Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check in for 8/10/10

Old 08-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check in for 8/10/10

Hope you all had a great weekend! What do you have this Tuesday?
Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

I broke into a new "decade", as I like to call it: the 120's! I haven't been here in almost 3 years, so that feels awesome.

I went to my nephew's birthday party Sat. where they had lots of junk food. I stuck to a plain hotdog & a little sausage, and a small piece of the cake (no ice cream) and just drank water while most people were drinking beer.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on reaching the 120s Jespar! Definitely not easy going to festivities where there are lots of junky & tempting food choices...good job keeping it to a minimum.

Well, I missed last week's check in. Work has been slow so I decided to work on some gingerbread creations (like houses and such) that I enjoy constructing but usually never have time to devote. Wrong season, I know. Good thing that doesn't occur too frequently as I was tempted by the "decorative details". It showed on the scale this morning (up 2#), but I've gotten rid of the excess remnants and plan to give away my "art". Need to start building creative food structures with healthy veggies I'm ready to recommit to feeding my body what it needs to thrive!

Cassie, I have been MIA so I never found out how your vacation went. Hope it was relaxing and fun!

Hope everyone has a great week ahead.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Great job on resisting temptation, Jespar30; glad it paid off for you. You're almost there!!

Beth...how creative! I know I would never have the patience (or the willpower) for that! What a great gift for someone . Looking forward to some veggie and fruit sculptures soon!

Vacation was a lot of fun, and relaxing in the way vacations are...no work, but busy going here and there and doing this and that. I've posted other places how the first part was great and the second half was a disaster. I came home with about 5 extra pounds just from five days at the beach, but half of that is gone already and I'll just have to be patient and work on the other half. Natural consequences and all that.

Well, this week I'm trying to get past, as my mom would say, feeling like a dish rag. Even though I have been back on plan for over a week, I literally have no energy, even for normal stuff, let alone exercising! I don't know if it's the heat or something else. Just walking into another room is an effort, which is a big change from how I felt previously. I can't figure it out; I'm not cutting calories too low; sleep hasn't changed (much, though school did start), and I'm eating the way I did before vacation. Weird!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Just getting started

Hi All,
As I noted in another post I am just getting started on the last 10 lbs after losing 35 earlier this year. Started Sunday at 136lbs and shooting for 126ish. Today we are down a pound. Always love the first week - easy success, then the hard part kicks in.

I'll keep ya posted...

Pam
Old 08-10-2010, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

You can do it, Runbikeski! 35# is a GREAT accomplishment!

Cassie, sorry your energy's been running low. Hormones? A little more whole grains maybe? I know the heat has been ridiculous here in Va, and I imagine Atlanta is worse. If you do decide to exercise, I would take it at a lower intensity during cooler hours if you're outdoors 'till you're feeling better. Hopefully this will pass quickly. Take care of yourself
Old 08-10-2010, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, Just checking in to say that I am still not weighing myself, and I can tell nothing has changed in the way my clothes fit, so saying I am discouraged is an understatement.
Sorry for the downer post. It's just not a good day.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Mambo...

TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER

Take care of yourself and be good to yourself in ways other than chocolate .

You can do it. I know you can! Maybe not today or tomorrow, but you will get past it.

Thanks for bein' here.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not weighing this week, either.
Last week was great, followed by a too busy (i.e. not healthy) weekend. Back at it this week, low calories so far and some exercise. Forgot that it is easy to start a weightloss plan, and hard to follow through!
Relying a little much on tea and diet coke to avoid eating, would like to get back on water this week.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,
I haven't been on here in what feels like forever, but really it has just been 9 days. I don't know how much weight I've gained but I know I have gained weight judging by my clothes. I am a bit peeved at my binging habits but I feel like I can manage this as I have managed it in the past and just start eating clean again. I know this is just how life goes, and I will always have to keep my habits in check.

Mambo, sorry you are having a hard time...I feel your pain! Cassie, great job on losing so much of the vacation gain. You are doing fantastically. I hope your energy comes back. Have you tried eating dates? They have lots of natural glucose in them for some energy.

Built, those gingerbread houses sound like fun. If you make one out of veggies please take photos and share!!

Ok, I'm off to catch up on posts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.