Notices

Feeling very weak! Why?

Old 08-11-2010, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Feeling very weak! Why?

Has anyone else felt this way, weak and shaky? I tried to take my blood pressure but I keep getting an error message. I guess I will have to get a new one. I felt very tried,weak, and shaky just after my morning breakfast, while doing the dishes. I had egg whites with onion,tomatoes, and hot pepper. I have same breakfast every morning....so I don't think it could be that.
Anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-11-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

I am diabetic and I get that way when my blood sugar drops. Usually drinking some juice will help me stabalize. Hope you feel better soon. If it persists, contact your physician.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Default Yes!!!

I have been struggling with this very same thing over the past week or so. I haven't changed eating, workouts, or sleep, but it feels like a huge effort to even put one foot in front of the other or to pick something up. Definitely a difference from my previous energy level.

Right now I am chalking it up to the heat but you have a good idea; I should go take my blood pressure. If it's still going on next week, I will see the doc and see if maybe my iron is low. I'm not sleepy, just have no energy in my muscles. It's puzzling.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hmmm that is puzzling, hope you feel better and find out the reason.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

I've also had that problem for the past couple of weeks, but it went away a couple of days ago. I assumed I had some sort of bug that zapped my energy. It started out feeling like allergies (scratchy throat, runny nose). I would get light headed standing up to get out of bed. I was exhausted by 3 pm every day.

I hope it's just a bug! I hope you're better soon!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone for you concern and input. I think I have figured it out now. I finally got my blood pressure taken. It was low; 97 over 76. My doctor just put me on blood pressure pills in the last month or so. He did say though that when I lose some weight it will change my blood pressure. He said, for me when I get to around 180 I may not need the pills any more. When I saw him a month or so ago I was at 197; and now I'm at 188. So ladies if you are feeling weak and very tired and light headed...it may be time to get checked out by your doctor. I maybe making myself an appointment too.