Notices

Hello, New here

Old 09-22-2010, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hello, New here

Hello ,

Just joined and hoping that getting support will help me stay on track. Little about me: 40 years old, 136-137lbs currently. Ideally would like to get back down to 115 lbs ( I'm 5'2''). Getting discouraged so I walked into a vitamin shop determined to buy "diet pills"--on many occasions I have been tempted to--except I actually have a philosophical problem with that so I always manage to not buy them. I leave each time with the new resolve to exercise more, eat better...blah, blah, blah. So I managed yesterday to not buy them because of course I know true success will come from being active, burning more calories and it's important to me that my 14 year old daughter see that being healthy and active is important for overall health, not just looks. So, hopefully I can hit my target weight by my 18th wedding anniversary that will be NEXT year in November.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! I've been a member for a number of years, but have been inactive for some time. I'm just getting started again to lose weight that I gained in graduate school. Stats are: 35 years old, 5'4, and 150lbs; when I started school 3 years ago, I was about 137lbs, so at minimum my goal is to get back to that weight. It'd be great to get down into the low 120s, but I'll have to reassess as I go. My goal right now is 123lbs by the start of next February. I used Fitday when I lost weight about 5 years ago and it was helpful.

I think your goal sounds healthy and reasonable, and I think it's a great idea to be a role model for healthy eating and exercising for your daughter! It'd be lovely to use the forum to support each other. One thing that might be fun is to do challenges; I've seen them on other sites, but haven't yet looked around for them on this site. People do all sorts of things--steps/day; lbs/week; or minutes of exercise/week, etc. Another option is to do a weekly weigh-in and report.

Anyway, I think our goals are fairly compatible and I've never tried using the forums before, so I'm excited to try this.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

I think reporting quick updates on activities done and perhaps a weigh in would be a good motivator for me. For instance, today I was going to go on my walk but I kind of just let myself get distracted for no particular reason...if I know I will report on my activity, that might just be the thing to push me out for the exercise when the laziness starts creeping in.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

I like the idea of reporting on planned/achieved activities for a bit of accountability. Today is going to be tough to get to the gym because I have family in town. I've got a foot injury so I need to use the ellipse or stationary bike, which means I have to get there to get a workout in. Also, I took 2 days off from food journaling and saw a slight gain over those 2 days. Back at it today.
Goals: get to the gym for 45min of cardio, journal my food, drink 8 glasses of water, and eat some fruits/veggies with every meal today.
You?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, it's nice to meet you. I am 407 lbs, 45, and so far, doing well on y sixth day of this lifestyle change. I am new also.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Muffintopped , nice to meet you. You will find a great bunch of ladies to help and encourage you in the thread for 100 + lbs... this month the title of it 'Sweet and Sassy in September'.

It's a wonderful group of women who have similar goals, some further along than others and we are supportive, encouraging, motivating and just plain nice. We are a good group to be accountable to, get tips from and just be here. Hope to see you there!

You might also check out the thread 14 weeks til Christmas, a lot of us from 100+ are also there. The goal is to lose 30 lbs by Christmas.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome etlosenow!

Hi etlosenow!

I am 1 week in so I am a newbie too. I can absolutely relate to your story about diet pills. I have been there and also wasted time waffling about which commercial program to try "just to get me started". I didn't spend the money mainly because, as you described, I KNOW what to do. I KNOW that I need to eat less (and better) and move more and do it consistently not sporatically. While I have journaled with success in the past this week in Fitday I really could see where my calories were being allocated. I had no idea that I ate that much fat per day. The tools really help me be objective. I hope that you find great support here.

msmona
Old 09-25-2010, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Default "calories eaten and calories burned"

Hello my name is Mike, Just signed up today I'm 24 and about 224 lbs hoping to lose about 30 lbs in the next three months giving myself a goal to lose 10 lbs a month I was browsing the site and had a question about "calories eaten and calories burned". So far I have only had 856 calories today but that's before dinner and I'm supposed to intake 3,000 calories ? why so many calories ? I really don't eat much, but I'm still fat. Going to start running 20 minutes a day and light work out. I guess I just need help understanding why you have to eat so much calories to lose weight. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 09-25-2010, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

This is a great forum, all around. Everyone is so friendly. Thankyou for the ideas. I will look at the Christmas forum.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

@muffintopped

BEST LOGIN NAME EVER!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.