5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 8/31

Old 08-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 8/31

Where did August go???

How is everyone doing this week?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Cassie and All - I haven't posted here in a while but I’ve continued to track my calories with Fit Day, and I‘ve been maintaining (and losing a little more). Looks like I have room for additional calories. So…this week is my husbands’ birthday, and I’ve decided to bake his favorite desserts. I’ve promised myself I can have one of each cookie / cupcake I plan to make!…but not more than one a day. I’ll see how the calories work-out.

In general, I can’t get over how much more ‘light on my feet’ I feel since losing the weight. Its energizing. Fit Day is great because it has provided me with very consistent weight loss. [It must be accurate.] A lot of recent health reports affirm the benefit of food tracking. What’s even better thought, is that with all this information stored in Fit Day, it feels like the results are ‘replicatable‘...weight loss itself isn’t a mystery nor is it luck.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Current Weight: 113 lbs
Goal Maintained: 4 months
Old 08-31-2010, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

i know my son starts school in two days. we had so much rain this summer that i feel i didn't have a summer ~sigh~ i'm doing well. starting to get up early to do my weights. weight is 148.4 so i'm down just over a lb from last week. so that's good.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

This week has been a whirlwind of busy-ness--thus, no activity on this or any forum. My weight this morning was down a pound, though I'll check my measurements later to confirm I'm not gaining (yup, I can lose scale weight and still remain or gain in size if I'm making poor food choices or not lifting weights). Hubby's bd was yesterday and there was plenty of celebrating over the weekend so I'm glad we don't weigh in on Sundays! The plan this week is to be more diligent about tracking.

Stamatiaa-great job with your maintenance! I agree, it's not rocket science and even though the advertisements say there's a secret, there's really no secret and there aren't any shortcuts.

Hope everyone has had a good week and keeps on keeping on
Old 08-31-2010, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Built - Happy Birthday to your Hubby! You celebrated his birthday over an entire weekend and still managed to lose weight...congradulations on that!
I couldn't agree with you more about there being no secret and no shortcuts. It takes time...and probably more time to lose it than it took to gain it.

staceyalberta - Congradulations on your sussessful week!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

stamatiaa - Congratulations on your weight loss and your maintenence! It's so inspiring to see that it CAN be done! Your plan for adding a few extra calories and reasonably enjoying the treats you're baking sounds like a good one. Keep up the great work!

Stacey - Congrats on the 1 lb weight loss!!! And you're getting up early to work out? You rock! Thanks for inspiring me. =)

Built - I have to agree with stamatiaa, I'm seriously impressed that you were able to celebrate and still be down a pound. That's awesome! Hopefully your measurements are what you want them to be. Best of luck with being more diligent with food tracking this week.

Cassie - How's your week going?

As for me, I gained 5 lbs during August due to vacation, injuries, illness, and just making poor decisions. This week, I lost 1 of those pounds, so I'm headed in the right direction again! Once I lose those 5 lbs that I re-gained, I'll have about 8-13 more to lose to get to my goal of 115-120.

The best news is that I went to the gym on Saturday, Monday, and today for a few awesome workouts. I was working out 6-7 days per week from March to July, so it feels really good to be getting back into my usual habit!

Have a great day, ladies!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

'Grats to one and all on what sounds like a successful week! Even if not, it's all part of the journey and we learn from it all.

I feel like I finally rebounded from being sick (and also from flopping on the couch eating not-the-best-for-me foods). It's good to know that what got the pounds off in the first place still works when slip-ups happen.

I think I've also gotten past that fatigue of earlier in the month. I'm still not sure what it was, but I had begun taking a vitamin, a calcium supplement, and glucosamine chondroitin all at the same time, and I stopped them. Gradually my energy came back; now I need to figure out which one might have been the culprit. Anybody have any experience with something like that?
Old 08-31-2010, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

fletch ~ i am getting up early to get my weights in. my cardio takes care of itself is how i put it as i walk to work at least 4 days a week. however the getting up early is a habit i'm trying to get BACK into & i'm happy to say that it's coming along
Old 08-31-2010, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey, I'm with you on getting workouts in first thing in the morning. That way nothing gets in the way. My second best option is to plan the exact time I will work out the night before (being an anal type, it bugs me if I don't do it).

Cassie, I've never heard of vitamins, calcium or chrondrotin supplements causing fatigue but that doesn't mean anything. As we keep reading and posting, each of us is different. Glad you're feeling more energetic. You probably already plan to do this, but if you do decide to re-introduce them, I'd do it one at a time for a couple of weeks to see how your body reacts.

Fletch, congrats on the pound. Sometimes we minimize small losses but when I picture how much space a pound of butter takes up, it really is a big deal.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie - Glad to hear that you're feeling better and seem to be in good spirits! Not sure about the whole fatigue thing...hope you're able to figure it out, though!

Stacey - That's awesome! Keep up the good work. For a while my alarm was going off at 4:45 am so that I could be at the gym by 5:15 and get my exercise in before work. I feel your pain! Isn't it nice to have so much accomplished so early, though?

Beth - Thanks for the encouragement. =) I have to admit I'm currently picturing myself with a pound of butter taped to my hip and it's making me laugh... =)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.