FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Looking for busy buddies. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2155-looking-busy-buddies.html)

kittensniffles 10-12-2010 04:31 AM

Looking for busy buddies.

Hi Ladies,

This is a new first day for me at fit day...I've tried starting three or four times now and I get a few days in before this takes a back seat to all the other craziness in my life, so I'm hoping to get advice from some other similarly busy ladies, or maybe create a group of people like me, who let health and weight loss take a backseat too often. Maybe we can help keep each other accountable?

My story: I'm a full time graduate student working two part-time jobs to pay for school. I end up eating junk frequently simply because I short-change myself on time to make something/eat it since I've got so much going on.

So, anyone else interested in keeping each other accountable and posting tips and tricks for sticking to a diet when you're super busy?

jbercier 10-12-2010 10:48 PM

Formerly Busy Buddy - Looking to Get on Track

Hi Kittensniffles!

I can totally relate. I have been on quite the whirlwind over the last 5 years and have but myself last (I mean absolutely last). I recently moved since my husband was transferred for work and that meant a fresh start for me. No more 50 hour work-weeks and trying to juggle everything and everyone and all of their schedules and events.

I am living in a resort-town in Ontario Canada and probably know two other people around so there should be tons of time for recreation. I have decided to take the steps to lose the 50 pounds I have put on over the last few years. No more binging on sweets, no more fast food twice a day, with FitDay I am able to hold myself accountable. I have been on here for 1 week and have lost 6 pounds!

I am 6'1 and currently 231 lbs. I would love to be down to 185 (what I was before the kids).

Highest weight: 242 (holy wake up call!) :eek:
Starting weight: 237 (Oct 5th 2010)
current weight: 231 (Oct 13th 2010)
1st mini goal 227 (Oct. 31 2010) :rolleyes:
Christmas goal: 210 (would be a great present!) :)
Main Goal 185 (no date set - though I should really think of one!) :D

xarinn 10-13-2010 05:22 AM

Hey Guys

I am totally in, I have 2 small kids under 5 and my husband and I own a construction company in which I am responsible for all of the administrative duties (payroll, scheduling etc) Some days I am going to bed before I have even woken up...lol I would love tips and tricks from others who are also crazy busy and trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle!!

Andrea

heritagehunter 10-17-2010 03:07 AM

Can I play?