Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 10/19/2010 >

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 10/19/2010

Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 10/19/2010

Old 10-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 10/19/2010

Hi Ladies...who has what going on this week?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Well just had my daughter's 1st birthday party on Saturday. So tried to eat healthy but failed. But barely changed anything on the scale since I worked out and am back on track. Still have my goal of losing 5 pounds by my trip to Vegas, 11/21. Since there are no parties or events that will make it practically impossible for me to stick to my healthy diet, I think I can still make it in the 5 weeks I have left!!! Hope everyone else is doing well this week.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

It has been 2 weeks since I've logged on to Fitday

My last entry I posted on this thread was I'd hoped to stay "on plan" with entering my nutrition on paper while hubby was traveling. Though I didn't eat a bunch of crap, I was not as disciplined as I'd planned because I failed to record food intake. So I was not surprised to step on the scales and see I'm still at good ole 122#. I'm not really bummed because I realize that health and fitness is a lifetime journey with ups and downs. However, one big advantage of logging food intake is staying connected to the forum. So I've missed everyone's adventures--hope you all are doing well!

I'm real excited (and a little intimidated) about having ordered the PX90 program that came in the mail yesterday. I'm still reading the instructions. They have a minimum suggested fitness level and have you do a fitness test on various exercises before beginning. Did that yesterday. I am embarrassed to say that doing jumping jacks was 2 minutes kicked my butt...dang! I usually use the elliptical for cardio and never have too much of a problem even at high intensities. Just goes to show how important it is to switch up modes of cardio training. I'll keep you posted on my new adventure.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies, Nothing going on in the weight loss dept. for me this week. I tried to replace breakfast and lunch with a protein shake for the last two weeks and not a thing happened. I was between 1200-1500 calories for the time and still no weight loss. I worked out 6 out of 7 days between 5 mile runs at the park and weight lifting this past week and still nothing. Not even any looseness in my jeans. Oh well, I keep pushing on to find something that works.

Built- Let me know how you like PX90. I have been so tempted to order it.

Hunny24-You can do it! Vegas would be a good motivator.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

Mambogirl81 - P90X is awesome. It will seriously kick your butt. so its great if you can get into it or would rather work at home than at the gym. Some of the moves are pretty tough though but it gets easier the longer you do them. Plyo is the best one IMO.

And yes, I keep thinking that I want to look hot in Vegas so an extra 5 pounds can't hurt!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Disappointed to be up 1/2 pound from last week, but with this awful cold that has me coughing my head off, I couldn't exercise much, so what did I expect? I'm starting to feel better though, and will pick up on the exercise this week. Also need to be more strict with myself on the food logging too.

Yehudit
Old 10-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Same old, same old here. Glad to see you back, Beth...do what works, girlfriend. You are brave to do P90X. Keep us posted!

Hunny, keep it up and you will be rocking Vegas! Birthday parties have a way of derailing...we were celebrating last week here, too .

mambo, I'm officially stumped. Sounds like you're doing everything right. Maybe your body just has control issues and doesn't want to give it up...but I know you will eventually show it who's boss.

Last night my hubby finally started doing a few exercises...hope he keeps it up! As for me, I'm just trying to tighten up in preparation for the holidays, because I know I will be slipping up here and there. I'm trying to get up the nerve to do a 5K on Thanksgiving...it's so intimidating!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I don't know about the Thanksgiving 5K in Atlanta, but here in Roanoke they call it the Drumstick 5K and is open to runners and walkers (or any combination one chooses). Great way to earn that pumkin pie!

Mambo, I sure do feel for you girl. I know you've been giving it your best effort for a while and sometimes I do best when I take the attitude "I want to be healthy" rather than "I want to lose weight". Obviously creating a calorie deficit is what leads to weight loss...other than going to have your thyroid hormones checked, I would suggest you exercise and eat clean to thrive rather than to lose weight for a bit. Maybe the shift in mindset will help fool your body.

Yehudit, hope you feel better soon. 1/2 # could be just a matter of water weight. Take good care of yourself.

Ann, thanks for the feedback on P90X...I was playing around with the exercises this afternoon and definitely have my work cut out for me. Change is good!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

New low weight of 145 this morning, so pretty happy about that, now if I can just maintain through the stress...

I did get to the gym before work today, just 30 minutes but hey it's 30 minutes more than I could have done. Did some yoga yesterday, will try to do a home workout tomorrow. Mom in law has her surgery tomorrow, I have mine next Tuesday. I know I'll be off the wagon for recovery so I'm trying to be extra good this week
Old 10-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to miss you, yehudit; you must have posted while I was typing. I hope you get over the crud soon; rest up and have some soup!

Lizzy, I swear, you are solid as a rock. You've had a challenging year and you are still plugging away and making progress; my hat's off to you. I hope all goes well with the surgery. Look how close you are!!!

Beth, I'll be running in MD, where we're spending the holiday. It's a Turkey Trot...here we have a Gobble Jog . Too funny. Thanksgiving is big for my family...8 different kinds of pie, so I might need to do more than just 5K . I am really starting to worry about the holidays, but I'll do my best to go into them with a firm foundation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.