Notices

I couldn't believe it!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default I couldn't believe it!

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site as well. I have about 60 more pounds to lose to reach my goal of 145.

I couldn't believe how big I had gotten until I saw a recent photo of myself with my niece who was visiting. I was so embarrased I wouldn't even post it on Facebook

Since then (two weeks ago), I have commited myself to becoming healthier once and for all. I have been eating healthy and have begun walking on the treadmill in the mornings at least 4 times a week for 30 minutes at a quick pace. I have already lost 10 pounds and feel so much better. I tried to excercise in the evenings but found that if I just wake up 30 minutes earlier - it is so much easier for me to fit it into my schedule (plus I don't have time to make excuses not to excercise).

I'm glad I found this site and look forward to discussing our issues and cheering everyone on!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not sure why we don't realize how big we have gotten until we see pics but I too never realized I was as big as I was. I would watch biggest loser and see people at my weight and smaller and think, wow, I weigh more than that and don't look like that. What a dummy I was! Just see myself in a pic and then would say...wow, the camera must add way more than 10 lbs! various problems with my hips and reflux and gave those every other excuse in the book...But now that I have lost a decent amount the hips feel 1000 times better and the reflux issues gone. I have finally realized that NO the camera does NOT put all that weight on, it is really there and I really did look that bad...NO those people on biggest loser did NOT look bigger than me, I looked bigger than them!

In the very short time I have been here on FD it has become such an important part of my life and helping me to keep on track and see what I am doing. I plan to be here for the long haul and stay long after I am at goal because I have finally realized that it is a lifelong journey.

WELCOME and I look forward to seeing you hit your goal!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default You're right - the camera doesn't lie!

Hello Kim,
Thanks for the welcome. I know it is funny how I would do the same as you - thinking I wasn't as big as I am I too suffered from heartburn but for the past couple of weeks it has been almost non-exsistent.

I have completely cut out all white starch and replaced with whole grains and have switched from regular dairy to fat free products. I think this has helped me eliminate my heartburn issues

I was so happy to find this site and after reading several posts from fellow weight challenged people - I see that I'm not alone in this!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Keep posting................we all need encouragement.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:16 PM
FitDay Member

I didn't realize that I have got so much weight till my mother call me fatty, then I looked myself at the mirror and I thougt It's true I am fat, I have to loose weight.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hold your head high bde proud. To call someone fatty is awful.......we are all beautiful in God's eye!

Keep posting - lose weigh for yourself and only yourself.
Happy Day. Hugs.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, lybilly!

It's great that you got a wake-up call and found this site. I hope you find it helpful!

Congrats on losing 10 lbs in 2 weeks...that's amazing! Keep up the good work and don't get frustrated if those numbers start to slow down. Losing 1-2 lbs per week is great, as long as the number keeps going in the right direction. =)

Best of luck!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Fletch8502,

Thanks for the encouragement. I realize that the 10lbs came off rather quickly probably due to the drastic change in eating habits and excercise. I will be very happy with a 1 to 2lb a week weight loss. Sometimes I think people can get discouraged too quickly - but I think of it this way - It took me several years to pack on these pounds and it will take time to get rid of them! I'm just glad I have had the wake-up call to get myself going on this

Thanks again for the encouragement - I look forward to joining everyone on their weight-loss journey!