Notices

Having weight loss surgry

Old 11-22-2010, 10:35 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Having weight loss surgry

Hi, Im new to Fitday, today is my first day. I hoping to have surgry in Jan. I have over 100lbs to loose.Looking for pals that are having the surgry or already have had it to join in. My name is Lindaess
Old 11-23-2010, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there, Lindaess!
I haven't had weight loss surgry, but I want to wish you good luck and an easy recovery. 100 pounds may seem overwhelming at first (I had 80ish pounds to lose when I started) but if you take each day at a time and enjoy the changes you feel and see in your body, it will make your goal seem possible (and be possible!). Weight loss is a journey, and I for one want to enjoy the ride!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, welcome to fitday and good luck on the journey.

I will give you one piece of advice that is true whether you are losing 'on your own' or via surgery.

I went to the informational session on the surgery... and I also know several people who have had it. 2 are doing wonderfully! 2 others are not because they did not make this a lifestyle change.. and once they had dropped a large amount of weight.. they kept adding a little more than they are allotted, eating foods they shouldnt.. and of course, they regained all they lost and then some.

So my advice to you is.. realize this is a lifetime committment. It isnt a diet than can be easily reversed. I wish you the best of luck!!