Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
14 Weeks 'Til Christmas - 30 Pounds Anyone? >

14 Weeks 'Til Christmas - 30 Pounds Anyone?

Community

14 Weeks 'Til Christmas - 30 Pounds Anyone?

Old 09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default 14 weeks to make my 2010 resolution a reality

Where did the year go? I don't want to start 2011 in the same place, at the same weight as a year ago. I'm in for the challenge!

Current Weight: 195
Goal Weight by Christmas: 165
Old 09-21-2010, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

What are you going to do to meet the goal of 30lbs. gone by Christmas?[/QUOTE]

Such inspiration! To walk the talk:
*Tracking tracking tracking!- counting calories, eating healthy and portion control
*Exercise- to the gym and walking 4 in 60 (4 miles/ hour) for cardio and weight training at least 4x week
*Drink- at least 8 glasses of water daily

Start September 172 lbs.
Christmas Goal 142 lbs.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Yes, new to fitday today but I'm in!

I can't think of a better Christmas present. I will weigh in tomorrow and post. Wednesdays will be my weigh in day. Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:01 PM
FitDay Member

In order to reach my Christmas goal I will;
Do between 30-60 minutes cardio 5x a week.
Do 5+ fitness/strength training classes a week.
Do 15 minutes weights at home 5x a week.
Walk a 5K twice a week.

And I will continue to;
Control my portions and record my food intake.
Avoid simple carbs/empty calories.
Eats lots of good quality protein.
Drink 3 litres of water per day.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 PM
FitDay Member

What i will do to reach goal:

1. Attend every meeting at weightwatchers!
2. Track all the food i eat everyday and stay within the daily points.
3. Try really hard to exercise more
4. Stay focused at times when its harder to stay on track-parties and weekends
5. Increase my water intake

I am also going to prepare meals for the rest of the family in a healthy way so that we can all enjoy eating the same thing. I want to set a good example to my children so that they dont pick up the bad habits that i did when i was growing up.

6. Increase physical activity with the kids more- bike rides, football in the park etc
7. I will try and sleep more on a night so i will have more energy the next day to be motivated to do exercise.
8. Watch my portion control!!

I will stay positive-me too excited about the changes!!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
What i will do to reach goal:

1. Attend every meeting at weightwatchers!
2. Track all the food i eat everyday and stay within the daily points.
3. Try really hard to exercise more
4. Stay focused at times when its harder to stay on track-parties and weekends
5. Increase my water intake

I am also going to prepare meals for the rest of the family in a healthy way so that we can all enjoy eating the same thing. I want to set a good example to my children so that they dont pick up the bad habits that i did when i was growing up.

6. Increase physical activity with the kids more- bike rides, football in the park etc
7. I will try and sleep more on a night so i will have more energy the next day to be motivated to do exercise.
8. Watch my portion control!!

I will stay positive-me too excited about the changes!!
Awesome way to set the bar higher for the rest of us.

DH and I have 3 girls, and since I've started doing this I've been trying to feed us all the same dinner, and it's taken several pounds off our oldest and she's not had to diet at all.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Good start for the day

I walked for 35 minutes this morning before work! Shooting to do the same or longer tomorrow...
Old 09-22-2010, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Red face

Hey guys

Great news!! I now fit into my size 11 jeans!!! I have this thing that I do for motivation, I buy one pair of jeans a size smaller then what I am wearing right now and once a week I try them on to see how close they are to fitting. It gives me additional motivation because just because the scale isn't always moving doesn't mean that your body is not changing shape. So today when I went to try on my size 11's they fit, I mean they slide on perfectly no jumping or wiggling or anything!! I guess I am off to buy a pair of size 9's now!!

This was just the extra boost I needed this morning, it is rainy and overall crappy here and I was feeling lazy, not anymore!!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Yes, I am going to do this!

I will plan on walking at least 2.5 miles everyday (before coffee!)
Weights 2x week
Bike or elliptical 2x week
Starting weight: 187
Goal weight @ Christmas 2010: 157
Ultimate goal weight by 4/1/2011: 135

Thanks for the motivation
Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by xarinn
Hey guys

Great news!! I now fit into my size 11 jeans!!! I have this thing that I do for motivation, I buy one pair of jeans a size smaller then what I am wearing right now and once a week I try them on to see how close they are to fitting. It gives me additional motivation because just because the scale isn't always moving doesn't mean that your body is not changing shape. So today when I went to try on my size 11's they fit, I mean they slide on perfectly no jumping or wiggling or anything!! I guess I am off to buy a pair of size 9's now!!

This was just the extra boost I needed this morning, it is rainy and overall crappy here and I was feeling lazy, not anymore!!
I do this too!!! Right now I'm wearing a few pairs of 10's and some 8's, I also have a couple of pair of size 11 Juniors that fit too, so next time I'm out shopping I'm going to pick up some 6's and maybe a pair of 9 Juniors, we'll see the Junior sizes don't really have quite enough fanny for a woman my age.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.