Community
Notices

NO STOPPING US! in NOVEMBER 100+

Old 11-28-2010, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
Try some nice chicken soup and add some garlic Boo! Even with the worst cold I can taste that.

Welcome to the thread bobbi.

OMG Zoot ( whining about cali cold LOL!) Come here ( chicago) and think about aquasize when the wind chill is -50. That's what my winter looks like.. and I hate cold! At this point I can not imagine it.. but I just paid to do it twice a week, and I dont have money to just fritter away... so if I can turn blue, so can you! lol
Feel better Boo...chicken soup with a little hot sauce helps me too.

Game gal: Thanks!

I just went to DQ and had a small hot fudge sundae...of course I found the nutrition facts posted afterwards...the darn thing was framed way up on the wall! ANYWAY, sorry I digress...OMG 610 calories!!! The regular chocolate one is only 280...luckily I scraped off most of the topping and gave it to DT...What a disappointment

Good night ladies
Old 11-28-2010, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

chicken soup with a little hot sauce helps
Chinese hot mustard is also good for sinus woes.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

thai chicken soup with lemongrass and chili ( i think it's called tom youn gai??) works wonders as well!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome newbies! I've seen a lot of people posting "oops I slipped up" posts lately and, while it happens, I wonder if the holiday mentality is slipping in -- fear of failing, over developed sense of reward (I'm rushed, broke, tired, over worked so 'I deserve it'), telling ourselves that it's okay this time because we're rushed, broke, tired, etc.

one of the things I'm trying to remind myself is that the best gift or reward or kindness I can do to myself is gain my health back!

I am so TIRED of being tired. I am so tired of the aches and pains that come with RE-GAINING weight that has been lost (I mean, it's not like I don't know what it feels like to feel good!).

I'm also tired of fighting to be thin -- I am embracing the idea that I can be "naturally slender' that I am NOT pre-programmed to be fat, that I don't have a metabolism issue, that I can learn what real hunger is, that food is not to be used as novacaine to avoid feeling pain, that my body CAN tell me what it needs if I practice learning how to HEAR it.

I'm trying to spend 30-45 mins a morning in some kind of thoughtful, positive meditation to focus on my wellness. I want this change to not be just an external war with food, but an internal re-learning of how to live with and love food and it not be an enemy because really, my body CAN tell me what it wants and needs.

And I can now focus on ME, ME, ME not "me and my marriage" and "me and my husband" and "how can I help him recover from his depression" and "how can I make this marriage work"

ANyway -- that's my rambling progress today. Just trying to keep my wits about me and continue to LOVE me first with health.

Take care pretties,
Ang
Old 11-28-2010, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, slip ups. So many times in the past, I would slip up and then figure to 'heck with it I've blown it', and then give up... until the next time I'd start anew. A couple years ago, I took a nutrition class at the college and the instructor had worked with a lot of people who had food issues. For some reason when she highlighted the differences between a lapse, a relapse, and a total collapse; well it finally stuck in my head that a lapse now and then is OK, perhaps even normal and it needn't be interpreted as a total collapse. So I slip now and then, so I get up and keep on going one step at a time.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you for all the suggestions guys. I found some instant Chinese 'Hot and Sour' soup that is low in calories and sodium, so I'll give that a shot later.
Really not wanting to leave the house today but have to take my little brother to school and then head to the gym.

So after a weekend of not-so-great food choices, and generally feeling sorry for myself I am back on the wagon today. Why is it that it's easier to eat healthier in summer? I'm still not a massive vegetable fan, and I don't want salad when the temperature outside is getting as low as -16!

I'm only a few pounds away from my Christmas goal though, and I don't wanna throw it completely out the window! In fact, I think my goal is set at 223.5, and I would love to have myself in the two-teens by the new year! I'll definitely not be able to have anymore 'cheat' days to make that a reality.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Bootcamp starts tonight and I am scared! lol I heard it is great so I am trying it for 2 weeks. It is mon and Wed for 1 hour each for the next 2 weeks. I am hoping it will be what I need and if so I will join another one that is longer next time.

I Feel weird not going to the gym today though since it has become such a routine for me. I was going to but I was warned it might not be a good idea from my sister in-law who also does these bootcamps. She is a gorgeous barbie and I have no idea why she goes to the gym, yoga, bootcamps etc.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
She is a gorgeous barbie and I have no idea why she goes to the gym, yoga, bootcamps etc.
Honey, she is a gorgeous Barbie BECAUSE SHE GOES TO THE GYM!!! And since you go to the gym all the time now too, you'll be a gorgeous Barbie in no time too, right?

Last edited by almeeker; 11-29-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

lmao ya I guess. It just doesnt seem to be doing anything for me quick enough lol
Old 11-29-2010, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

And I have decided to go to the gym and do Step class today since a double workout will do me good today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.