Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-13-2010, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow Whoops it's Monday!

Forgot to do my weekly weigh-in yesterday. I did not loose weight this past week but did lose inches - so that was GREAT!
I like losing inches and not losing weight because that means I am gaining muscle (which weighs more than fat) YIPPEE!!!!

I had the day off and walked for 2 hours. I now know that I go brain dead at 90 minutes. I stopped at a fast food place & felt guilty (just using bathroom) so bought a garden salad and diet soda. I kept wondering why I was not able to get a diet rootbeer when I realized I was at the WRONG venue for that! I finished my walk and did over 5 miles - a personal best for me. The crazy thing is after a 30 minutes rest (laying on bed) I was ready to go for another walk! Is that normal?

I was out for a walk this morning (6:30-7am) in the dark and since no one was up to see me - I jogged once or twice between lampposts. It was interesting to do - for the first time ever - and felt good after. I jog like an elephant - thump, thump thump. LOL I like the feeling accomplishment.

Have a great day ladies. Carren

Last edited by carrenross; 09-13-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carrenross
Forgot to do my weekly weigh-in yesterday. I did not loose weight this past week but did lose inches - so that was GREAT! I like losing inches and not losing weight because that means I am gaining muscle (which weighs more than fat) YIPPEE!!!!

I had the day off and walked for 2 hours. I now know that I go brain dead at 90 minutes without food. I stopped (to pee) at a local fast food place. I felt guilty (just using bathroom) so bought a garden salad and diet soda. I kept wondering why I was not able to get a diet rootbeer when I realized I was at the WRONG venue for that! I finished my walk and did over 5 miles - a personal best for me. The crazy (to me) thing was after a 30 minutes rest (laying on bed) I was ready to go for another walk! Is that normal?

I was out for a walk this morning (6:30-7am) in the dark and since no one was up to see me - I jogged once or twice between lampposts. I really think I am losing my mind! It was interesting to do - for the first time ever - and felt good after. I jog like an elephant - thump, thump thump; but I did like the feeling accomplishment.

Have a great day ladies. Carren
ROFLMAO, thump thump thump, here we go. I'm sooooo going to think that the next time I'm running! Sitting here very very proud of you this morning. Have you considered doing C25K? I'm doing something like C25K, but more on my own pace. And yes, that feeling of wanting to get up and move again after workout is very normal (especially with running, it's called a "runners high"). I actually use exercise like some people use coffee. Although I will admit to using the coffee as well...
Old 09-13-2010, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I once read this article about why humans tend to overeat. The theory of the author was that our ancestors were hunter/gatherers, which are both seasonal, and that in order to survive long enough to make the next kill or growing season they had to eat as much as possible when food was plentiful. All I'm saying is that I would have been a rockin' hot cavewoman, cause I can eat like a hollow dog.

Well I gotta go, as of right this minute I've put that workout off for too long.
This post had me laughing. Haha.. :]
Old 09-13-2010, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hey gals! How is everyone doing this fine Monday morning? =)

I am happy to report another pound destroyed, so I am just 1 more away from my mini-goal of 245#s! Woo! Not sure if it will happen by Wednesday, but I'm positive it won't be far off.

I also took my measurements today and have dropped anywhere from .25" - 2" on my biceps, forearm, waist, thighs and calves. It's still so strange to me that certain areas of the body lose inches while others don't. I would think they'd all lose incrementally at the same time... but the body is a curious thing.

So, what are you plans to 'shake it up' this week?

For me, I'm going to try upping my free weights. I've been using the 2 lb. handhelds for over a month and feel I'm ready to increase that. I also want to let myself have a little 'dance party' once a week where I can just turn on some lively music and prance about, no routine, just fun fun fun! XD

Grats to all of us for continuing on with this sweet & sassy journey!
Old 09-13-2010, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Alright smoosh, I'll see your 2lb hand weights and I'll raise you a new something something. I'm going up to Kmart right now for some other stuff and I'm going to look over the fitness stuff and get me something new. I'm having trouble breaking through this plateau and I've decided I need to increase the intensity of my workouts, somehow or another... The big problem is that calorie burn is based on your weight and the same workout that used to burn 875 calories is only burning like 602. It doesn't seem the least bit fair does it?

Last edited by almeeker; 09-13-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hola, lovely ladies, and congrats to all for lost inches and pounds, and for just keepin' on in general.
For those of you who have similar stats as I do (I'm at 223 and 5'4), or remember what you were eating when you did, I'm wondering if you'd be so kind as to tell me about many calories you eat daily. For me, the scale hasn't moved in over a week, so it seems like plateau time. Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not eating enough. So, I'm curious to see what you successful ladies have been doing. I have a hard time hitting even 1200 net calories (never thought I'd say that). This week, I'm going to work out longer and zig-zag and up my calories (as much as that kind of freaks me out), but was wondering where y'all are at. Your input, as always, is so appreciated.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

changeisgood, I spent the first several months on this journey anywhere between 1,200-1,600 calories and lost steadily for several months. Then I plateaued and decided that I needed to up my protein intake, calories weren't the problem, the trouble was too many carbs and not enough protein to benefit from all that working out. So I changed my coffee creamer to skim milk and protein powder. I changed my breakfast cereal to a tuna melt or egg salad sandwich, my afternoon pudding cup to Greek yogurt and added an extra serving of protein in my salad at lunch. I shoot for a pie that's 40 carbs, 40 protein, 20 fats. It helped and now I'm getting so I actually looked ripped in a few places (but only from the knees down and the armpits up - sigh).
Old 09-13-2010, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ditto

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
Hola, lovely ladies, and congrats to all for lost inches and pounds, and for just keepin' on in general.
For those of you who have similar stats as I do (I'm at 223 and 5'4), or remember what you were eating when you did, I'm wondering if you'd be so kind as to tell me about many calories you eat daily. For me, the scale hasn't moved in over a week, so it seems like plateau time. Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not eating enough. So, I'm curious to see what you successful ladies have been doing. I have a hard time hitting even 1200 net calories (never thought I'd say that). This week, I'm going to work out longer and zig-zag and up my calories (as much as that kind of freaks me out), but was wondering where y'all are at. Your input, as always, is so appreciated.
I am at exactly the same spot as you! (223 and 5'4) and I too have a hard time getting enough calories - I've only been getting between 900-1100. I'd be interested in others responses as to what we should do...
Old 09-13-2010, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

I was having a hard time getting 1200 also. But I was losing excrutiatingly slow. So I literally zig zag with my calories... 900 - 1200 one day, 1300 - 1400 the next.. and I seem to be flying through the weight this week, without adding anymore exercise to the mix. I think in some ways.. we are alike in that we are all hitting or will hit plateau's, however I think ( other than the basic 'food in = gain/loss') we are all different in how the weight is coming off. For some, its changing up the exercise, for others its upping calories, and for still others, its upping protein or lowering fat. So I am not sure there is one answer fits all.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Ah, good advice already, thank you so much.
Almeeker - I've upped my protein, inspired in no small part by you, and that helped move things along, but it's still a battle to even get it to 30% - maybe it's time to give protein powder a go. And I'm sure you'll be looking ripped everywhere by the time you reach your goal!
GameGal - Agreed, there's definitely no general approach for all people (otherwise there would just be one approach to weight loss, eh? ), but it's helpful to hear what other people have done. I like the idea of zig-zagging calories, like you, and am hopeful it'll help kick somethin' in gear.
Will keep y'all posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.