Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-20-2010, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up I like your User Name!

Originally Posted by Susan8Less
Hi Lovely Ladies!! I haven't been posting much but I'm still sticking with the program. The weight loss is S-L-O-W. I'm trying not to obsess about it too much and just live it out. As long as I keep progressing then eventually it will add up. I'm so glad for this thread to read through and see how you are all doing. We can do this!!
Great to have you on board. I, too, want to lose faster and have to be patient. I am not getting my exercise - outside - because of the smoke haze from BC Fires. So, it looks like I head to the Mall and walk - which is just as dangerous - shopping wise. Those store fronts always slow me down. LOL

Have a great day everyone - the weekend is HERE!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

I wonder how almeeker survived her 1st week on vacation?? I am just not doing well. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it is between semesters for aquasize and the gym/total fitness program. It starts again next Monday but I feel like I have been wondering around lost and not quite sure what to do with myself and so, of course I have blown it royally now for 2 weeks. Hope everyone else did better and have a great weekend!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I lost 2.5 lbs this week. So now I've lost over 25 lbs... which was 1/8 of my goal! I am pretty happy about that! My next goal is 313, so I've now lost more weight than I need to lose to hit my next goal... that should be encouraging for me.
Also, as of Aug. 17th, I was one month at this! So about 25 lbs in one month--- that's something, huh?
Old 08-21-2010, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Congrats CD78

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
Well, I lost 2.5 lbs this week. So now I've lost over 25 lbs... which was 1/8 of my goal! I am pretty happy about that! My next goal is 313, so I've now lost more weight than I need to lose to hit my next goal... that should be encouraging for me.
Also, as of Aug. 17th, I was one month at this! So about 25 lbs in one month--- that's something, huh?
That is definitely something!!! Way to go! I am very happy for you.

Keep up the great work, it's awesome!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Despite a stressful week I'm walking away with a 3.5lb loss.
Obviously I'd like bigger numbers, but I'm realistic and definitely feeling great. Been walking a mile or so each day, plus 1 hour a day cardio, 4 fitness classes per week and my weights/mat exercises. I've never been so excited about exercise. It's starting to get easier and more of a hobby than a chore.

Well done CD78!!! I'd say together we are kicking butt.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chunkydunk78
well, i lost 2.5 lbs this week. So now i've lost over 25 lbs... Which was 1/8 of my goal! i am pretty happy about that! My next goal is 313, so i've now lost more weight than i need to lose to hit my next goal... That should be encouraging for me.
Also, as of aug. 17th, i was one month at this! So about 25 lbs in one month--- that's something, huh?
great job!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Despite a stressful week I'm walking away with a 3.5lb loss.
Obviously I'd like bigger numbers, but I'm realistic and definitely feeling great. Been walking a mile or so each day, plus 1 hour a day cardio, 4 fitness classes per week and my weights/mat exercises. I've never been so excited about exercise. It's starting to get easier and more of a hobby than a chore.

Well done CD78!!! I'd say together we are kicking butt.
WOW! You ROCK! You are so active, I am a slug in comparison!
I can't wait until I am at your level of desire and exercise, sigh. Carren
Old 08-21-2010, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! *hugs*
CD & Boo, grats on your losses (as well as anyone else I missed). =) That's wonderful to hear -- and proof of your hard work. Be motivated!

Yesterday I didn't get my exercise in, which is ok -- though I am trying to do it every day. The time just got away from me, and I didn't have the energy for it. Today will be better. In fact, I'm going to get my walk in right after this post.

My calorie intake was a little higher than normal yesterday too, but I may be coming down with a cold as I felt a little congested this morning. Mentally I still feel very positive and confident, and I am not worried for little variations here and there. I know this change is permanent this time. Not sure how I 'know', but I just do. It feels great too!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. Hard to believe it's almost September, wow. Where'd the Summer go?!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Quick update: Got my 30 minute walk in, as well as 15 mins of light weights. Feeling great! Hubby just informed me we're going to dinner & a movie with friends tonight. It's my first time eating at a restaurant since recommitting to a healthier lifestyle. It's an Italian restaurant, and I know some of my most tempting foods will be there. Any recommendations for how to handle it?

I'm not too worried about overdoing it, but thought I'd ask for support before facing the menu unprepared. =) Thanks in advance for your encouragement and advice ladies! You're the best!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

It's hard to make suggestions when we dont know your likes or dislikes or whats on the menu, but... you can see if they have a website, look at the menu and decide before you go.

One thing that helps me is to make a decision to have 1 or 0 bread/rolls etc and then tell the person you are with to move them just out of your reach, or off the table altogether.

depending on what you get, see if you can get the dressings and sauces 'on the side' and put an appropriate amount for you, on yourself.

And finally, remember theres tons of calories and carbs in alcohol.

Enjoy your dinner!

Everyone who has lost weight.. CONGRATS!!! It's great when you see the result of your hard work.

Too everyone else struggling (including me) hang in there!! Nothing lasts forever unless you give up on it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.