FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Lifestyle Changes 2010 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/25-lifestyle-changes-2010-a.html)

jparedes06 01-04-2010 06:30 AM

Newbie from CT

Hi all!!

My name is Jessica, 26 from CT. I just joined FitDay today. Of course, I'm starting the new year in hopes that I will finally achieve my weight loss goals. This has been an endless battle for me since I was a child. I'm almost at the point of giving up but I know that I am my worst enemy because I really don't have anything holding me back like any disability or impairment. Other than the fact that I am morbidly obese, I have no health issues. So I basically just have to crack the whip on myself and get this done. I'm looking forward to this site as a means of support and motivation and hopefully I'll get the chance to motivate and support others. I am going back to Planet Fitness today to actually benefit from the $20/month membership I've had since July now but only gone prob about 3 weeks cumulatively since then. Other than that, good luck everyone! And I hope to hear from more of you!

janerabbit 01-04-2010 06:47 AM

Just do it!

Hi Ladies.... seriously I think you need to forget about establishing a set weight goal and focus on making a life style change. The realization of where you'd like to see yourself will happen, but it shouldn't be the focus. Get moving, eat healthier, push your self .... a little further on the treadmill or a little faster. try and beat your calories burned each time. And if your weight training, up your weight every couple of weeks, or your reps or your sets. You can't help but succeed it you make that the focus and not the scale.

I say this as I have been in the gym since feb. 05, '09 on a journey to shed 100 lbs. No it isn't happening as fast as I'd like it too, but it is happening. I'm happy to say I'm about half way there....yay! Take the view that any weight loss is good weight loss even if the scale doesn't make you happy. You will be fitter and stronger.... how can you not be and that is all good!

janerabbit 01-04-2010 06:49 AM

ooops!

posted this in the wrong thread..... been on fit day for 3 months, but never visited the forums. Fit day will help you stay true to your goals.

mliebeck 01-04-2010 07:04 AM

My goal....

My goal is to lose 25-30 lbs, I am 28 about to be 29 .... and I am still carrying the dreaded baby weight from my last two children. I am currently about 185lbs and I would love to get to at least 150-160, I am 5'9" so I am cool with not going back to my pre-mom weight of 130!!!!!

I just found this site and I really need motivation in doing this I am a single mom and I work full time and I am also a full time college student, and I have no family for help with anything, so I can get discouraged!!!!!

EcoVeggieMaMa 01-04-2010 11:07 AM

My goal was to lose a little over 100 and currently have 80 - 90 more to go! i will stop when I can look at myself with pride so not sure of what the real number will be.

My weight gain was due to IVF and bed rest for my entire pregnancy. Shortly after having my son I had several surgeries and other health issues and was limited in movement, then after awhile, it just became too easy to eat whatever was quick, well as quick as could be for a vegetarian, and not exercise like I should, so my other goal has been to keep on track and stay on track. I am also transitioning from vegetarian to vegan during this time to help keep the fat content low in my body to help with my PCOS and thyroid issues.

I am 45 and want to live a long healthy life with my family. I remind myself I was fit for my girls who are now adults and I can do the same for my son.

Peace,

Jo

yourbadd 01-05-2010 01:10 AM

Starting Over!!!

Hi all, I'm a 32 yr old mom of 3 in OH. 2 years ago I was exercising on a regular basis and used Fit Day to log everything. I had lost weight, toned up and was eating healthy. Then.....I suddenly lost most of my hearing and after rounds with doctors and tests, found out there was nothing to be done to correct the problem. Needless to say I became very depressed and ate everything in sight!! I have made a goal (not resolution) to be healthier in 2010 and make myself a priority instead of an after thought. My weight loss goals are fairly vague...I don't own a scale so probably 30-40 pounds will get me where I want to be. I just want to feel proud or at least not disgusted when I look in the mirror.

Deborah :o

DColeman80 01-05-2010 06:46 AM

Im with you!!!

I love this site as well. :p it is quickly teaching me that I can have the snack that i want just in moderation. I have two-babies baby weight to lose. I have been overweight since high school... well since my freshman year in college and i just want to be healthy. I am still in pretty good health but i want to be in better health I guess i should say. right on to everyone who even has the desire to change their lives. i heard something that said it takes like 30 days to create a habit so hang in there... you are on day 5 and life is good. proper planning produces positive results. plan out your work day and pack your lunches -- think about going to the gym or taking the stairs -- plan properly to set yourself up for success (I am so speaking to myself!!!) .... and what is that hollywoodcookiediet.com thing anyway??? isnt that an oxymoron :D

parallax693 01-05-2010 07:34 AM

I'm 46 years old and want to lose 60 lbs by the end of this year. I've joined a gym, and am going to "ease" myself into an exercise routine...can't remember the last time I exercised! I'm watching what I eat, and logging everything on this site. I find this tremendously helpful in motivating me and "keeping me honest"! I'm glad that they added forums. Wonderful. Let me know if the Wii fit is helpful, I'm thinking about getting it, but wondered if it was really challenging enough.

JRamirez24 01-05-2010 08:12 AM

This is such a wonderful website, I am so glad I just happen to stumble across it.

This is the year I will change mylife, at 24 I am 174lbs, I need to lose 40 lbs! wish we luck and here we go on my way to a new life!

JRamirez24 01-05-2010 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Freedom116 (Post 70)
Hey ladies! Well I just found out about this site and am pretty excited about it. I am 24 years old and for Christmas I got a wii fit. Well when I stepped on that thing (it comes with a balance board scale type contraption) it informed me that I was obese. I couldn't believe it! I've always been self conscious about my weight but never ever thought it was this bad. I just thought I was "kind of chubby." I am just so ready for a change. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years now and would love to be his thin bride and a healthy mother someday soon so this weight has got to go! My ultimate goal is 50 pounds by June or July. What is everyone elses goals? I'd love to talk about our success and how hard it is because I just wanna eat eat eat! My goal weight is 116 pounds. Write back and let's do it!! :o

Wow is almost like im hearing myself talking, we are on the same boat, I'm 24 too and I desperately need to lose at least 40 lbs, I've also been with my bf for 4 year and sometimes is hard because we want to go have advetures and I feel like I might be holding him back because I cant keep up with him, or when he wants to go to the pool or the beach during the summer time I always come up with excuses because I feel so uncomfortable in a bathing suit, but I have decided this year is the year I change Im done with excuses and done with not liking myself when I catch a glimpse in the mirror...i know it might be hard sometimes but I will do it. BEST of luck to you and if you need support, count on me!