Notices

I'm New!! 70 pound goal for me

Old 08-05-2010, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm New!! 70 pound goal for me

Hi there! I’m new around here and just wanted to introduce myself. I’ve been down this weight-loss/get fit road before and this time around I want it to stick with me a little better than it obviously has the past times. I know what works for me and that is accountability. It’s much easier for me to give in to temptation when I am not doing the food diary or when I don’t turn to a support group. So, here I am! I also decided to start a blog to keep track of myself and put myself out there even more for the world to see. After reading other people’s blogs, it seems like it helped them get through those rough days and feel even better about the good ones. I’m not sure if I am allowed to plug my blog, but I put it at the end of my signature on here. (and if anybody else on here has one, send it my way, I would love to read it!) It’s only been a week since I decided to get serious about this again and all has gone well, but I know it is just the beginning. My main goal is to lose 70 pounds, my mini goal would be 40. For me it is better to have the big picture instead of small goals (like a pound or two at a time), so that is why I keep the big number in mind. Anyways, I hope to be able to spend a lot of time around here, learning from everybody else and seeing the rewards getting healthy can bring us all.

Trixie
From Flabulous to Fitastic
Old 08-05-2010, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Heya k9trix,
Welcome, and good luck on your journey!
Blogs are fab, and such a great way to keep tabs and being able to look back at your former self.
Have fun and take care of yourself.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hello and welcome, Trixie! You will definitely find the accountability and support you're looking for here. There are some awesome people here to help and encourage when you need it. They're also good for celebrating accomplishments, too! =)

I love the title of your blog! I just started following you. A link to my blog is in my signature as well. Feel free to check it out.

Best of luck as you start your journey!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks both of you and I'm happy to find fellow bloggers/writers! I will definitely check both of yours out and follow them.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Trixie!

You sound like you have great enthusiasm already, and keeping the blog is just another way to stay focused on your goals. I have recently recommitted to my health & fitness goals too. Started about the same time as you have... so let's do this girl! I want to be fitastic too! =)

Look forward to seeing you post more here as well.

Best always... Smoosh
Old 08-05-2010, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb

Welcome K9Trix to the group. I read your blog and it is great.
---------------
Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 187.4 lbs (8-5-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10)
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (12-20-10)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=zinal
Old 08-17-2010, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I am new to the forums. I have used fitday before but never stuck with it so this time I want to be in a suport group. I also have a 70lb goal. But i'm breaking my mini goals into 25lbs increments. Good luck K9Trix i think blogging is a great idea!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hedgiehog
Hi, I am new to the forums. I have used fitday before but never stuck with it so this time I want to be in a suport group. I also have a 70lb goal. But i'm breaking my mini goals into 25lbs increments. Good luck K9Trix i think blogging is a great idea!
Hi Hedgie, and welcome back to FitDay! The forums have a lot of great support groups, so I'm sure you'll find one that suits you and helps you along your journey. Best of luck to you and hope to see more of your posts!

Smoosh
Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default On the journey, too.

I have been up and down the yo yo my entire life and now have reached the biggest weight of my life...even more than my biggest pregnancy. I am 5'4'' and have 97 pounds to lose. I have been doing fitday.com for 1 week and zumba as much as I can and have lost 2 inches from my belly and 4 pounds! I could never have done it without fitday! I journal everyday and am on the food page 6 times a day! I am so excited for you and hope that you stay with it!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:30 AM
FitDay Member

I too have traveled this road before, but at 54 I feel if I don.t get this under control now I will have many health problem that have aready started. Just had a birthday and I need to give this too myself as a gift, My goal is to have a body that I am not ashamed of by next birthday