FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   I couldn't believe it! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1832-i-couldnt-believe.html)

lybilly 08-24-2010 06:57 AM

I couldn't believe it!

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site as well. I have about 60 more pounds to lose to reach my goal of 145.

I couldn't believe how big I had gotten until I saw a recent photo of myself with my niece who was visiting. I was so embarrased I wouldn't even post it on Facebook:eek:

Since then (two weeks ago), I have commited myself to becoming healthier once and for all. I have been eating healthy and have begun walking on the treadmill in the mornings at least 4 times a week for 30 minutes at a quick pace. I have already lost 10 pounds and feel so much better. I tried to excercise in the evenings but found that if I just wake up 30 minutes earlier - it is so much easier for me to fit it into my schedule (plus I don't have time to make excuses not to excercise).

I'm glad I found this site and look forward to discussing our issues and cheering everyone on!:)

KimmNoble 08-24-2010 07:14 AM

I'm not sure why we don't realize how big we have gotten until we see pics but I too never realized I was as big as I was. I would watch biggest loser and see people at my weight and smaller and think, wow, I weigh more than that and don't look like that. :rolleyes: What a dummy I was! :eek: Just see myself in a pic and then would say...wow, the camera must add way more than 10 lbs! :D various problems with my hips and reflux and gave those every other excuse in the book...But now that I have lost a decent amount the hips feel 1000 times better and the reflux issues gone. I have finally realized that NO the camera does NOT put all that weight on, it is really there and I really did look that bad...NO those people on biggest loser did NOT look bigger than me, I looked bigger than them!

In the very short time I have been here on FD it has become such an important part of my life and helping me to keep on track and see what I am doing. I plan to be here for the long haul and stay long after I am at goal because I have finally realized that it is a lifelong journey.

WELCOME and I look forward to seeing you hit your goal! :)

lybilly 08-24-2010 07:43 AM

You're right - the camera doesn't lie!

Hello Kim,
Thanks for the welcome. I know it is funny how I would do the same as you - thinking I wasn't as big as I am:( I too suffered from heartburn but for the past couple of weeks it has been almost non-exsistent.

I have completely cut out all white starch and replaced with whole grains and have switched from regular dairy to fat free products. I think this has helped me eliminate my heartburn issues:)

I was so happy to find this site and after reading several posts from fellow weight challenged people - I see that I'm not alone in this!

me2forever 08-24-2010 10:24 AM

Keep posting................we all need encouragement.

passer 08-24-2010 08:16 PM

I didn't realize that I have got so much weight till my mother call me fatty, then I looked myself at the mirror and I thougt It's true I am fat, I have to loose weight.

me2forever 08-25-2010 05:23 AM

Hold your head high bde proud. To call someone fatty is awful.......we are all beautiful in God's eye!

Keep posting - lose weigh for yourself and only yourself.
Happy Day. Hugs.

fletch8502 08-25-2010 05:56 AM

Welcome, lybilly!

It's great that you got a wake-up call and found this site. I hope you find it helpful!

Congrats on losing 10 lbs in 2 weeks...that's amazing! Keep up the good work and don't get frustrated if those numbers start to slow down. Losing 1-2 lbs per week is great, as long as the number keeps going in the right direction. =)

Best of luck!

lybilly 08-25-2010 06:25 AM

Hello Fletch8502,

Thanks for the encouragement. I realize that the 10lbs came off rather quickly probably due to the drastic change in eating habits and excercise. I will be very happy with a 1 to 2lb a week weight loss. Sometimes I think people can get discouraged too quickly - but I think of it this way - It took me several years to pack on these pounds and it will take time to get rid of them! I'm just glad I have had the wake-up call to get myself going on this:)

Thanks again for the encouragement - I look forward to joining everyone on their weight-loss journey!