Community
Notices

NO STOPPING US! in NOVEMBER 100+

Old 11-12-2010, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Pam I have been through this sort of thing at least twice since starting. I had one bout that started on the 4th of July, (big fat holiday picnic) which didn't end until August 1st. Then I had another bout that started Aug 14th, while we were on vacation in Florida, and that one didn't end until about mid-September. So basically most of the summer. It is hard, and you have to grab the boot straps and pull it back together or I am going to come your way and kick your jiggly, slacker, candy binging, butt myself, kick kick boot to the butt LOL. Lucky for you, I have small feet and short legs.

Honey, honestly these things happen, and the best advice I can give you is to find a new source of motivation, a new focus. One thing I've found that helps is to go out and buy something new for fitness, be it a new DVD, new weights, new shorts, just something new to jive it up for a few days and kick it back into the right direction. The other thing that works for me is to buy a piece of clothing a size too small. For me the best clothing item is jeans, because you can either zip them or not. Another item I've had success with is a new dress, preferably something very dressy and fitted and an occasion in the future when I plan to wear said dress. Christmas is coming up, so there must be some event you need to shop for eh? Maybe there's a wedding, office party, friends/fam coming in to town, etc etc.

I got my new motivational clothing accidentally. I bought a bunch of t-shirts at K-mart, they were marked $1.78, and I tossed them in the cart without trying any of them on since I already had a few at home and liked them just fine. Anyway I got home and realized that most of them were labeled "modern fit", which can be roughly translated as "tighter than a second set of skin". I also bought 5 pairs of jeans a while back, all size 8, all from the same display, in different colors, but I swear the dark tan pair is not a size 8, I'm almost certain they measure a size 4. So I'm wearing the 8's and looking at the tan pair and every now and then I put them on and measure the distance between the button and the hole. So far I have a good bit yet to lose to squeeze my saggy jiggly butt into those jeans, but I'm getting there. And before anybody freaks out about me thinking I should be able to wear a size 4, my goal is to have a BMI in the healthy range and get there in a healthy fashion. I really don't know what size I'll be at goal, but the last time I weighed 120 I wore a size 6. I swear the clothing industry really keeps us guessing don't they?

Last edited by almeeker; 11-12-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Hi!, hate to say this but must admit - I am a cookieholic. I have been known to bake my christmas cookies by the dozens, freeze them, and then eat them right out of the freezer in the middle of the night. I, after many years of trying, have an empty nest now - so I have stopped baking them. I wish I had your resolve.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:55 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry for falling off the planet again! Every time I do a full day at work I'm so exhausted afterward that I go to the gym, have a bath and tumble straight into bed without even turning on my PC.

Had a 3lb loss this week despite all that though, so I won't complain too much.
Except about my stomach though. It's a bit flatter, but is so saggy and ugly. Just don't know what to do about it?!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

Boo, I have that same issue, but it seems to be getting a little less ugly here and there. I can't decide if all the crunches are helping or I'm just getting used to the way it looks now. Saturday I gave the old fanny a burning workout, and now it hurts so bad I can hardly walk. One thing that has improved lately is that flapping skin under my arms. So long as I keep the biceps flexed it hardly flaps in the breeze at all....
Old 11-14-2010, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by heather.72
Almeeker - thanks for the suggestions! I will certainly try them. 20 lbs is not realistic now because I spent the whole stinking month of October loosing the same 4 lbs over and over again..boo hoo. I really should throw the scale out ..... but i won't lol.

Christine.... have you tried eating more calories? does it work? I am terrified of increasing my calories... but if you did it and it worked, that would be great! I am always up for eating more lol!

well, now that the last little one is in bed, off to the gym!

Thanks again for the suggestions you guys.

Heather
Yes I have tried eatting more. I have done exactly what she said and guess what......I have lost 2 pounds a week when I stick to it of course. She never told me what to eat just how much is a portion size and I have a chart with all foods catergorized. Then I have breakfast -2 grains/starches, snack -1 fruit, 1 grain/starches, 1 milk alter etc.

I was so scared to eat more to but with the amount of excerise I am doing I need it. I have been doing the samething to, I keep losing the same 4 pounds over and over again lol because of events lol. Oh well soon hopefully we will break through that barrier.

I am almost afraid to lose weight it feels, not sure what that is all about but I guess I will soon find out.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
I have messed up so badly! It's been 10 days since my b-day and I havent been able to get back on track. My brain says whoa!!! stop this chit.. my tummy is saying "I am not hungry! stop it!!", but another part of my brain is saying... I am craving something, don;t know what it is, but I HAVE to find it and wont stop til I do!! It started the 4th. I have eaten allll the bad stuff, frosting ( yes I bought myself a cake after yelling at my guy not to!!) and only ate the frosting. I had cinnamon melts from McD's ( as well as French fries), I have had pizza ( one wouldnt do it, I had to buy 2). Went and found cheap left over halloween candy and gobbled it down. Those are just examples but its been like this non-stop.

I have stopped aquasize. I have stopped Cardio rehab. I am in this huge depression and I dont know why I should be thrilled that I went to the store over the weekend and have gone from a 22/24 jean ( JMS stretch ones) to a 1X (16W) and down in top sizes and bra sizes...and it didnt mean a thing.

I dont know whats wrong. Anyone else go through this??

I looked myself in the mirror this morning and said.. if you dont stop immediately, I will have to go up to Almeekers neck of the woods and let her kick butt!!.. promptly went into the kitchen and ate the last 2 slices of pizza

I feel like I am adrift at sea and know I should be swimming to shore and just lay there floating.
You have lost 64 pounds! I would love to lose that. I have lost only 17 and I am working my a*s off here! You have to get a hold of yourself and get back to working out. Stop eatting the crap and you will feel much better. Keep remember you have lost 64 pounds and you do not want to gain it all back.

Keep your chin up it happens to us all but the key is getting back on the wagon quickly
Old 11-14-2010, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by connie5410
Hi!, hate to say this but must admit - I am a cookieholic. I have been known to bake my christmas cookies by the dozens, freeze them, and then eat them right out of the freezer in the middle of the night. I, after many years of trying, have an empty nest now - so I have stopped baking them. I wish I had your resolve.
At least you cook your cookies I eat them raw lol as I am making them
Old 11-15-2010, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
At least you cook your cookies I eat them raw lol as I am making them
Me too!!! I think I just now gained a pound thinking about it. Oy!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:17 PM
FitDay Member

Just relized that I am only 5.5 pounds away from reaching my christmas goal, not bad lol
Old 11-16-2010, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies. I hope everyone is having a good week so far!

On Sunday I was down another 2.4 lbs. I am very excited about this but since I started a little over 7 weeks ago, I haven't had any big weight loss weeks. It has been consistently 1.5-2lbs per week. (I know this is the average) But alot of people loose several pounds their first few weeks. Because of this I am wondering if maybe I should cut out most of my carbs. I also have a lot of belly fat. My waist is around 42" right now. If I do cut out more carbs what would be a healthy breakfast. Because now I am accustomed to eating thin bagels or english muffins.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.