Notices

Cookies

Old 08-30-2010, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Cookies

There are cookies in the break room. Why must there be cookies in the break room?
Old 08-30-2010, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

This made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that. =)

In situations like that, I always think I have two (healthy) options:

1. Eat a half or one whole cookie, record it in my food log, and enjoy every bite of it. Ease up on carbs and fats for the rest of the day and perhaps hit the gym for a few extra minutes.
2. Stay far, far away from the cookies. Have a different healthy snack instead, drink plenty of water, chew gum, and don't even think about going near the cookies.

Ultimately, you have the power and the choice, not the cookies! =)
Old 08-30-2010, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fletch8502
This made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that. =)

In situations like that, I always think I have two (healthy) options:

1. Eat a half or one whole cookie, record it in my food log, and enjoy every bite of it. Ease up on carbs and fats for the rest of the day and perhaps hit the gym for a few extra minutes.
2. Stay far, far away from the cookies. Have a different healthy snack instead, drink plenty of water, chew gum, and don't even think about going near the cookies.

Ultimately, you have the power and the choice, not the cookies! =)
Heh. I made it cookie free. I ended up chewing gum and just trying to forget about them. I eventually did, but every time I passed the break room they sort of beckoned to me. I gave them the mental middle finger each time and went about my business.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

On Sunday I was faced with a similar situation. I opted to just have cookies for dinner.....

Very low moment for me....but ohh so yummy!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Foodjunkiegirl
I gave them the mental middle finger each time and went about my business.
I love the idea of giving foods the mental middle finger! Or perhaps even the physical mental finger when appropriate (ie, not at work). I just might have to steal your idea. Thanks for making me laugh again!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

LOL, that's a good one .

Sometimes when I grocery shop and things call my name, I say "shut up." Sometimes I say it out loud without thinking. People probably think I'm talking to the voices in my head...

Congrats on resisting temptation!!