Community
Notices

I'm being honest when I say...

Old 11-07-2010, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you, Canary, for being gracious.

Aww, Rose, we are lucky to have you! Like you, I'm also very grateful for this little corner (as you aptly put it) and appreciate all of you for your time and energy spent sharing your experiences. Thank you also for the kind words - maybe one day I'll even finish the book I'm working on.

As this thread has shown, each and every one of us is capable of being and quite possibly has been an inspiration for each other - and that is really awesome.

Boo - I hope I didn't hijack your thread! I hope I didn't commit some kind of forum faux pas... I'm sorry if I did!

Ah, time to finish up the weekend and start a new week. Here's to making every day count!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Changeisgood, I highly encourage you to finish that book you are working on! You are obviously a great writer. It was the first thing I noticed about you!

Boo, I also hope you don't feel like your thread was hijacked. I got so much out of this thread and it's all thanks to you!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Here's to making this week count!

((Lifts up glass of sparkling water))
Old 11-08-2010, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on your success to date! You have really come a long way. I feel encouraged when I see others doing it and then I know I can too. It isn't easy, for many reasons on so many levels, but then again, anything worth doing is never easy. Keep your chin up and your motivation will follow!!
Slweaver48
Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you again everyone for the lovely words, and I don't want anyone to feel they are 'hijacking' this thread! It's so positive for me to hear about other people's struggles and how they are being overcome. Hey, just because I've lost 62lbs doesn't mean I'm an expert!

I have decided to do a bimonthly measurement check-in. I do my measurements every other week, but sometimes seeing half an inch off doesn't fill me with joy, so I'm hoping that seeing my efforts over a larger time scale will encourage me further.
If anyone else wants to do any type of measurement check-in as well please feel free!!!

Measurements between 11th Sept - 6th Nov.
Bust; 48, 45.5 (-2.5)
Waist;45.5, 40.25 (-5.25)
Natural Waist; 43, 38.5 (-4.5)
Love Handles; 52, 46 (-6)
Hips; 47, 43 (-4)
Left Arm; 16, 14.5 (-1.5)
Right Arm; 15.5. 14 (-1.5)
Left Lower Arm; 11.5, 10.5 (-1)
Right Lower Arm; 11.25, 10.5 (-0.75)
Left Thigh; 28.25, 26 (-2.25)
Right Thigh; 28.5. 25.75 (-2.75)
Left Calf; 19, 17.5 (-1.5)
Right Calf; 18, 17.25 (-0.75)
Neck; 15, 13.5 (-1.5)

Total lost in 8 weeks - 35.75 inches
Old 11-09-2010, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Boo, I really like your idea of posting measurements on a thread. I'm in the Friday Weigh-In group and it's really motivating to get a visual of a consistent loss over time. It's also cool to be able to track your body's patterns instantly just by looking at it. I had my husband take my measurements a few days ago, so I'm not ready just yet to get them taken again, but when I am, I'll definitely join you.

And holy smokes, almost 36" less of you - that's amazing! I'll have to add mine up, too.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Count me in for the measurement club! Are we going to do it on specific days or when ever it is convient for each individual?

Great idea, Boo!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

I am very afraid of having all this loose skin as well. I have it now, after having two kids I have a flappy belly with dead skin and I still have like 90 pounds I want to lose so I can just imagine what it will look like after.

But like Jillian Michael's says, you might have loose skin after you lose weight but you have it right now anyway and are not healthy or happy. Wouldnt you want to be healthy and happy?
Old 11-24-2010, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Thank you again everyone for the lovely words, and I don't want anyone to feel they are 'hijacking' this thread! It's so positive for me to hear about other people's struggles and how they are being overcome. Hey, just because I've lost 62lbs doesn't mean I'm an expert!

I have decided to do a bimonthly measurement check-in. I do my measurements every other week, but sometimes seeing half an inch off doesn't fill me with joy, so I'm hoping that seeing my efforts over a larger time scale will encourage me further.
If anyone else wants to do any type of measurement check-in as well please feel free!!!

Measurements between 11th Sept - 6th Nov.
Bust; 48, 45.5 (-2.5)
Waist;45.5, 40.25 (-5.25)
Natural Waist; 43, 38.5 (-4.5)
Love Handles; 52, 46 (-6)
Hips; 47, 43 (-4)
Left Arm; 16, 14.5 (-1.5)
Right Arm; 15.5. 14 (-1.5)
Left Lower Arm; 11.5, 10.5 (-1)
Right Lower Arm; 11.25, 10.5 (-0.75)
Left Thigh; 28.25, 26 (-2.25)
Right Thigh; 28.5. 25.75 (-2.75)
Left Calf; 19, 17.5 (-1.5)
Right Calf; 18, 17.25 (-0.75)
Neck; 15, 13.5 (-1.5)

Total lost in 8 weeks - 35.75 inches
I wish I could see movement in my measurements but for some reason I am not seeing any movement except 1 or 2 inces off my hips! I ahve been working out 5 days a week at the gym since the end of Feb and lost 20 pounds but that is it. I am really frustrated at times because I am doing the best I can and now my knees are starting to hurt when I am sitting at my desk so I am getting scared
Old 11-24-2010, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
I wish I could see movement in my measurements but for some reason I am not seeing any movement except 1 or 2 inces off my hips! I ahve been working out 5 days a week at the gym since the end of Feb and lost 20 pounds but that is it. I am really frustrated at times because I am doing the best I can and now my knees are starting to hurt when I am sitting at my desk so I am getting scared
I'm sorry that you're not seeing the results you're after.
If your knees/joints are aching when you're in a seated position I'd definitely see your GP and ask for advice. It could be as simple as a lack of essential oils in your diet? If you don't already maybe you should consider taking a daily Cod Liver Oil supplement? People tend to associate it with older people, but I'm 24 and take it religiously.
Also, are you stretching properly after workouts? Chances are you're not doing as much as you need to be. Earlier in my journey I was constantly dealing with sore knees/hips/back and one of my trainers told me it could be because I'm not stretching enough following workouts. Have you thought about trying a Yoga or Pilates class? I do something similar twice a week and the difference is amazing. Good luck x