Community
Notices

NO STOPPING US! in NOVEMBER 100+

Old 11-02-2010, 03:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

Here to check in, a couple of days late, but that's how things go in my little world. Down 2 more pounds this week. I felt the need to step out into the kitchen Sunday morning and announce my success... but the hounds weren't impressed and no one else was up yet.

I was talking with a co-worker this week and she asked if I had cleaned out the cabinets of all the fattening foods and bought "diet food." I told her no, and then took a look at my cabinets when I got home. There are probably too many carbs around, and not enough vegetables. But there aren't any hidden stashes of candy or junk to rid myself of. There is a drawer that contains mom's afternoon snacks, but I'm not really tempted by artificial orange cheese crackers or potato chips, so I think I'm safe. I do need to do something about the ice cream in the freezer...

As for "diet food," I don't much believe in the sugar free and fat free substitutes that are supposed to be just like the real thing. I would rather use a measured, planned for portion of the real thing than a substitute. I do use fat free dressings on salad, but that's about the extent of it. I guess my theory is that I need to do this eating "normal" food like a "normal" person. I need to learn portion control and balance. (that was so easy to write... so hard to do!!!)

So the holidays will come, and I will cook and bake because that is what I do. I'll dance in the kitchen trying to burn off the nibbles and if I make it through to the new year without gaining, I'll be happy. If I manage to continue to lose, it will just be a bonus!

Have a great week!

Sharon
Old 11-03-2010, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Boo, I have a favorite quote on the Scotts, it goes like this, "How can you tell a Scottsman? Oh you can tell him alright, not that he'll listen..." Carve that in stone over the mantel, it will come in handy. The funny part is that my dad's family is 100% Irish, and my mother's family is German, so you would think I'm the stubborn one, but you'd be dead wrong. I've had that same problem with at least 2 MP3 players, sweat kills them, it kills headphones too. I go through more headphones than 6 women should. DH has joked about buying earbuds by the score, I wish he'd stop joking and just do it already!
OMG that explains a lot about my Dad! And I'm stubborn more than I'd care to admit.

I was going through headphones and sweating earbuds to pieces. I found a pair of over the ear water resistant headphones. They have no cushioning or foam over the ears to deteriorate and I hang them on the edge of my cup holder on the elliptical to air dry after a workout. I think they're sony and they are labelled up as the sports model. I've been using them for the last 6 months and they're still going strong.

CD78 my condolences on your loss, I lost my Dad a long time ago in my teens. I hope the happy memories of him help get you through this tough time.

On the Halloween front I'm happy we handed out all of the candy, although that doesn't mean I've been eating all that much better for not having it in the house.

I went for my pre-surgery physical (elective day surgery only) and got a clean bill of helath and told I will breeze right through this surgery. I'm holding my doc to it! I'm keeping up with the exercise and BP & HR are in her opionion terrific. It's nice to hear those encouraging words!

Hope everyone is doing well and wish everyone success this week!

All the Best,

Harpeg
Old 11-04-2010, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Wellllllll ... Happy B-day to me! LOL! But I blew it

One of my fav things in the world is the McDonald's McRib! And it's back!! So... since its my BD, I decided I deserved one ( ok ok! I am trying to convince myself of this!).. and actually... if I had ONLY had that, it wouldnt have been HORRIBLE nutrition-wise...

McRib Nutritional Info:
490 calories, 220 calories from fat, 25 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 1040 mb sodium, 44 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein, 11 g sugars.

But no! I HAD to also have Fries which took up all my allotted calories/fat/ carbs etc for the day. So no frosting for me today ( I dislike cake, so only eat the frosting LOL!).. but, the McRib was soooo worth it!

I will get better tomorrow. Great job to those who are stronger than me!!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal

One of my fav things in the world is the McDonald's McRib! And it's back!! So... since its my BD, I decided I deserved one ( ok ok! I am trying to convince myself of this!).. and actually... if I had ONLY had that, it wouldnt have been HORRIBLE nutrition-wise...

McRib Nutritional Info:
490 calories, 220 calories from fat, 25 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 1040 mb sodium, 44 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein, 11 g sugars.

But no! I HAD to also have Fries which took up all my allotted calories/fat/ carbs etc for the day. So no frosting for me today ( I dislike cake, so only eat the frosting LOL!).. but, the McRib was soooo worth it!

Happy Birthday!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Happy birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed your sammich. :
Old 11-04-2010, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

McRib Nutritional Info:

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear GameGal
Happy Birthday to you

Anybody got a Tums? I got heartburn just reading the nutritional info on the McRibb!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

McRib Nutritional Info:

Girl, if you ate all that and STILL stayed within your allotted calorie/fat/carb intake for the day, YOU are the strong one! My birthday was in October, and I think I had double my calorie intake for the day. Not to mention the days following when the celebration went on and on and on....

You should be very proud of yourself for finding a way to fit in something you really wanted and not just throwing it all out the window. I think that takes more willpower than anything. Well done!

In spite of my birthday backsliding, I lost a total of 4 pounds in October, so still trucking along at my slow, yet predictable rate. It was a pleasant surprise to see that the weight loss continued in spite of my extended birthday celebrations. I think what feels like "totally blowing the diet" feels worse than it actually is. When I input all of that food, there really was only one day that was truly terrible. Compared to how good I have been, it just felt so much worse than it actually was.

Speaking of going off track...I'm leaving tomorrow for an 8 day cruise! I have no thoughts of this being a weight loss week, but I plan on getting in lots of walking and hitting the salad bar often. I'm actually excited about being able to make a big salad with tons of toppings without having to do all that chopping, washing, and prepping. I'm going to eat what I want, but try to practice stopping when I am full. I'm not sure what to do about logging my food since I won't have internet access. Maybe I will just write it all down, but the thought of entering all of that food when I get back is really not appealing.

So, with all of that in mind, my big November goal is to maintain! Between a cruise and Thanksgiving, I think that is a big enough goal.

Good luck to everyone to make it through this tough time of year for dieters! I'm guessing that it is a tough time for more than just me since it has been much quieter on this thread. Hang in there everyone! You can always get back on that horse. Just don't eat the horse!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Motor On!

Hey all!
heather.72 THANKS for the heads up on the travel mug-blender. I didn't get one at WM but did find one at Zellers (Canada) for only $17 - 14oz capacity! I can hardly wait until the DH is awake and I can start my motor roaring! LOL I am planning Skim milk, protein powder and frozen raspberries, mmm, yum.

Since I was up so early I already had a breakfast. I cracked open a small can of pork & beans and ate it right out of the can. I know, it sounds gross and for breakfast - but it is a comfort food I have been craving since last night and forced myself to NOT eat it at 9pm! Feel much better now. OH, and BTW - I found out the hard way not to combine Coleslaw, Pork n Beans and WORK! LOL
I felt like I was committing intestinal hari kari and it was a good thing I didn't have to many customers as I am sure they would have seen the 'green fog' swirling around me! Plus side being, I lost 2# of ... well, let's just leave it at that.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Carrenross, you are not the only one that eats beans right out of the can for breakfast. My mother is the Queen Bean, as a kid I watched her eat beans right out of the can at any time of day, consequently I'm the same way, green toxic haze and all...
Old 11-05-2010, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by zootnarf
Girl, if you ate all that and STILL stayed within your allotted calorie/fat/carb intake for the day, YOU are the strong one! My birthday was in October, and I think I had double my calorie intake for the day. Not to mention the days following when the celebration went on and on and on....

You should be very proud of yourself for finding a way to fit in something you really wanted and not just throwing it all out the window. I think that takes more willpower than anything. Well done!

In spite of my birthday backsliding, I lost a total of 4 pounds in October, so still trucking along at my slow, yet predictable rate. It was a pleasant surprise to see that the weight loss continued in spite of my extended birthday celebrations. I think what feels like "totally blowing the diet" feels worse than it actually is. When I input all of that food, there really was only one day that was truly terrible. Compared to how good I have been, it just felt so much worse than it actually was.

Speaking of going off track...I'm leaving tomorrow for an 8 day cruise! I have no thoughts of this being a weight loss week, but I plan on getting in lots of walking and hitting the salad bar often. I'm actually excited about being able to make a big salad with tons of toppings without having to do all that chopping, washing, and prepping. I'm going to eat what I want, but try to practice stopping when I am full. I'm not sure what to do about logging my food since I won't have internet access. Maybe I will just write it all down, but the thought of entering all of that food when I get back is really not appealing.

So, with all of that in mind, my big November goal is to maintain! Between a cruise and Thanksgiving, I think that is a big enough goal.

Good luck to everyone to make it through this tough time of year for dieters! I'm guessing that it is a tough time for more than just me since it has been much quieter on this thread. Hang in there everyone! You can always get back on that horse. Just don't eat the horse!
Wellll I had planned on stopping at that for the day, I really did but since my guy and I wont be celebrating my b-day until Saturday night, he decided, without asking, to bring home a meatza meatza pizza from Domino's. And even though I "only ate 2 pieces" ( I hate cold pizza).. that added another 800 calories to the day so I realllly blew the day.
Today I am mostly back on track. I went to wallyworld and bought more Zone Bars, grocery store and bought fruit and veggies etc. So things should be better again soon.

I also looked at that smoothy thing for the oysterizer.. at wallyword.. and I put it in my cart, and thought.. how often am I REALLY going to use this?? See, several years ago, I ABSOLUTELY just HAD to have a OSTERIZER BLENDER or I would just DIE!!!! I have never used it. It alternates sitting on my counter so I can feel guilty about it, or shoved in a cupboard so I dont have to think about it. Eventually, before I got to the check out, I put it back. Maybe when I am convinced I will actually make smoothies, I will get it.
However I must say, I had never had a smoothie, so when McDonalds started having them, I got one. I am not sure what I was expecting, but it tasted like water with bitter smooshed up pieces of watery fruit in it. Since I dont know what they are supposed to taste like, I dont know if that is typical or not. And if that IS what they taste like, I won't be making any, so no need for the machine to make them.

zootnarf ~ have a wonderful cruise!! And even if you gain a few pounds back, the world wont end, you will just get back to the grindstone when you come home, but you will also have learned what you need to re-learn about eating on the road for your next trip!

THANKS ALL who wished me B-day greetings. That was very special!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.