Notices

A New Day

Old 04-30-2010, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Smile A New Day

Hi Everyone: This is my first day on FitDay and am so excited. Spent lots of time yesterday preparing myself for this change in lifestyle. I know it will take a lot of work, but with the help of this site and the support from the forums, I know I can do this. Have 80 pounds to lose, doctor's orders! I am now pre-diabetic and have been told I can prevent getting full-blown diabetes, if I change my lifestyle. I need to lose weight and exercise. Okay, I'm off!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

You can do this! I know that you can!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard. This site is great and has helped me get a much better handle on my diet than I ever had before. So far I've lost 69 pounds, so 80 seems perfectly reasonable to me. There is a thread in the women's only corner for 100lb club. I'm not sure of your gender from your post, but you might want to check it out. 80lbs is less than 100, but we don't really sweat the actual number too much.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fitdidit
Hi Everyone: This is my first day on FitDay and am so excited. Spent lots of time yesterday preparing myself for this change in lifestyle. I know it will take a lot of work, but with the help of this site and the support from the forums, I know I can do this. Have 80 pounds to lose, doctor's orders! I am now pre-diabetic and have been told I can prevent getting full-blown diabetes, if I change my lifestyle. I need to lose weight and exercise. Okay, I'm off!
You can do it!
I was in the same boat last Feb. '09, I had pre-diabetes symtoms,high cholesterol and high BP and weighed 215lbs. I changed my diet and I followed the Mediterranean diet, joined a gym and stopped drinking-fast forward 1yr, 160lbs, NO pre-diabetes condition, "normal" BP and dropped my cholesterol well within the "healthy" range.
It's a lot of work, but it can be done and Fitday helped tremendously-
Good Luck!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

I just re-joined fitday after a 3-year hiatus this week, and I have about 60 pounds to lose. I have hooked up with the "Fabulous 100 pound Club" thread and after only a few days, I've found their enthusiasm and encouragement very inspiring!