Community
Notices

October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Old 10-15-2010, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, you need to get the book "Eat this, Not that!" it compares similar foods, gives great tips, and is just a great read/guide. In there it says that the Big Mac is sooo much better than the BK Whopper; so if anything else, you could at least tell yourself, "Well, at least I didn't get a Whopper!"

It will be okay. We all have days like that. I scarfed down half a pizza last week, and decided that it would be the last time that I choose pizza for a very long time.

But there's always tomorrow! Heck, forget that. There's always next hour!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
Hi! My name is Pam and I am a PIGGY today!!

All this week I was either sick or non motivated and didn't do much of anything ( although I DID pretty much stick close to my calories etc.) but today I got up and decided to go ahead and go to the pool and do my aquasize and swimming on my own ( as opposed to the classes I missed) . And it felt really good to do that!

~BUT~

On the way home I started wondering what I would do for lunch and dinner.
HUGE mistake when you are hungry.

I stopped at the store and bought stuff to make at home for a "big mac" wrap for lunch and tacos for dinner. ( so far so good).

As I was driving home from the store that little devil on my shoulder said.. you know, since you are soooo hungry, you could stop at McDonalds and GET a REAL Big Mac! *( and fries too!!!)...
Screeeeeeeeeeeeech!!!!!! went the brakes , and I U -turned right into McDonalds to do just that. But NO!! I rationalized that I ALWAYS used to buy a cheeseburger for both my pups for over 18 yrs ( they have now passed away) and so!! the new pup has never had that tradition!!! And since she will get 1/2 of the bun and 1 of the patties.. I need to buy 2 so I can have a whole sandwhich for dinner.

So I get home, already feeling guilty... and proceed to blow all the swimming calories by eating BOTH the Mac and the Double cheeseburger AND fries.

So now I have had more than my days worth of calories, fat, carbs ( and just under for protien) and will have to be hungry all night. I knew better! I really did <sigh> Tomorrow is a new day!
Pam,
That is exactly right, tomorrow is a new day! And you still have the rest of today to do some more exercise or plan some healthy meals for the week, etc.

You are not alone. I am sure all of us have had times when we did exactly the same thing or something close. I use to go grocery shopping and then to McDonalds on the way home because its the only time I actually would see the McD's (its in the same parking lot). And when you are tired, the thought of going home and cooking is often more than we can take. One thing I've did recently to help myself was go through the grocery store salad bar and make me a salad for dinner, so that when I left the store I went home and ate that because it was already prepared and I knew it wouldnt taste very good if I saved it until tomorrow. A thought for you and the dogs might be to feed the dogs first, and then sit down and eat your meal.

You have done a great job losing 60 pounds! Kudos!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nru1286
But there's always tomorrow! Heck, forget that. There's always next hour!
Aint that the truth! Changing my bad eating habits sometimes seems like one minute at a time. lol. We can do it.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

2.5lbs off this week. Probably would've done a little better, but I was called into work twice for extra shifts which always make my exercise/dietary plans go awry! At least I'll have a some extra cash next week though.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies, I've been medium this week. Calories as always, were a struggle for me, but most days I kept it relatively under control, drank all my water, exercise was not the greatest this week. I let myself have Monday off from the workout. I was super tired, our youngest got me up around 2:00am, blah blah blah, didn't have it in me to exercise come 4:45am. I usually take Friday's off from the workout, and although I should have gotten up and worked out to make up for Monday, alas I did not. This morning I did get in a solid workout, had to rush it a bit because oldest DD had an away soccer game at 10:00am, BIDIA. But rushing a bit is waaaayyyy better than skipping. I'm a tiny bit over calories for the morning, but I'm working out the fine points of a low cal lunch to make up for it. I'm down 1.1 pounds for the week, it's not much but I'll take it. Good luck everyone, and keep on keeping on.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Dinner!

I am so super excited about dinner tonight, mainly because I'm making it!

I got the idea from The Biggest Loser...the recipes were on their website, and I just tweaked it a bit. Turkey and Vegetable Chili inside an acorn squash! I just have to figure out the nutrition info on it all, and divide it, and then I'm good to go!

Yesterday was a bad calorie day...I ate less than 1,000. I swear, I ate all day long, and then some, and it just didn't add up. I don't know what's wrong with me! Hopefully today will be better.

Seems that my walk yesterday really paid off....I'm back down the .9 pound that I gained back. Hopefully it will be a steadier decline. We'll see!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Chili in a squash boat? Uh? I'll have to give that one a whack. My mom has always put meatloaf in acorn or buttercup squash. I really like it that way, but I suppose it's one of those regional things. It's also fairly good in a butternut squash, but I honestly love the flavor of butternut squash, so I don't like to monkey it up with meatloaf juice. I have made chili with pureed butternut squash, in lieu of tomatoes, and that was actually really good.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, it was great! The squash was succulent (once you got past the burnt skin ) but the chili was even better. I found the recipe on nbc.com's website under The Biggest Loser recipes by Curtis Stone. I altered it a bit, but it was wonderful nonetheless. And, let me tell you, if you haven't already invested in a Vidalia Onion Chopper, get on that pronto! It is God's gift to the Cook.

I also just invested in some greek yogurt today. It's fat free plain yogurt by Fage, and was pretty good. Very rich and creamy, definitely will hold me over for a while. I added 2 small sliced strawberries, and it was really good.

Hope y'all are well today. Mucho Ovations over here to you guys!
Old 10-17-2010, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Here I am... shocked into action by the fact that the scale tells me I've reached the 250 mark... and I have a pretty friendly scale, so it is most likely a little more than that in the real world.

I've always been overweight, slightly less overweight a few times in my life, but it always comes back. I need to fix this as it feels like my skin isn't quite big enough anymore and most of my clothes aren't either.

If I was to look for excuses I would say that taking over the care of my mother, who has severe dementia, has been a huge contributing factor to the last 20 pounds gained. I didn't want the job, but no one else will take it, so here I am trying to juggle a full-time job and a mortgage along with someone who can't be left alone for more than ten minutes. I have always been a "stress eater." There isn't much in the world that can't be cured with chocolate and coca cola and lord knows I've been trying!

Anyway, I'm tired of my knees hurting and wheezing when I walk a flight of stairs and having just slightly more flexibility than a steel rod. Hoping to get on track with the eating and to find some way to get some exercise again. I don't have enough hours in the day for a gym, but I'll find something I can do at home.

At the moment I'm searching for some sort of a planner that will help me map out menus for a week or so at a time. One of the first things I need to put an end to is the grab and go, eat on the run stuff and a bad dunkin donuts habit. If anyone has a program or format that they use, I'd be interested to see. I suppose I could make something up in excel, but that is too much like work!

Thanks for letting me in!

Sharon
Old 10-17-2010, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Sharon, and good for you for taking the initiative to join us here at FitDay, and on the forums!

The 100+ Ladies are a great group of women -- supporting eachother through the highs & lows of adopting healthier habits.

I too used to be one of those 'grab & go' diners, seeking convenience over nutrition and feeling frustrated when I couldn't 'indulge'.

But, something changed in my mind this year. All of a sudden I felt confident that I could lose weight and keep it off. I didn't feel rushed to lose, or pressure to be too restrictive... and guess what? The pounds are melting off!

Since August 1st when I recommitted to my good health, I've dropped just over 20 lbs.; my hubby has too!

All we are doing is measuring portions, increasing our exercise, drinking more water and fewer fattening beverages (sodas/alcohol/shakes, etc.), and logging our activities/food intake with the tools here.

Take advantage of these free tools -- they are a wonderful guide to show you where you are doing well, or perhaps faltering. Be honest with yourself and input everything. If it goes in your mouth, log it. The effort to do that will make a world of difference.

And share your progress, thoughts, funnies, etc. here!

Glad to have you with us.

Hello to everyone else, I hope you're having a great weekend! We are at the mid-point of the month... are you holding fast to your personal goals for October?

We are pre-holiday season, all the more reason to nail down our good habits before facing the extra temptations during the winter months. WE CAN DO IT!

Hugs & Well Wishes for your success!
Smoosh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.