Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread-11/8/10

Old 11-11-2010, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, 1,800 SS. 2,199, 1,560, 1,701, 2,000 I've been self medicating with carbs, buttered toast and potato soup mostly.
2. Drink 96 oz of water. YES, YES, YES, yes (I think, I'm a little bit confused today so not completely sure)
3. Get to the pool 2 times. YES, NO, NO, NO
4. Cardio or aerobics 4 hours. 45 min, 60 min, 57 min, 0 min this stomach bug is awful
5. Weightlifting 2 times 15 min, 15 min, No, No
6. Clean out my closet NO, NO, 1/2 way done!!!, FINISHED!!!
7. Take a load of stuff to Goodwill NO, NO, NO, It's all packed up in the SUV, but I just couldn't stomach the drive out there, I've been on the cusp of barfing all day long
8. Call dad and see if he can weld the elliptical back together. NO, NO, NO, This weekend he'll work on it, maybe Saturday.

Wednesday's Challenge: I managed to load up a bunch of stuff, but just couldn't do anymore. I'll head out tomorrow after I take the kids to school.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep at night. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Drink 2 1/2 - 3 big blue water bottles a day. No, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Get at least 25 g fiber in per day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Floss nightly. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Stay on the exercise schedule (two days tennis, two runs, two strength days). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. At least five fruit and veggie servings daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Work on the billing I've been putting off. Yes, None today, Not today either, Yes

Almeeker, sorry about your stomach bug. Sounds similar to mine...feeling bad, afraid to eat, and on the edge of getting sick...yeesh. The good news is, if it is the same, you'll be back on your game tomorrow.

Almost Friday, everyone!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning Challengers! It's FRIDAY!!! Woohoo!

So, I had an amazing run yesterday morning. I completed a full 5k in 34 minutes! I beat my previous record. I am still nervous about heading up to the arctic for a week on Monday. I hope that I can keep in touch with you all! I don't know if I will be able to run while I am up North. There is A LOT of snow up there near the North Pole. Did I mention I am nervous?

Last night I went to a dinner party and sort of busted through my calorie goal! I'm hoping the running balances things out and I don't see a gain from this but knowing my metabolism I probably put 4 pounds back on! I am sure that I gain weight just reading a menu.

So I am trying to accept the caloric deviation and not get all dramatic about it. I am just finding it so damn hard to go out for dinner without going way over my calorie budget. I will have to figure something out for the next one.

1. Eat 1400-1600 calories per day. NO for Monday, 1505, 1534, 2374
2. Run 5k 3 times No Yes No Hell Yes
3. Do the 30 Day Shred 2 times No No No No
4. Take my multivitamin Yes Yes Yes Yes
5. Drink 2 litres of water per day Yes Yes Yes Yes
6. Sleep at least 7 hours per night Yes Yes Yes Yes

Almeeker, I hope you feel better. Having a stomach bug in NO FUN!

Have a fabulous Friday, Everyone!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Report for Thursday:

1. Calories at 1500-BIG FAT NO-about 2,000, 1719, 2019, 1800
2. 128 oz of water-YES, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 1 hour-YES,Yes, Yes,Yes
4. Do not get on any scales!!!!-Check, Tuesday-well lets just say DH didnt hide them!
5. Stay positive and motivated-YES, YES, Yes, I didnt want to walk last night, BIDIA!, Yes

I am so glad its Friday! I am only working 1/2 day today so thats even better! Busy weekend though, but at least I will be occupied so I dont put too much food in my mouth!

Almeeker-I hope you feel better soon. I hope this "cyper bug" doesn't make it to NC!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Back again, almost.

Hello, everyone. This bug has really been a killer! The coughing and headaches have been the worst. Body aches were pretty bad, too. I've missed a whole week at work. Had planned to take today as a vacation day a long time ago, so I'm keeping up with that and staying home today as well. Today is the first day all week that I've woken up and actually felt like I could do some sort of exercise besides sit around and whine. I'll see how that goes later. My weight was down a pound for the week, which was a surprise. Usually when I don't feel well and don't exercise I gain.

I really liked Cassie's challenge, so here goes:
1) I can make friends easily.
2) I play the piano very well.
3) Every year for the past three I've pushed a wheelchair bound person through a 5k local race as a fundraiser.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:33 PM
FitDay Member

I ate nothing but sweets and baked goods today - about 3 croissants w nutella and 4 pieces of pumpkin cake and cranberry orange cake. UGH!

I did run 3.5 miles and sign up for a 5k Turkey Trot!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep at night. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Drink 2 1/2 - 3 big blue water bottles a day. No, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Get at least 25 g fiber in per day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Floss nightly. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Stay on the exercise schedule (two days tennis, two runs, two strength days). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. At least five fruit and veggie servings daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Work on the billing I've been putting off. Yes, None today, Not today either, Yes, Nope

Hope everyone had a good day! Rose, thank you for posting so enthusiastically about your run yesterday. I was finding all kinds of excuses not to go out for one and after I read your post, I couldn't justify any of them, so I went! Thanks for the boost