Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread, 11/16/10

Old 11-14-2010, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread, 11/16/10

Since most of us need to start strong as we head into the holiday eat-fest season....

This week for the benefit of my health and welfare I vow to:

1. Keep calories to 1,500 (I know I always start with that one and fail miserably at it, but I feel a renewed sense of purpose this morning, so HAH and a HY-YAH!)
2. Exercise for a total of 7 hours.
3. Keep carbs to 47% or less.
4. Take a load of stuff to Goodwill.
5. Drink 96 oz of water every day.
6. Make my Christmas shopping list and scope out BF deals
7. Call and sign-up for the Turkey Trot.
8. Get the elliptical fixed.
9. Attempt the pumpkin/yogurt pie.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys!
I am down 1.5 pounds in a week, from 130 starting- to 128.5 I stuck to my calorie intake of 1200 a day for six of the day, but one day went as much as 2500, due to a social drinking event! hehe pretty happy about this. Anyways here are my weekly goals
1. Eat 1200 Calories M-F
2. More school work action and less proscastinating
3. Be more positive in words, actions and thoughts
4. Meditate more
5. Go to the gym 3-4 times in 5 days
6. Do not DRINK when I go away this weekend with the SO (oo this is going to be a hard one)

Happy Monday Everyone!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

I kinda gave up last week. I have chronic health problems and the past 2-3 months have been reallly bad, terrible, in fact. I keep trying different meds, got so desperate I am now on one that may cause weight gain and hair loss (yippee! my two favorite things!) But I am determined to get both healthy and fit so here goes:

I will take a page from both Almeeker and Cubbyprincess if they don't mind:
1) keep to (or below) 1500-1600 calories
2) meditate more (it really helps)
3) go to the gym or take a walk at least 3-4x
4) drink more water (I have to, with these meds)
5) keep positive- do not take myself so personally
6) take these clothes I have been driving around for two months and actually drop them at Good Will
7) do good work (and keep in touch)
8) be compassionate to others, including and especially to the ones I find challenging
9) get some new clothes so I stop looking like my own grandma

Congrats on the weight loss, Cubby! I'm gonna try for that too!!!

Last edited by canary52; 11-15-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! I hope everyone had a good weekend. I am so tired this morning and really dont know why. I did manage to keep the calories in check this weekend and get my workouts in.

I am down another 2.4 lbs. I am very excited about this but since I started a little over 7 weeks ago, I haven't had any big weight loss weeks. It has been consistently 1.5-2lbs per week. (I know this is the average) But alot of people loose several pounds their first few weeks. Because of this I am wondering if maybe I should cut out most of my carbs. I also have a lot of belly fat. My waist is around 42" right now. If I do cut out more carbs what would be a healthy breakfast. Because now I am accustomed to eating thin bagels or english muffins.

Here are my current goals for the week:

1. Calories-1500-1600
(Fitday calculates my intake at 1712?)
2. 128 oz of water
3. 1 hour workout
4. Clean my laundry room!!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Good job, cubby re pounds! I have binged (didn't even count, probably over 3000!) the past 3 days and am up 3 pounds since Thurs; hopefully water/food weight.

Goals:

- No sweets/treats except on Friday for girls' night out at Fondue place
- Run Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat to train for Turkey trot (hard b/c I'll be running in the dark at 8 PM every night after everyone goes to bed!).
Old 11-15-2010, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Guys

Last week I was MIA because I was having some minor issues at home and couldn't deal with the whole weight loss thing too. I don't know if anyone here has ever had an anxiety attack but I had the first one of my life and it was horrible, I woke up a week ago friday with a wierd pain on the the side of my right breast. I was like WTF is that? I did the whole breast exam which I do every month but let me tell you it is way different when you are actually think something may be wrong, man are those things lumpy. So of course I am poking and proding and brusing myself to no end trying to figure out if there is something wrong. Well I think I had actually just pulled a muscle, but some how I got it in my head that there was something really wrong with me and I couldn't shake the feeling, I was having heart palpitations and cold sweats all those fun things. Because of all this I was super tense so I ended up pulling ( or making worse my already pulled) chest muscles, shoulder muscles and back muscles. Of course at the time I didn't know that was what had happened so that just made me more worried to the point that by Tuesday I could hardly function. ( if you knew me you would know how crazy this is, I am a super rational person normally). I finally went and saw the doctor on Tuesday afternoon and he told me that I was perfectly fine, there was nothing wrong with my breasts, heart lungs etc.. So I finally calmed down, it was almost instantaneous after him telling me but I was left with these awful pulled muscles from all my worrying so I took the rest of the week off to recover. There for this week my goals are going to be quite simple:

1) stay with in my recommended calories ( about 1400)
2) exercise gently 5 nights this week
3) start my Christmas shopping
4) drink 100 oz of water!

Thanks for letting me spill guys

Andrea
Old 11-15-2010, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I'm new! I'm in the crunch time for school (and family eating!) so I really need you guys right about now!

Goals for Nov 15-21
1.) Drink 3L of water per day!
2.) Keep calories to 1800
3.) Sleep?
4.) Go to Crew practice T, TH, & F
5.) Hit that gym like a truck!~ M-F
Old 11-15-2010, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Well I am with you Canary...had a terrible last week. I keep doing this to myself...will be great for a few weeks and then one week will be horrible. But its all about starting over and continuing on again right? So that's what I will be doing this week.

Finished my 10k Sat in the pouring rain we had here. Averaged 9.38 per mile and finished in under an hour. So met that goal at least!

Goals for this week:

Stick to my daily menu I created - Keeping me under 1300, in order to get back on track
Run outside 2x a week, Gym, 3x a week and one day of Plyo
Eat healthy while in Vegas next week...the alcohol is going to kill me there but I am going to try really hard anyways.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Hi! I'm new! I'm in the crunch time for school (and family eating!) so I really need you guys right about now!

Goals for Nov 15-21
1.) Drink 3L of water per day!
2.) Keep calories to 1800
3.) Sleep?
4.) Go to Crew practice T, TH, & F
5.) Hit that gym like a truck!~ M-F
Welcome! We are glad to have you here with us. Keep us updated on your progress.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by xarinn
Hey Guys

Last week I was MIA because I was having some minor issues at home and couldn't deal with the whole weight loss thing too. I don't know if anyone here has ever had an anxiety attack but I had the first one of my life and it was horrible, I woke up a week ago friday with a wierd pain on the the side of my right breast. I was like WTF is that? I did the whole breast exam which I do every month but let me tell you it is way different when you are actually think something may be wrong, man are those things lumpy. So of course I am poking and proding and brusing myself to no end trying to figure out if there is something wrong. Well I think I had actually just pulled a muscle, but some how I got it in my head that there was something really wrong with me and I couldn't shake the feeling, I was having heart palpitations and cold sweats all those fun things. Because of all this I was super tense so I ended up pulling ( or making worse my already pulled) chest muscles, shoulder muscles and back muscles. Of course at the time I didn't know that was what had happened so that just made me more worried to the point that by Tuesday I could hardly function. ( if you knew me you would know how crazy this is, I am a super rational person normally). I finally went and saw the doctor on Tuesday afternoon and he told me that I was perfectly fine, there was nothing wrong with my breasts, heart lungs etc.. So I finally calmed down, it was almost instantaneous after him telling me but I was left with these awful pulled muscles from all my worrying so I took the rest of the week off to recover. There for this week my goals are going to be quite simple:

1) stay with in my recommended calories ( about 1400)
2) exercise gently 5 nights this week
3) start my Christmas shopping
4) drink 100 oz of water!

Thanks for letting me spill guys

Andrea

Glad to have you back with us Andrea. I am sorry you had such a rough week! I have never had an "anxiety attack" but I do have anxiety. I get over anxious about alot of issues. I take Zoloft on a regular basis and have Xanax for the really bad times! So I really do feel your pain. Just ease yourself back into your routine. We are here if you need to talk!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.