Notices

New but not new

Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default New but not new

Hi everyone...I'm Tammy and I've been using FitDay for a couple years now. Well, what I should say is I use it for a few weeks religiously and then I start to slip off...and off...and off. A year ago in Sept I was 155 (not my goal weight) and then between the holidays, quitting smoking and moving in with my BF I have gained a bunch of weight. Last Monday morning I weighed in at 181

I am 41 and tired of my clothes not fitting; tired of always making bad choices where food is concerned; tired of fighting with the scale!! I attend a Fitness Bootcamp 4 mornings a week and have had nutrition counseling up the wazoo. I just want to feel good about myself.

I have set a Jan 31st goal of 160 lbs. I really want to stick with it this time...maybe getting involved with all of you will help with that. Thank you for listening!!!

See ya all around!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Tammy!

It sounds like we are in the same boat!!! I will be 48 in December and am back up to 172 pounds. I had babies late in life (36 and 40) and gained over 75 pounds with both pregnancies!!! I got down to 157 two years ago going to Weight Watchers, but like you, I started resorting to old habits and now the weight is coming back on.

I also am very good for a while and then just give up! I think when I start feeling better, I think I can ease up! When am I going to learn that it really is what all the experts say--It is a lifestyle change!!!!

I am starting again today to try to reach my goal weight of 145!!! I want to feel better and be a good role model for my 10-year old daughter who is picking up my bad habits!!!

We can do this!!!