Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-21-2010, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

fOUND THE CHRISTMAS GOAL. When is it until Dec 24?
Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

How do I like bookmark this group so I do not have to look for it all the time and the christmas goal one?
Old 09-21-2010, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Early Christmas Present

Already nervous about my Christmas Goal. Mentally I know it is do-able, but emotionally - it gives me the shakes.

Update: YA HOO! I finally found the elusive Greek Yogurt in Canada...God love Quebec! Liberte makes the GY in Vanilla and Plain. Found in my local Sobeys - top shelf at the back - best before Christmas present to me! I would like to say that YOU ALL ARE RIGHT - it is the best, creamiest, satisfying yogurt (mixed with frozen blueberries) that I have ever had and LOTS of protein per serving (20g).

Water: I drank 24oz/3c BEFORE my morning coffee. I really didn't want the coffee - habit, then had the yogurt and now my mouth is doing a happy dance. Time for another 24oz of water.

Thanks for all your information and support ladies. Looking forward to seeing you on the 30# Christmas Thread too!

Pondering some Christmas/fight songs....

Last edited by carrenross; 09-21-2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: spelling!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

I think once you post in a topic, it is marked and when you go to the User CP button on top and click on it, they come up? At least mine do and I am not sure but I don't think I did anything to make them 'suscribed'? But if so, then I am sure there is an option in that list to mark it. LOL1 sorry I am so vague, I am not awake yet
Old 09-21-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Been a little under the weather -- but feeling better this morning .

As for Greek Yogurt, I tried some recently, and found the consistency more like cream cheese than yogurt. It was very thick, and quite rich. I might eat it occasionally, but don't think I could indulge every day.

Hope you all are having a great week thus far. Best wishes for achieving your long & short term goals! WE CAN DO IT!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
How do I like bookmark this group so I do not have to look for it all the time and the christmas goal one?

Christineval, while viewing the thread I was interested in I clicked on the blue bar across the top of the screen on Threads and on the drop down menu clicked on Subscribe and then I think I had to confirm the subscription. Sorry but it is from memory, hope it works.

Ladies I have to say it... Thank you for the kick in the butt! Although the most gentle I think I've ever received The scale finally moved for me this morning. I've upped my water from the 8 glasses to between 12 to 15 and pushed myself on the workout front. I needed to be reminded exercise at times can make me a bit sore but it's good for me. Thank you so much!

I'm excited about weighing in on Thursday, and updating my signature.

Hugs to all,
Old 09-21-2010, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

h-canuck, great job on increasing your water intake. Pretty soon you'll be sucking it down and not even noticing. I saw this personal trainer on a hulu cast that says that if you don't feel your muscles burning during your workout, then you aren't pushing yourself hard enough. I try to say that to myself everyday, it works for the most part, but I'm still sort of a pansy other days. What is it that Jillian Michaels says "that pain is FEAR leaving the body". Fear of what though?

cristineval, As for subscribing, I don't bother with that, I just go to "Quick Links" in the blue bar and pick "Today's Posts", and it comes right up because there is always a new post, same with the Christmas group. I suppose you could also search "Christmas" and find it. I'm so glad you figured out how to get past your plateau. DH and I celebrated our 13th anniversary earlier this month and I weighed 15 lbs less than I did when we met, but he's not complaining in the least...

smoosh, glad to hear your feeling better, being sick is the worst. What brand of Greek yogurt did you try? The ones I've tried were more like sour cream, but I would be hot to try one that tastes like cream cheese. We now use it instead of sour cream for baked potatoes, tacos, chip dip, veggie dip, etc etc. DH won't touch regular yogurt anymore, says it tastes like water to him. If the taste was the problem, drizzle something sweet into it, like low-sugar jam, calorie free sweetener, maple syrup or honey into it. It gets a whole lot more like cheese cake with a bit of sweet added to it.

carren, glad you found some Greek yogurt, you seem to be addicted already... I love it with frozen blueberries too, sometimes I even throw it in the blender with a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a handful of blueberries and make myself a dish of faux ice cream, so yummy. Too bad I don't have any yogurt in the fridge or I would be all over that idea right now.

laura, glad to hear you're on the mend. I've been going to PT for a busted up shoulder, but there are days I feel like you can just pick a part, any part, for me to work on because they all hurt. Usually that's from the weather and not from working out, well the weather and the old age...
Old 09-22-2010, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
I think once you post in a topic, it is marked and when you go to the User CP button on top and click on it, they come up? At least mine do and I am not sure but I don't think I did anything to make them 'suscribed'? But if so, then I am sure there is an option in that list to mark it. LOL1 sorry I am so vague, I am not awake yet
np thanks lol
Old 09-22-2010, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up What goes in, must come out.

First full day of water intake yesterday had me slurping down 3 litres (12c) and I am impressed. I was concerned about possible kidney issues (being diabetic) so contacted the local dietician/diabetes education center. Her take was the same as almeeker - baseline at 64oz and from there SHE was uncertain re: weight, age, blood glucose levels and so on. She finally said to me "If your peeing clear - your good!" TMI even for me, sheesh!
Carren
Old 09-22-2010, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

I don't remember the brand of Greek Yogurt that my hubby purchased, but I will ask him to buy it again. It definitely had a thicker texture than sour cream and was very 'heavy/rich' in taste. Adding some low calorie sweetener or fruit may be worth a try. I could see it easily being a cheesecake substitute.

Quote of the Day:

“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” ~ Gail Devers, 3x Olympic Champion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.