Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-30-2010, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh, I'm irritated. I've been going to the gym (swimming for 1-1.5 hrs a day) and still walking a mile a day....
I did have around 2000 calories a day for 2-3 days in a row... but I have had that much before and lost... and mathematically, that is less calories than my body needs to maintain... so how come the last 2 days I have seen a slight gain
Very frustrating... And I know people say "its muscle", but I doubt that... if I was building muscle, I would be burning more fat and would either fit into smaller clothes, or see the scale go down. Neither is happening.
So apparently I cannot have 2000 calories without gaining, even if I supposedly burned over 500 exercising.
I want to see that number continue to move down. It is way too early to have it float all over the place
Old 08-30-2010, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome home Almeeker!! We had bet's on how many of those kids would be returning with you after 2 weeks of tooooo much togetherness! ( Just kidding!!) But you were missed! Glad you are home safe and sound.

Someone here was asking about brands of greek yogurt, or info on it ( I cant remember) and I said to wait til you got back hehe.

I would have dropped after the 2nd park.. congrats on doing all 9! And most of all, congrats on pretty much staying where you left weighwise! All the walking must have helped.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
Ugh, I'm irritated. I've been going to the gym (swimming for 1-1.5 hrs a day) and still walking a mile a day....
I did have around 2000 calories a day for 2-3 days in a row... but I have had that much before and lost... and mathematically, that is less calories than my body needs to maintain... so how come the last 2 days I have seen a slight gain
Very frustrating... And I know people say "its muscle", but I doubt that... if I was building muscle, I would be burning more fat and would either fit into smaller clothes, or see the scale go down. Neither is happening.
So apparently I cannot have 2000 calories without gaining, even if I supposedly burned over 500 exercising.
I want to see that number continue to move down. It is way too early to have it float all over the place
Hey hun,
I'm constantly seeing little gains during the week. My weight goes up and down like a Yoyo and I can gain up to 2-3lbs overnight and then lose it again (or more) a couple of days later.
If you're worried that it's because of calorie intake maybe you can try reducing your intake by 100 cals each day until you see the scale going in the right direction again? (But not going below 1300-1500 a day.)
As for the muscle thing, it may well be that a little. I've lost 37lbs and I still haven't dropped a full dress size. It's very frustrating, but looking at pictures I took about 5-6 weeks ago compared to now I've started to see visible changes in my body shape. Mainly that my stomach is starting to curve rather than being a big slab of flab, my lower arms are slimmer, as are my thighs (mainly around my knees) and my face looks less bloated. If you haven't taken pictures you should. I know it's painful and embarrassing, but really good when you can start seeing changes.
Keep at it, you are doing a great job with the walking and swimming. And your weight has been coming off quite quick, so I wouldn't worry too much. You're getting healthier, and you will start getting happier and more confident too.
DON'T GIVE UP, YOU CAN DO THIS!

Andddd, Welcome Back Almeeker!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Awww thanks for the warm welcome! "There's no place like home, there's no place like home", come on little ruby slippers...

Yeah, walking all over was key to not packing on more pounds, I think my pedometer read 11,000+ every day, even the days we were at Cocoa Beach, because I made the kids walk up and down the beach with me looking for shells and such. It was fun though, the week we spent in Disney, it was with our 3 kids (ages 4, 7 and 9) plus my niece (age 9) and nephew (age 3), so 5 kids. I usually spend my day with 5 kids, so that was pretty easy for me. The second week was with just our 3 and that was heavenly, although I missed my niece a bit. I've spent time with her before, but it's always been really short and chaotic, like family dinners and such. This was 24-7 and side-by-side, it turns out she and I are A LOT alike. She's the little girl version of my goofy brother, it's absolutely hilarious, so I think this trip sealed our future as good buddies.

On Greek yogurt I really like all the brands I've tried so far. The cheapest one around here is Dannon Greek at $1+/serving, the plain version is 80 calories, 0g fat and 14g protein. My favorite is Fage Total 0%, it's about $2/serving, 0g fat and 15g protein, it's very thick and can be used as sour cream or sweetened and eaten like yogurt. Fage comes in various fat percentages, so you have to look at the package closely. I usually buy plain and add flavor myself, which is more flexible for me and then I get the added benefit of knowing the exact nutritional value of what's been stirred in my yogurt. I also like a brand called Chobani, I buy the plain fat free tub and that's what we use for sour cream around here, it's fairly inexpensive per ounce compared to the single serve cups, and with a packet of onion soup mix stirred in, it's a decent veggie dip.

When I first started buying Greek yogurt my family treated it like the plague, now I have to make sure I buy enough so that I actually get to eat some, we're currently averaging 15-20 tubs/week. They're all addicted now. DH likes his with honey and granola, which has been great for his high cholesterol, our oldest DD likes it with low-sugar blueberry jam and Kashi, our middle DD likes it with low-sugar strawberry jam and granola bars and the youngest likes it dumped over her baked potatoes.

Chunkydunk I'm sorry to hear you've stalled out. I stalled out at about that same amount of loss too. Just hang in there. One of the things that helped me was to read a post that said something like "(calories eaten - calories burned) /time = weight loss". Your weight today is not completely dependent on what you ate yesterday, it's about what you've eaten over your whole life, minus the calories you've burned over your whole life. When you're dieting it takes a while to even things out, so don't stick with it for the sake of tomorrow's weight, stick with it for the sake of all the tomorrows after that. Am I making sense? I would agree that you probably should drop your calories by a few, and you might also want to look at your protein intake, and up that a bit if it's been on the low side. I also would ask if you've been drinking enough water? That is critical for me, and I've been terrible about it lately.

Last edited by almeeker; 08-30-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default home from vacation

Hey guys!

I was away for 2 weeks on vacation with my family. We went to wonderland in Toronto, then the toronto Zoo. It was fun.

I kept weighting myself to check up on myself and I was so happy to see that even before I left for T.O. I was losing. I have lost a total of 17 pounds now!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea how or why and that scares me since I am now only 236 and I want to get down to 140. I am going to see a dietician on the 13th and I will let you know what she says since I see I am not alone when it comes to workingout and nothing happening.

I want to make sure this continues and a good pace because I would love to be 140 by my 10th wedding anniversary next year. I was 200 when I got married so that would be amazing, I was 150 when I met my husband 13 years ago (and still thought I was fat!).
Old 08-30-2010, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carrenross
Good morning ladies.

Weekly weigh in shows me at 239.5! Yippee. I am down again. It was frustrating last week to show a gain but that is the nature of weight loss.

BFD = Bad Food (Choices) Day - yesterday. Lots of carbs. Walked an hour = 5km so this took some of the guilt off. Tried to do something new for breakfast with toast and peanut butter. It started the cravings for carbs - it never ended. So I am back to my filling breakfast of eggs, veggies and fruit (and coffee). Will finally get my LGTurkey cooked today for next weeks meals. Menu plan.

I realize I am a lazy eater. If it is all ready, sitting in the fridge - then I will eat it. If I have to cook it, not so much. I don't know about the rest of you but I am thinking until I can change this behavior I better get it together with having good foods ready to grab from the fridge. So, I figure I will spend one day a week and cook, open cans or prep veggies and put into containers - then I will not be grabbing OJ & protein bars at the gas station - like I did yesterday on my walk. Lesson learned.

CD 78 & WLBoo - congrats on your losses!
I hope you are all having a nice restful weekend. Carren
Ahhhh I forgot to weight myself this morning lol. I will have to do it tomorrow morning andI will post it.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Good morning ladies, I'm back from vacay. 2 weeks in Florida doing the whole Disney/Seaworld thing. Okay for those of you that don't know this, 9 parks in 11 days is A LOT!!!!! I think we won't do it like that again EVER. The 2 best days of our vacation were the 2 we spent at Cocoa Beach. Actually the whole thing was a lot of fun, it just wasn't very relaxing, and I think we all came home very tired and not the least bit rested. I was trying to read all the posts I missed before I posted, but that was taking too long this morning, and I have to get my workout started.

Anyway I gained a little weight on the trip, okay more than a little I was up 10 pounds the first night we got back, I weighed in at 166.4 on Friday night. But I've jumped right back on the horse and this morning I was at 158.3, which is only up 4 pounds from the day we left. So all in all, 2 weeks of eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it was bad but not the end of the world. I'm back in the saddle and battling the bulge again and feel pretty strong again, which is a good thing. The kids go back to school in a few days and I think that will help me get back on track like nothing else....
How did you come up with your goal? Like how did you do that math? how many weeks for how many pounds?

You are doing sooo well I am so jealous lol. I want to be just like you lol
Old 08-31-2010, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Almeeker & Christineval! Good to see you both again .
To all who are destroying pounds this week - congratulations on your losses!
To those who have remained stationary - that's still a positive, fight the good fight!
And finally, to those who may have gained a bit, it does happen and don't fret! As others have stated, weight fluxuations are merely a part of the process. Don't let it derail you! What you've been doing works... so keep at it!

As for me, I am back to the stationary weight pattern. It seems that I notice a few pounds drop about once a week on the scale, and I do weigh everyday (personally I like that, and the fluxuations don't bother me).

My eating habits have been successfully healthy for one month now! I have 'officially' formed a new habit in logging my food everyday and making healthy choices! HOORAY!

My exercise efforts were daily up until a week ago, when I started to slack off a bit. I want to get back into my routine of 30 minutes of walking a day, and light weights -- but, I'm still proud of myself for acknowledging that I have been putting forth efforts this month and am *still thinking* about what I should be doing -- now, JUST DO IT! hehe

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

WE DESERVE TO BE FIT & FABULOUS!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
How did you come up with your goal? Like how did you do that math? how many weeks for how many pounds?

You are doing sooo well I am so jealous lol. I want to be just like you lol
Thanks, actually I haven't lost very much since the end of June, but at least I haven't fallen off the wagon completely. Summer is really hard for me, my garden is making goodies like crazy and I always do a ton of canning, which of course means eating, since there is no sense in canning it unless it tastes good right? I get into trouble out picking too, cherry tomatoes can just pop right off the vine and into my mouth and I don't even notice !

I came up with my goal weight by looking at various resources, charts at the gym, on-line sites and I also asked my doctors, both knee and regular. They both looked me in the eye and said 115, our Wii Fit Plus said 119.5, but it only lets me put in whole numbers and I'm only 5'-2" when I round up. I also have a slight or delicate skeletal frame, small hands, feet, wrists, ankles, teeth etc. I added in an extra 5 pounds because I'm rather well endowed and none of those charts or websites take cup size into consideration, if you know what I'm saying...
Old 08-31-2010, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Woo, only 1.8lbs away from my halfway point... feels like it's taken forever so far though.

I've really enjoyed my wii fit since I first got it a week ago - it's made my workouts new and enjoyable. Plus I'm extremely competitive, so I'm always trying to beat my own scores or other people's scores who have played on it.

This week has just been beyond hectic, so I apologize for the short post - but I'm about to go pass out. I hope you ladies have been having a happy and sexy week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.