Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
14 Weeks 'Til Christmas - 30 Pounds Anyone? >

14 Weeks 'Til Christmas - 30 Pounds Anyone?

Community
Notices

14 Weeks 'Til Christmas - 30 Pounds Anyone?

Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by xarinn
Hey guys

Great news!! I now fit into my size 11 jeans!!! I have this thing that I do for motivation, I buy one pair of jeans a size smaller then what I am wearing right now and once a week I try them on to see how close they are to fitting. It gives me additional motivation because just because the scale isn't always moving doesn't mean that your body is not changing shape. So today when I went to try on my size 11's they fit, I mean they slide on perfectly no jumping or wiggling or anything!! I guess I am off to buy a pair of size 9's now!!

This was just the extra boost I needed this morning, it is rainy and overall crappy here and I was feeling lazy, not anymore!!
Way to go! You'll be in those 9's in no time!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weigh In

Wednesdays are my weigh in days because I started on a Wednesday. Results this week.....Down 5.5 pounds!I can't believe it! Thats way more than I anticipated. Hope I can keep it up!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AmySmiles28
Wednesdays are my weigh in days because I started on a Wednesday. Results this week.....Down 5.5 pounds!I can't believe it! Thats way more than I anticipated. Hope I can keep it up!
Way to go Amy! Congrats! Excellent work! This is something we can do but only with great examples around us.

I keep picturing myself in those smaller clothes tucked away at the back of my closet on Christmas morning and it's helping me to get my brain to co-operate. Ladies any other fool-the-brain mental tricks on achieving this goal?
Old 09-22-2010, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I do this too!!! Right now I'm wearing a few pairs of 10's and some 8's, I also have a couple of pair of size 11 Juniors that fit too, so next time I'm out shopping I'm going to pick up some 6's and maybe a pair of 9 Juniors, we'll see the Junior sizes don't really have quite enough fanny for a woman my age.
I would never fit into a junior size, at 5'11" I am lucky to fit into regular woman's jeans length wise it is great motivation though!!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by xarinn
I would never fit into a junior size, at 5'11" I am lucky to fit into regular woman's jeans length wise it is great motivation though!!!!
You might be surprised by the jr. sizes, I certainly was. Think about it, jr sized teenage girls are all at or nearly at their adult height, I've seen both longs and petites in the piles. The cuts tend to be long and leggy with less fanny than women's sizes, and the styles are sometimes a little iffy for a woman my age, but there are some good finds too. The only reason I bothered to shop the jr sizes is because we have a 9 year old DD that is difficult to fit and sometimes the jr. sizes work out for her. And low & behold, they sometimes work out for me too!!! Who knew?

Last edited by almeeker; 09-22-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Awww come on almeeker.. asre you trying to tell us that those jeans with slits and rips in 'unmentionable' places are not for us women???

I am heartbroken that I wont be able to look forward to those for my 56th b-day lol lol Or how about those cut to land microscopicly close to pubic hairs?? And we thought guys showing butt cracks was bad!!

Im off to aquasize.. have a good one ladies!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

jmaemme - Thanks for the encouragement..... I know it took some time to put the weight on (over 2 years - we struggled getting pregnant, than a miscarriage and finally a pregnacy).

harrpegcanuck - CONGRATS on the 5.5lbs. That is awesome!

I am currently down 5lbs from my starting weight (I weigh on Wednesdays - since that is when I started).

My plan to lose the 2.5 pounds a week for the next 14 weeks is:
1. Calorie count/restrict calories to 1000-1200 calories a day.
2. Shoot to do cardio for at least 30 minutes 6 times a week - to start - than add some resistance training.
3. Keep my body guessing but changing up the work out routines... I am trying to stick to P90X diet and exercise (but not being super strick with either - until I hit the platuea than it's go time with the strict regime).
4. Drinking a gallon of water a day.
5. Having one down day so that I don't get burned out and stay motivated.
6. Allowing my self some slack on the diet - if I cheat once - it's ok as long as I get back on track.... We are all human and we can't be too strict or it wont be worth it and we will give up - at least that is my experience anyways....

So glad to see/hear everyone being so motivated! Awesome work ladies - keep it up!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
Awww come on almeeker.. asre you trying to tell us that those jeans with slits and rips in 'unmentionable' places are not for us women???

I am heartbroken that I wont be able to look forward to those for my 56th b-day lol lol Or how about those cut to land microscopicly close to pubic hairs?? And we thought guys showing butt cracks was bad!!

Im off to aquasize.. have a good one ladies!
Yes, that is exactly what I'm trying to say. You know some people can wear that stuff and it's "them", but even when I can squeeze my saggy butt into some of it, I look in the mirror and think to myself "this is not a good "look" on anyone, let alone a woman with some self respect". I have issues with paying top dollar for clothing that someone else ripped, or stained on purpose. Good grief I can handle that myself, without even trying.

And another thing, I grew up on a farm, and we used to special order bootcut jeans from the catalogs (they weren't "in-style" so you couldn't find them in the stores). The bootcuts were to wear when we wore our cowboy boots (you really do need the extra room), and we only wore our cowboy boots when we rode horses or mucked out stalls. So to me the "bootcut + flipflop" look is just very odd. Also bootcut jeans are supposed to be longer than your regular pants, because cowboy boots typically have 1 1/2" heels on them, they are not supposed to be long so they drag on the ground til they shred. If I have offended any fashionistas, my apologies.

I don't do microscopic shorts either. Well okay I have that one pair I bought not realizing just how short they were, but I only wear them at home to work out in, with the drapes a closed.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-23-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

THis group is great. SO motivating. Count me IN!!

GOAL WEIGHT– 155
Maintenance weight – 155-60
CURRENT WEIGHT – 222.2
CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE WEIGHT – 192.2
5’10, current size 18/16, goal size 10-12 tops & dresses, 8-10 skirts and pants (I’m built like a boy so my shoulders will never be an eight, but I got as low as a 6 in a few items on the bottom)
REWARDS:
FIRST GIFT FOR 5 lbs down: New RED Microwave (Mine died and I’d spend $39 now on a cheap one, but I really want the $69 red one so I’m making it an incentive! I don’t micro much – but it is convenient when I make and freeze crock pot meals not to have to reheat them on stove or in oven)
2nd GIFT FOR 10 lbs. down: Food Processor
3rd GIFT FOR 15 lbs down: Red Electric Teakettle
4th GIFT FOR 20 lbs down: 3-5 new clothing Items OR, if some “old-new” clothes fit again, then a new fantastic KNIFE to start a set
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
GOALS:
TODAY'S CALS: 1400-1500 total
TODAY'S EXERCISE: 45-60 mins strength training/cross training
TODAY'S WATER: 100 oz.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

I also belong to a Friday bunch where the original poster started a list and we all post our weekly weight and overall loss. It's so helpful to look at that every week, even the weeks I don't lose so that I can see I'm still making progress in the overall grand scheme of things. So to help us along I made a list of everyone that's joined so far, their starting weight if they've posted one and total lost toward the 30 pound Christmas goal in parenthesis. If this seems confusing look at the listing for AmySmiles28, she's posted a starting weight 175, her weight for week 2 was 169.5 with a total loss of 5.5 lbs. Whoo hoo, go AmySmiles! Feel free to copy and paste, or quote and edit, to post your progress. If you don't want to post your weight, just post the amount you lost or gained and keep a tally.

jmaemme, 176.5
almeeker, 156.5
xarinn, 186
changeisgood29, 223.4
harpecanuck, 252
AmySmiles28, 175, 169.5 (-5.5)
traceymc1985, 170
GameGal, 239
carrenross, 233
[email protected], 222
christineval, 233.5
lindaybarnett, 246
jammiepants, 284
emy62509, 177
Lotus, 195
07thatgirl, 172
flojo773,
weightlossBoo, 253.5
butterlfy135, 187
flutrbug, (-5)
brandismom, 222.2
thursdayandben, 181
lcseidl, 187

I apologize if I've made any errors, I have dyslexia, so numbers + accuracy is an elusive concept in my life.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-23-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: adding people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.