Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-14-2010, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Hi Rena

HI Rena Saw you on another forum - glad that you found this one too. We have fun here. Carren
Old 08-14-2010, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

-6 lbs for the week. Woo! I haven't really had a loss like that since back in the beginning of my weight loss journey. Pushing myself those extra steps was worth it.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kisami
-6 lbs for the week. Woo! I haven't really had a loss like that since back in the beginning of my weight loss journey. Pushing myself those extra steps was worth it.
Well done Kisami! It really does pay off to push yourself a bit harder.
I hope you continue seeing drops on the scale!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carrenross
I upped my calories today from 1200 to 1400 by having a protein shake (first time ever) and by forgetting that I had already eaten my dinner at 5:00 PM at work! Oh well! Anyway, maybe it will keep my leaky liver from dumping sugar at 3am tonight.
I actually had this problem too. It was so bad at one point, I was waking up every 2 hours at night to go to the bathroom. I tried cutting out liquids earlier in the evening, eating earlier, etc., but nothing helped. I have noticed though that after cutting down my carb percentage to 50% or less, I only have to get up maybe once a night, and that's usually earlier in the night (around 11 or 12am), and then I can sleep through until morning. Are you diabetic or insulin resistant? This might be a symptom of that. Your body's having trouble with the large amounts of carbs and sugar you're putting into it, and it's still trying to process the day's intake even when you sleep.

Sorry I haven't posted much this weekend. I've had a friend at work that's been sick for a few weeks, and I finally caught it. I was bummed because I had to skip my swim yesterday, which is my biggest workout of the week. I'm trying not to let it take me off track too much...I'm going to skip exercising one more day (I do feel better today), but I have lowered my calories to compensate for the lack of activity & I'm still watching my carb levels.

If I get plenty of rest, I can usually nip a cold like this in 2-3 days, so that's what I'm going to try to do.

CD78 & Boo - congrats on your losses this week. I know they are not a big as they have been, but please know that is not unusual (especially with Flo visiting). Your body may be getting used to the food & exercise. Maybe switch some things around to confuse your body? I've had success with that once I started seeing smaller drops on the scale.

kisami - congrats on the 6lb loss, that is great!

And welcome to all the newcomers!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up * 7# week loss *

Thanks mstaff for your input. It must definitely be the carbs because I AM diabetic and have had a problem getting enough protein into me. So, I think having a last small meal and protein shake about 3 hours before bed really paid off. I was wondering how it would effect the scale this morning for my weekly weigh in. It was positive!
Today I am singing the old Pointer's Sisters song: 'I'm So Excited' with a few word changes of course! My total weight loss for two weeks is now at 11#. My mind keeps wanting to vocalize 'I can't believe it' but I refuse to say it out loud because I DO BELIEVE IT. It is the walking, calorie control and ALL OF YOU being supportive. (pause for little dance and singing)
My long walks have suffered the last few days due to weather and work committments but since I only work 4 hours today - I am walking to and from work. I am thinking that it is the movement aka exercise that is helping to shed the inches off my calves and hips. Ahhhh (can't help smiling). I am so motivated to walk more. Keeping the faith! Carren
Old 08-15-2010, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by kisami
Congrats Kisami! Way to go! It IS all worth it! Carren
Old 08-15-2010, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats to everyone and their terrific weight loss! What great news all around. Way to go, everyone!

I've spent the week painting my downstairs (I'm on a 3 week break from work), so I know I've burned a lot of extra calories. Painting is hard work! I don't weigh until the end of the month, but I could tell the difference in the jeans I wore yesterday. Definitely some good weight loss going on.

I had a dinner/poker party last night and did pretty well on the food, considering. I made dozens of healthy tamales (no lard!), so there will be lots of good yumminess around the rest of the week. The 2 margaritas put me over for the day, but you have to live a little!

I'm impressed and inspired with all of the ways everyone is getting their activity in. Everyone is so motivated! Yay!

Silly question of the day: I watch a lot of Food Network cooking shows, and I find myself living vicariously through the food they cook and eat. It's almost like I've been able to have a little bit of the yummy things they are making. Yum! Does anyone else do this or am I just really weird?
Old 08-15-2010, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

LOL Zoot, I do that too! I like to watch a lot of cooking shows on PBS, and it's almost like I can smell it =). Sometimes, depending on what they are cooking, it may be a little too much for me to handle and I'll change the station... but most of the time I enjoy it.

I woke up really late today so I didn't get breakfast and went straight to lunch, which is fine, but not sure why I was so tired. I've been getting good sleep, always at least 8 hours.

It's another beautiful day outside so I'll probaby try to get my walk in outdoors instead of on the treadmill. Tomorrow is my measurement day, so I'll be sure to report my progress once I do that.

My weight is stationary at 255 atm, but I'm feeling good and that was my goal for this month, so anything more is a bonus! =)

Congrats to everyone for their losses, their posts, their progress and just for doing what we're doing! GO GIRLS! Keep it up!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Well hello everybody, just thought I would join in since this is my first day. I'm 294 lbs and decided to do this because I know I am in such a dangerous place. I thought today, I would eat as I usually do and record it, then I could see where I need to make major changes. Exercise is definitely something that I must begin doing tomorrow. I plan on using my pedometer and setting my goal at 8,000 steps for right now. My weight has caused a number of problems in my knees and back. I will change my exercise as I loose the weight. I really need some suggestions on food, meal planning etc. I've tried every diet program and now I want to just begin a late in life, life program. Anyway, again thought I would just drop in.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Woot! Congrats to the losses! 6 pounds kisami! 11 pounds in 2 weeks carren! Awesome job you two!!

welcome mk : )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.