Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread - 11/1/10

Old 11-01-2010, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

You gals have such great goals! My goals:

1. don't get on my husband's nerves (basically, in his world, don't talk too much)
2. VOTE on Tuesday
3. get over my cold I've just come down with
4. skip coffee and diet coke this week to try to sleep better to help with goal #3

I feel so run-down I don't think I can handle a weight-loss, calorie, or exercise goal.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. No
2. Drink 2.5 -3 of my big blue bottles of water daily.Yes
3. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily.Yes
4. Stay 200 calories under what I burn each day this week, to regroup after the past two weekends of being way over.Yes
5. Stay on my regular exercise schedule.Yes*
6. Get in at least 25 g fiber each day.Yes-29
7. Take my vitamins.Yes
I'm sort of on my exercise schedule; been under the weather today so I made my 5K a brisk walk instead of a jog, and added a mile.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:15 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

@almeeker.... thanks for starting this forum.... i thot there was nt goin 2 b one this week n had joined another one, to keep up wid the wagon... but yes, this forum s definitely gr8 n has helped me a lot ... so keep it cuming

btw , wats the challenge this week.... i luv ur challenges almeeker.... they really push us to do btr

1. eat a bowl of fruit yes
2. eat fresh veggies n bean sprouts wid regular lunch yes
3. eat dinner before 8 pm a bday s waiting for me at midnite
4. drink 2.5 lts of water yes
5. 1 hour workout yes
Old 11-01-2010, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies.

Update

1. Calories 1500-Yes 1477
2. Exercise 1 hour-Yes
3. 128 oz of water-Yes
4. Fix one new dinner for family to enjoy!!-Not yet-I am not creative especially with new foods!

Today is a busy day at work so hopefully it will keep my hands occupied to not put food in my mouth constantly!!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

Checking in:

1. 96 oz of water each day. YES
2. Stay out of the candy! YES
3. Exercise 5 days this week plus extra ab work. YES
4. No processed foods. SORT OF
5. Clean the junk out of the bedroom that hubby moved there while he started a project in another room.NO

Just can't get motivated to clean the bedroom junk. Everytime I look at it I want to take a nap!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

good job to everyone!!!

1. Eat 1200-1300 calories a day - 1287
2. Try to finish up Phase One of South Beach (so much meat in my diet aghghgh!! looking forward to meatless monday next week!) - yep, although i'm considering eating a piece of toast with lunch... i want to see if a small amount will cause my blood sugar to start that roller coaster.
3. Tie up lose ends from the recent move - got a couple things done last night
4. Run (eh, walk/run?) every night this week, try for 3mi each night - was out for 45 minutes, did about 2.5 mi.. did some speed intervals.. fun times!
5. clean my car! - um, no.... but there's always today!!

pretty good so far. i just need to push myself with the running!!!

@ canary - what brands of sugar free chocolate have maltitol? that's the same type of sugar that beer is full of, right? if there is a chocolate on the market that will give me beer belly, I must know
Old 11-02-2010, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pottersirus
btw , wats the challenge this week.... i luv ur challenges almeeker.... they really push us to do btr
Okay, but only because you asked for it... Umm let's see. Today's challenge is to clean out one small junky/messy area in your life. Could be the junk drawer, your wallet/purse, sock drawer, closet full of clothes that are waaaayy too big (sorry I'm projecting here), car, back door entrance, etc etc. Just make sure that it's something that's been bugging you for a while, and makes you sigh every time you have to look at it. Set the timer and give it 15 minutes, and see if that doesn't either get the job done, or easily lead into another 15 minutes. Can you tell I'm trying to get my clean diet habits to spill over into the rest of my life?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Today's challenge is to clean out one small junky/messy area in your life.
Erm...sick kid...does two trips missing the toilet count???

Guess it hasn't been bugging me long enough to be a legit clean-up.

Durn.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

1. don't get on my husband's nerves (basically, in his world, don't talk too much) STAYED HOME SICK TODAY SO HARDLY TALKED AT ALL
2. VOTE on Tuesday DONE!
3. get over my cold I've just come down with TOOK A 3 HR NAP TODAY
4. skip coffee and diet coke this week to try to sleep better to help with goal #3

1 day so far!
I even did a 30 min exercise video today.

It's so much easier to eat well when I'm quiet at home. For some reason, the stress and pace of work makes me just eat and eat by the clock, Pavlovian-style.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi again!

Hi, everyone. Been waaaayy busy this past weekend and didn't have time to post. Did pretty well Saturday on the food, but Sunday was a different story...again. Did try Jillian Michael's Fat Blast and Metabolism Boost this weekend, though. It was a killer!!! I really want to be able to do that someday all the way through without taking a break. That's a good goal for this next year, I guess. Decided to up my calories by a couple of hundred since I wasn't making the 1200 calorie goal and it was only depressing me. Now if I have 1250 I feel like I'm accomplishing something great instead of failing. I know it's a mindset thing, but it seems to help.
canary52, you crack me up! I like the "freezing your butt off" thing. I walk outside on my breaks at work, cold or warm. I'll have to turn around every once in a while this winter to make sure nothing has fallen off and is left behind. Good luck, everyone!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.