Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
New Member - Looking to get healthy >

New Member - Looking to get healthy

Community
Notices

New Member - Looking to get healthy

Old 09-30-2010, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Member - Looking to get healthy

Hi, I'm new here. Been trying to get healthy for a while, but now more than ever, since I just lost my brother to Diabetes. We all knew it could happen, but still took us by surprise. He was a lot heavier than me, but still, I've been reading a lot and now realize in how much danger I am at my current weight (236 lbs./5' 5"). So I am desperate to get in shape, because I have no intention of leaving this world anytime soon.

I would love to make new friends and perhaps we can serve as inspiration to each other, so please feel free to contact me.

Good luck to all,
Enid
Old 09-30-2010, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Enidlu. First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom this year myself and know how deep grief can cut.

But I am glad you are here. I invite you to join the 100+ to lose club with me (Sweet and sassy in september is the current thread title). I don't have quite a 100 pounds to go, but I have since my start on the weight loss journey, so they will welcome you no matter what you decide is your goal. They are so supportive and REALLY smart and savvy women.

Check it out and again, many hugs. Good for you for recognizing the need to love yourself enough to "be a loser"!

Ang
Old 09-30-2010, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome. Hugs for you.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! I second the recommendation for the 100+ club... the ladies there are awesome! The October thread is Ovations October or something like that.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Me too...come on over to October Ovations Enid!

Carren