Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread, 11/16/10 >

7-Day Motivational Thread, 11/16/10

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread, 11/16/10

Old 11-15-2010, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=Hunny24;25485]

Finished my 10k Sat in the pouring rain we had here. Averaged 9.38 per mile and finished in under an hour. So met that goal at least!

[QUOTE=Hunny24;25485]

Great job on the 10k, esp in the cold rain!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Dang, didn't even make it a week!

I don't know if I'm glad or sad that I'm not the only one who couldn't stick to it this week. I probably should have waited until today to try to start. Between the PMS and the three day long migraine last week, I was a mess. All should be well now for 3 weeks. Until the next go round with the monthlies.

Anyway, I logged my weight every day, but not my foods. I didn't do any workouts, but I also didn't miss a day of work despite the fire inside my head. I'm a CNA, so I'm on my feet for 7-8 hours, so that helps a little.

Goals again this week:

Log food intake every day.
Log weight every day.
Log 3 hours of exercise this week.

Good luck to all this week. It will be better than the last one was.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card:

This week for the benefit of my health and welfare I vow to:

1. Keep calories to 1,500. 1,479 (so HAH and a HY-YAH!)
2. Exercise for a total of 7 hours. 1 hr 45 min
3. Keep carbs to 47% or less. 52%
4. Take a load of stuff to Goodwill. NO
5. Drink 96 oz of water every day. YES
6. Make my Christmas shopping list and scope out BF deals. NO
7. Call and sign-up for the Turkey Trot. NO
8. Get the elliptical fixed. NO
9. Attempt the pumpkin/yogurt pie. NO
Old 11-15-2010, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

1) keep to (or below) 1500-1600 calories: 1750 but it was the coke and pretzels I needed to settle my tummy; tummy's weird
2) meditate more (it really helps)- nope
3) go to the gym or take a walk at least 3-4x - walked 1/2 hour; it was great
4) drink more water (I have to, with these meds) water and errrm coke
5) keep positive- do not take myself so personally I wasn't negative. sorta neutral
6) take these clothes I have been driving around for two months and actually drop them at Good Will - nope
7) do good work (and keep in touch) - did work, whether it's good, well I'll find out tomorrow
8) be compassionate to others, including and especially to the ones I find challenging- I'm trying this out on DD; I think it's working; she'll probably it was "a fail"
9) get some new clothes so I stop looking like my own grandma- nope still in granny clothes; that's it for now young'uns
Old 11-15-2010, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Peanut! I am going to sign up for more of those next year I think...helps keep me running and motivated.

Goals for this week:

Stick to my daily menu I created - Keeping me under 1300, in order to get back on track - YES, I think I only had like 1000 calories yesterday but after the week I just had, having a day like that is finw with me!
Run outside 2x a week, Gym, 3x a week and one day of Plyo - YES , ran at the gym last night only for 30 mins since my hammy's are sore.
Eat healthy while in Vegas next week...the alcohol is going to kill me there but I am going to try really hard anyways

Well down two pounds of crap water weight, which is great but hate that I keep putting myself through this every month. But still eating well and feeling good so hope everyone is off to a great start today as well!

Last edited by Hunny24; 11-16-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Report Card for Monday:

1. Calories-1500-1600-NO
(Fitday calculates my intake at 1712?)
2. 128 oz of water-Yes
3. 1 hour workout-Yes
4. Clean my laundry room!!-Not yet

I had finished dinner yesterday with 1664 calories. Not too bad, but then DD came home from a shopping trip with Granny and brought leftovers from California Pizza Kitchen. Avocado Club Egg Rolls-OMG they are soo good!! So yeah I didnt finish so well on calories yesterday. And one day the scales are up two pounds. Its has to be the sodium!!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Back after 6 months

Hi everyone!

Well, I spent six months way, waaaaayy off the bandwagon putting on weight and now really, really need to get back to a reasonable weight. FitDay was so helpful for me when I kept up with it; I decided I need to again!

I know there was trouble because none of my clothes have fit for a while now, but when I stepped on the scale and saw the largest number I've ever seen in my life (including at any point in any of my 3 pregnancies...)

So here I am. Goals?

1) log my food intake here (and thereby pay some attention to what I eat!)
2) drink only water and tea
3) stay AWAY from carbs altogether, except some brown rice
4) stay within about 1300 cal for the next couple of weeks
5) be a little bit accountable by checking back in here with you gals

Have a good week, everyone!

Margaret

current weight: 74 kg
mini-goal: 70 kg by Dec. 14
end goal: 62 kg
Old 11-16-2010, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

OK - I am very,very new to all this but I think I might like this "thread" motivation - since it is Tuesday, 11/16th - I will kind of be a late starter this week
goals for rest of work week:
1) Do not eat more than 1600 cals a day
2) Drink min of 100 oz water each day
3) Do Toning work out Wed a.m., brisk walk/job Thurs a.m. and toning again Fri a.m.
4) Stop putting myself down, give myself a break and realize I am a good person!!!

I CAN DO THIS!!!

Have a great rest of the week everyone!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:14 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card:

This week for the benefit of my health and welfare I vow to:

1. Keep calories to 1,500. 1,479,1,922 But then I got sick so I don't really know what I actually kept down.
2. Exercise for a total of 7 hours. 1 hr 45 min, 55 min, 1 hr 5 min (3:45 total)
3. Keep carbs to 47% or less. 52%, 56%
4. Take a load of stuff to Goodwill. NO, NO
5. Drink 96 oz of water every day. YES, YES
6. Make my Christmas shopping list and scope out BF deals. NO, NO
7. Call and sign-up for the Turkey Trot. NO, NO
8. Get the elliptical fixed. NO, NO
9. Attempt the pumpkin/yogurt pie. NO, NO

Looks like I'm not doing very well on my goals this week. Yesterday I was doing really well on calories, but ended up going over budget by a piece of leftover garlic bread and a small bag of popcorn. But then I got sick in the middle of the night, and actually have a loss on the scale this morning. Things are looking better this morning, I woke up before the alarm clock went off and got my workout in and have kept breakfast down as well.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-16-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Goals for this week:

Stick to my daily menu I created - Keeping me under 1300, in order to get back on track - YES, around 1100
Run outside 2x a week, Gym, 3x a week and one day of Plyo - Off day last night but will be working out tonight and everyday until Sat then Vegas on Sunday!
Eat healthy while in Vegas next week...the alcohol is going to kill me there but I am going to try really hard anyways

Well down another pound and a half of water weight, getting me closer to the 144 I was a few weeks ago. Will be running outside tonight if it doesn't rain. Otherwise I will hit the gym. Feeling really good about things and have all my food made today so it will be easy to keep within my caloric range. Happy Hump Day everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.