Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 10/26/2010 >

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 10/26/2010

Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 10/26/2010

Old 10-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 10/26/2010

Morning everyone! How has your week been? Time to check it in .
Old 10-26-2010, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, Well, for what it is worth I am down half a pound today. I decided that I need to weigh in on the digital scale that always weighs me two pounds heavier than my old school scale, but at least I can see the half pounds. I am trying to do as Beth suggested and think more about health than numbers, so I cut out all the processed foods this past week (not that I was eating much of them anyway) and upped my water ALOT after almeeker threw down a challenge to me on another thread. I have been much more awake during the day and have had an easier time getting out of bed in the morning, so I guess those are positive things too.

Hope you all had a good week. I look forward to seeing how everyone else did.

Thanks again Cassie for keeping us in line.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

congrats on the 1/2 pound mambo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm really happy that you are feeling good and having more energy.

i will weigh in tonight at WW and I expect a gain..sadly. I went to philly this past weekend to visit lou's parents (way to many questions coming from his mother!). we went out to eat lots as the mom doesn't cook. it was really fun and I feel like i never completely overdid it. i always left a about half of my meal on my plate. but still, the food was heavy!

last night i ate a package of starbursts. i'd love to weigh in at 127 again but i'm doubtful. i'm just going to keep trucking and work on staying healthy, using self-control, and getting some form of exercise in every day.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

After coming really close to my goal, I fell off the wagon and was on a hiatus for about 2 months. Fortunately, I didn't gain it all back! So, I'm back and I'm also doing P90X. I just started Week 2 on Monday. Now I just need to up the protein and reduce my carbs.

Good to see everyone is doing good!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Well I didnt have a great weekend so I didn't even bother to weigh myself this morning since I knew it would be up from last week. But was able to run 6 miles last night and eat less than 1500 calories yesterday and today. So that, mixed with working out all week, should get me back on track and show positive results on the scale by the end of the week.

The good thing is I have no family parties or nights out really planned until I go to Vegas in 26 days. So I hope I can still make my goal of 140 by then! Wow my life sounds really boring...but when you work, have a one year old, and can actually have some quiet time, you will take it!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

blackrhino2 - I was in PA this weekend too...for a relative's wedding. I knew I would have a hard time staying on-track at the wedding reception so I made sure all my other meals that trip were in-line with my diet. At the wedding, I stuck to the raw veggie plate during the cocktail hour. I skipped the cake. And I danced a lot… My feet are stiiilllll achy…but it was a great time. The bride was so happy.

Funny thing is that when I ordered room service at the hotel the night before the wedding I had such an unusual order I actually got a call back from the Manager to confirm my order. First thing I said to the order-taker (and the Manager) is that I apologized for how picky I was about the food, and I thanked them for tying to get the order right. They did, and it was perfect. They didn’t give me any ‘break’ on the price, even though I was asking them to omit several components. (And I wasn’t asking for additional items.)

Breakfast buffet at the hotel was great. Plenty of options… fruit, veggies and some oatmeal and almonds… They also had lox, but the wild salmon I typically order from Alaska is so much better, that I chose to passed on the lox.

I’ve already reached my target weight, (and lost more since then) so I’ve been maintaining below my target for 7 months.

I’ve got events planned for the next 4 weekends…weddings, baptisms, engagement parties, it’ crazy! My social calendar is much more busy than normal!

Keep at it. That’s what I’m focused on for the next few weeks.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Actually, the hardest thing for me the last few weeks has been getting enough sleep. It's been so hectic. Rush, rush, rush all day... no down time. Plus, I've been dealing with some family issues. (Social Calendar is crazy too.) I feel like the night is finally MY TIME…so I stay awake waaayyyy too late. I used to take a shower before bed to help me relax, maybe I’ll try that again and see if it helps.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Seems like every week I say the same thing...still pretty much the same and still balancing the treats with trying to eat well. I've been staying on the exercise routine okay and am looking forward to a couple 5Ks at the end of Nov., beginning of Dec.

Over the weekend I had a big blurp Saturday night (Mexican restaurant ), pulled it back together marginally on Sunday, better yesterday and today. I'm stressing over not being where I was weight-wise before our Sept. vacation and would like to get back there, even though there's no real need to; I'm fine where I am, but I feel like I'm not doing as well if I don't. But cutting back those extra few calories daily is making me cranky. Hoping to go into this holiday season with health and energy and a little "wiggle room."
Old 10-27-2010, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

I missed WW last night bc I had to stay at school and work on stats. Tonight I am going to one that is super far away but I fear not going as I need to keep myself in check! I will report back, ladies!

Staminaa great job on maintaining for 7 months.

Cassie, I know what you mean about wanting to get back to your pre-vaca weight. I would feel the same way, even though it really doesn't make much sense as we both know you are thin and healthy at your current weight. Keep praising yourself for how far you've come in the weight-loss journey--don't let yourself get down about being 7 pounds under your goal vs 10 or 11 pounds under your goal weight.