Notices

91 Day Challenge

Old 02-25-2010, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Smile A challenge within a challenge

Hey all! I got that job I interviewed for last week. I start Monday.

So... I won't have unlimited amounts of time to get my exercise 'on' every day after that. I have a plan to get my workouts done first thing in the mornings, but I'm not used to getting up early anymore. I'll have some adjustments to make.

One thing's for sure: I AM sticking to my plans and my new lifestyle of regular weight training sessions and cardio. This feels so much better than the alternative!

I hit the weights and ran intervals at a pretty good intensity yesterday. It was tiring at the time, but it felt SO GOOD! Endorphins rock.

It's Day 38. I haven't had any rest days so far this week - I'm not sure I want one today, either. Maybe I don't need two every week. If I'm feeling good, there's no reason to force one.

53 days and 36 workouts to go, baby!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the new job, Kimmie. It might take some planning, but you can do it (exercise in early a.m.). Glad to see you're staying true to your challenge!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default Starting week 7 of 13

Hmmm... We're hitting the half-way point this week. Interesting.

It's day 42. I'm up early to walk the dog and get my step aerobics done before breakfast and my first day of my new job.

It wasn't hard getting up. I was so wound up I was having a hard time staying asleep anyway.

I felt like a bit of a slacker last week - even though I got my three weight training sessions and 4 cardio sessions in. I think because I had two rest days in a row. That, and we had some birthday and new job celebrations. Oh, and it's TTOTM. Not good food choices for someone wanting to be fit. Ah well. It's part of life.

48 days and 34 workouts to go!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:57 PM
FitDay Member

Cool Week 7 wrap up

It's day 48 and I can't believe I'm half way through the 91 days.

My first week of work was good. I got up early every day, grabbed the flashlight and walked the dog. Then I got my workouts in at the start of the day. Although I had to make a few adjustments, I didn't skip any workouts.

I feel wide awake, happy and charged for success every morning. I'm singing during the commute. Yeah, baby!

Today is cardio only. (I've done my three weight training days for the week.) I downloaded some new 150 bpm music to help my run pace on the treadmill and arranged an intervals playlist for a new workout. The list includes some Louis XIV, The Killers, MetroStation and OKGo - very upbeat stuff. I can't wait to do it!

Though it's not one of the 'goals', I've lost an average of a pound per week so far - without changing my diet. I'm looking forward to seeing how my body changes during the coming months. Though my challenge is 91 days, I plan to sustain this level of activity indefinitely - even adding on when the spring weather kicks up the temperature.

After the first 13 weeks, the plan is to tweak my diet and pare my body down to the size at which I feel most healthy. No crash diets, no elimination of food groups.... well, we'll get to all that later.

Hope you've all had a great week! See you during week 8!
43 days and 30 workouts to go!

Last edited by KimmyRocks; 03-06-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Kimmy!

Congrats on making the transition into working without dropping off on your exercise. That is a huge accomplishment! Love your new songs; sounds a lot like my current playlist for the treadmill. I find the music really carries me through...I get done with a song and think of dropping back to a slower pace or a walk and then the next song picks me right back up.

(If you get a chance, Google or search YouTube for the OkGo video that they do on treadmills...it is awesome!).

Proud for you
Old 03-13-2010, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default thanks, ceej

I know that video... it's very fun. I always wonder how long they had to practice to learn the routines.

It's Day 54. Everything's humming along nicely now. My step aerobic sessions actually feel energizing, rather than tiring. Running intervals feels so darned good that I can't wait to get through the slower parts to pick up the pace again. My weight training work is going well, too. I look forward to getting out of bed to get busy every morning. I think I'm in the groove!

Week 8 is wrapping up. Today's the last planned workout for the week, but I'm likely to do some intervals Sunday just for good measure.

Besides... we're doing a birthday celebration at our favorite Mexican restaurant this afteroon. I'll need to work off those tortilla chips that I love so much... with freshly-made salsa... yumm! It's worth every minute of extra treadmill time.

37 days and 25 workouts to go!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:43 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wow - I'm behind on updates/posts...!

I thought it was still week 9 - but now that I look at the calendar - it's definitely WEEK 10! Three more weeks of this challenge. After that, I begin focus on dropping extra pounds - and tweak the exercise, while continuing the 5 days cardio, 3 days weight training per week.

The last two weeks haven't been that fabulous, I must say. I skipped a few workouts during weeks 8 and 9. I splurged on an extra martini night or had wine with dinner on the weekends. I'm hanging in there though! AND I am a non-smoker.

The days I didn't wake early to work out didn't start as well as those where I was up and at 'em - I've learned to like early morning exercise again. Thank goodness! Cause I certainly don't get myself motivated in the evenings after work. At least not so far.

For more on the upside, running intervals feels wonderful! When I started out, I was sucking wind after the first minute of running. Intervals kicked my arse. Now - they pump me up! Woo!

Also, I can get through a 50 minute step workout with no problem. I can definitely see my fitness progress from where I started in January. Cool beans.

23 days and 16 workouts to go!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Red face

Starting my 91 day challenge today. Not sure where to start but definately doing it for myself.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default It's week 13 - already!

Not much time to post online lately. OT in the evening hours, so I have to get up to workout in the mornings. Time for coffee, workout, shower, grab a bite, brush, dress and dash.

It's hectic, but mornings are the only time I'll do it. I've tweaked some the last two weeks, but I'm still at it, so I consider everything a success.

Next week I'll weigh and measure and post my results. I'm so much better off than I was in January when I started! I'm certain my heart and lungs are healthier. And you know... everything is connected!

My thoughts are a lot better, too.

3 days: 3 workouts to go!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Looking forward to it...congrats and finish strong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.