Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-01-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

My kids were watching Madagascar the other day and in King Juliann's version of I like to Move It Move It, he says "Move it nice and sweet and sassy", and I just totally cracked up. I do believe that overexposure to childrens' entertainment is gently eroding my brain. Okay, maybe it's not been all that gentle...
Old 09-01-2010, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

I do believe that overexposure to childrens' entertainment is gently eroding my brain. Okay, maybe it's not been all that gentle...
LMAO!!! I know people who go around singing the "i love you, you love me" song from that purple whatever it is!! They have not only eroded but slipped right around the bend! LOL!

I kinda like your title better for the month... If I had gotten out of bed early enough I was going to make Svelt in September.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Ha, I love the new title, brain erosion be darned.

Just sayin' hello and welcome back to the ladies who recently came back from vacation. I haven't been posting too too much lately, but I'm movin and groovin. I recently upped the intensity of my workouts and my calves are not happy with me... Haha, here's hoping they learn.

Have a good rest of the week, y'all.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Ladies!
i usually don't post here, but i was worried where almeeker was! so, i'm so glad you're back Amy and hope you had a nice and relaxing vacation! don't stress over a few pounds gain at all, weight gain and loss is our game now, we got time and we will work on it and get it where exactly we want it to be!

Good luck everyone!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Red face

so no one in particular starts the 100+ threads? thats kool well, back to work tomorrow.. more challenges yet to come.. i can go on base and get to the gym for free but id have to bring my baby.. so i am just gonna buy a membership at the ymca here.. they have childcare for 2 hours a day.. i plan on doing water aerobics, running, walking, and some fitness classes.. i also wanted to do p90x, but i hear i wont lose the weight ill probably gain it.. what do you guys think? im so tired of being big. being overweight and stressing over it has made me look WAY older than just 24..
Old 09-01-2010, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Almeeker for kicking off our September thread! You are really on the ball lady!

Sweet & Sassy huh? I like to 'move it move it' too! What a great song to shake your booty to around the house -- LOL.

@Susan8 - I'm so glad I was able to offer you some encouragement during that difficult week. Keep on truckin' girl -- glad to hear you went to the Y with your daughter and just remember, take it one day at a time!

@Boo - WOOT! So proud of you for fitting into that smaller clothing. And no muffin top?! *hehe* YAY! That rocks! Feel good and accomplished hon... great job!

@CD - *hugs you gingerly* (You said you were feelin' tender in the other thread, so don't wanna hurt ya, LOL) Hang in there sweetie! Look how different your lifestyle is now and all the super things you're doing for yourself. If you stay on that track, the goal weight will be here before you know it. Go buddy go!

As for me, I need to step my exercising back up a bit. I've gotten slack with this odd little heat wave we're having. I just don't even want to move. But I know I will return to the treadmill and weights. When? How about tomorrow?! LOL

I'll keep you all posted!

Best always,
Smoosh
Old 09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by slomoho1
so no one in particular starts the 100+ threads? thats kool
Actually they used to be started every month by pattialbert, but I haven't seen a post from her in a while.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
LMAO!!! I know people who go around singing the "i love you, you love me" song from that purple whatever it is!! They have not only eroded but slipped right around the bend! LOL!

I kinda like your title better for the month... If I had gotten out of bed early enough I was going to make Svelt in September.
Oooohhh I like that "Svelt in September". I wanna be svelt!!!! Instead here in MI we're sweltering. It's been so hot and humid that just about every day I get a whiff of something really smelly and think "ewww, what is that?". And then I realize that it's ME !!!

Oh and on brain erosion, I knew it was happening from the very beginning of having to listen to children's music, because I would get that "I'm losing my mind" feeling when it was on. It's gotten easier to listen to over the years because I've learned the words to most of it, so I sing along. But what really hammered home the notion that I had lost my mind was to realize that not only did I know all the words, but now I'll get in the mood for a certain CD and then go straight to my favorite songs. So far I don't have any kids songs on my MP3 player, but it's a near thing.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh
Thanks Almeeker for kicking off our September thread! You are really on the ball lady!

Sweet & Sassy huh? I like to 'move it move it' too! What a great song to shake your booty to around the house -- LOL.
Actually I'm not on the ball, I need to get one though, my Physical Therapist wants me to use one to rehab this shoulder.

Sorry for all the posts, I should have done an MQ, but I'm not really all that awake today. Mmmm, need more coffee.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker those exercise balls are so much fun. I try to use mine for a chair substitute at the computer every chance I get at home. Exercise without feeling like you're working. Still working on the office to let me bring one in to use during the day.

Despite the overindulgence on Sunday hosting a brunch for family I am down 0.5 this week. Tomorrow is measurement day, I finally remebered to take them last week to benchmark against. I didn't exercise as much as I'd like this week but i did get in 3 sessions on the elliptical, 2 in weight loss heart rate range (HRR) (30 minutes and 45 minutes) and one just going as a good clip in the aerobic level (45 minutes).

Goal this week: 5 sessions on the elliptical 4 in weight loss HRR and 1 in aerobic/muscle building.

Suggestions for the optimal elliptical mix of workouts are welcome. The elliptical we picked up has a 30 minute resistance training circuit designed to help build muscle and confuse the muscles.

Have a wonderful week ladies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.