Notices

Having a tough week

Old 11-11-2010, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Having a tough week

So this week has not been good for me. Hubby is driving me nuts...he's stressed about work and of course who is he taking it out on. Needed to take a break from running due to the race but haven't worked out in a few days at all since I am pissed, tired, etc and would rather just sit on the couch and eat some crap.

I know I shouldn't do it but it's so hard when you feel this way sometimes. So just looking for some motivation since I am lacking everything is seems lately. Hope you all are having a better day than I am this morning!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hunny24
So this week has not been good for me. Hubby is driving me nuts...he's stressed about work and of course who is he taking it out on. Needed to take a break from running due to the race but haven't worked out in a few days at all since I am pissed, tired, etc and would rather just sit on the couch and eat some crap.

I know I shouldn't do it but it's so hard when you feel this way sometimes. So just looking for some motivation since I am lacking everything is seems lately. Hope you all are having a better day than I am this morning!

I am so sorry you have having a bad week. Why do we take out our problems on the person closest to us? Its the same way in my house. If DH is bothered about something then I feel it too, and vice versa.

Maybe you could find a workout to do without him around! That way you can get some of your frustration out! Don't let the negative feelings win. You have a race coming up and you have got to be completely healthy for that! Go find some healthy crap to eat!!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Do you have access to a punching bag or boxing video? I find that a little punching into the air very helpful in stressful situations. When school lets out I have 6 kids running through my house, so believe it when I say punching and kick boxing are very very helpful. My only other advice is to um, get busy in the bedroom. Seriously it burns a ton of calories and makes everybody feel a whole lot more relaxed.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
My only other advice is to um, get busy in the bedroom. Seriously it burns a ton of calories and makes everybody feel a whole lot more relaxed.
Yeah I wish! Hubby has not been my favorite person lately so even though he is there, the desire isn't at the moment. Maybe I should call some old friends...jk
Old 11-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Sometimes when I get this way I make a point to journal things I'm thankful for. It's the last thing I want to do when I get in a mood, but it does help.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Yeah I wish! Hubby has not been my favorite person lately so even though he is there, the desire isn't at the moment. Maybe I should call some old friends...jk
I'm not nuts about housework either, but it's a lot nicer around here when both the laundry and the DH have been done...
Old 11-12-2010, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm not nuts about housework either, but it's a lot nicer around here when both the laundry and the DH have been done...
I am just sitting at my desk laughing. Almeeker you are too funny!!!! I bet my DH would love for me to have your attitude!! Jokes aside, you are right though. My DH is much happier and more willing to help out when he has been helped!!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Well maybe I'm just projecting here. My DH has been away on business since Monday, so I'm sort of looking forward to a load or three of um, dirty laundry...

Years ago my mother, who is if nothing else, brutally honest, said to me that one of the keys to a successful marriage is um, relations. After 12 years of marriage to the same man, I have to admit mom's right - again.

I can remember one time when my brother was being a real pain in the behind. He'd changed shifts at work, so he was getting home hours after my SIL was in bed out cold to the world. So she was complaining about him being a grouch and so I suggested they might, well you know. And she was like "but I'm asleep", so I told her to go to bed a little early, set the alarm clock for a little bit before he got home and meet him at the door in her favorite high heels, that's it just the high heels. I do believe that she got roses at work the next day. Men are not that hard to please. Women are a different story...

Last edited by almeeker; 11-12-2010 at 01:21 AM.