Notices

Hey! Newbie Here

Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hey! Newbie Here

Hey All,
I'm new here! I was just browsing the web and came across this lovely site . Well, I'm here because I'm really trying to lose weight. I loss weight a couple of years ago and kept it off for a while....but...it's back now . I've been trying to keep it off but it's EXTREMELY hard to stay consistent. I lose some and then back off track again

Does anybody wanna be a weight loss buddy with me? Maybe, I need some encouragement to help me with this. I will be encouraging as well.

P.S
What are your healthy meal plans on a daily basis? (Ex. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack) Please share. Im in need of help! Thanks
Old 07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hello and welcome! You've found a great site...tracking what you eat is a great way to stay consistent. These forums are also a wonderful source for support!

I'm always up for new weight loss buddies! What are some of your goals? How much weight would you like to lose?

As for healthy meal plans, I usually eat 6 small meals throughout the day, but others do best with three meals and a snack. Overall, focus on lots of complex carbs (whole grains, fruits, vegetables), lean proteins, and healthy fats. Try to limit the amount of empty calories you eat, such as white bread, sugar, soda, etc.

Best of luck!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi Fletch,
Thanks for the welcome and thank you for your reply!

I would like to lose at least 40 pounds. I want to lose at least 2 pounds every week because I hear that is a healthy amount to lose every week. I would like to learn how to eat more healthy and eat nutrients that my body needs everyday. I'm still in the learning process of eating healthy. I don't know if I will really have the time to eat 6 meals a day due to working. Thank you for the tips. I will definitely use them. We should definitely be weight loss buddies! I think it would be cool!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

You're welcome!

2 lbs per week is a great goal to have. Some weeks (especially at first and especially if you work out) it may be more than that, but some weeks it will be less, so an average of 2lbs per week is smart!

To eat healthy and eat nutrients your body needs, I've always liked the advice to stick to the perimeters of grocery store when shopping. That's where you typically find the fruits, vegetables, proteins, dairy products, etc. The aisles are where you find the processed foods that aren't as good for you (cookies, macaroni and cheese, sugar cereals, etc.).

How's it going so far? Do you have any questions or have you had any challenges yet?

I'm having a great day...I've eaten lots of fruits and vegetables and gotten in 45 minutes of cardio already. My struggles tend to be in the afternoon, when I want to snack and eat sweets and all of that! Trying to avoid sweets and snacks again this afternoon.

Have a great day!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all,
I'm just getting started again on my weight loss. I like using Fitday....I think it's really a big help. If anyone wants to be a weight loss friend...I could really use one.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Fletch8502...you are doing so good on your weight loss. I just read what you last wrote here, and it really did inspire me to stick to my diet plan. I wish I would have started sooner. Seeing what you have lost in that amount of time gives me hope, because you have just proved it.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies, welcome aboard!!! Always good to have a new voice here. A 2lb loss this week would be a blessing. I've been at this since 12/26/09, but have been sliding more and more the last month or so. But last night (after I had a bout of midnight munchies that I caved in to) I vowed to "rededicate" myself to this journey and today I have been a model dieter. So count me in as a buddy I could use a few myself.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crazycat0221
Fletch8502...you are doing so good on your weight loss. I just read what you last wrote here, and it really did inspire me to stick to my diet plan. I wish I would have started sooner. Seeing what you have lost in that amount of time gives me hope, because you have just proved it.
Aw, thank you so much!!!!! I'm so glad I can inspire you and give you hope. Weight loss and a healthy lifestyle is possible - you just have to set your mind to it!

almeeker - Slip ups are bound to happen a time or two, especially when you've been at it as long as you have been! The good thing is that you didn't let that slip up turn into a bad day today or a bad week...you stopped it in its tracks and now you're back on track! You go, girl! =)
Old 07-30-2010, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hey ALL!

@Fletch,
I am planning on starting on Monday. This weekend I am going to the grocery store to buy healthy foods. In the past I tried nutrisystem but it's pricey and I can't buy that every month. I definitely can say I lost while doing it. But, I want to start buying my own food and learning how to make my own healthy meals. I think I need to learn how to portion my meals. I don't wanna eat too much but at the same time I want don't want to still be hungry. I wanna be satisfied. I think my weakness is potato chips...I can eat a big bag on my own..oh my how I love them! Lol!!! I've recently became a big lover of sweet potato fries. They are yummy! lol ...I think I just need to learn how to portion everything. What are healthy fats?

@crazycat0221 and almeeker
Hey! Thanks for the the warm welcome! We all can be weight loss buddies! We can do this!!! Woohoo!!! How much are you guys planning on losing?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by TimeToShedPounds
Hey ALL!

@Fletch,
I am planning on starting on Monday. This weekend I am going to the grocery store to buy healthy foods. In the past I tried nutrisystem but it's pricey and I can't buy that every month. I definitely can say I lost while doing it. But, I want to start buying my own food and learning how to make my own healthy meals. I think I need to learn how to portion my meals. I don't wanna eat too much but at the same time I want don't want to still be hungry. I wanna be satisfied. I think my weakness is potato chips...I can eat a big bag on my own..oh my how I love them! Lol!!! I've recently became a big lover of sweet potato fries. They are yummy! lol ...I think I just need to learn how to portion everything. What are healthy fats?

@crazycat0221 and almeeker
Hey! Thanks for the the warm welcome! We all can be weight loss buddies! We can do this!!! Woohoo!!! How much are you guys planning on losing?
I need to lose another 25-35 pounds, goal weigh and all that is in my signature, I'm also quite quite short at just under 5'-2". I love love love potatoes too, sweet, russet, white, red, chipped, deep fried, baked, boiled, mashed - you name it, I LOVE them all. You might think they would be my biggest weakness, but my biggest problem is carbs of any kind - a lifetime spent eating waaayyy too many of them and not nearly enough protein to balance things out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.