliest and at the latest December. My hard thing is not to eat my son's left overs. I am hoping that with the way Fitday works it will help me see if eating my sons' left overs will hurt my diet that day or not.