Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-14-2010, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down

Only -2lbs this week. I was about 4lbs down yesterday, but I gained water weight following Flo messing it up. Hoping to see a more positive drop next week.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Only -2lbs this week. I was about 4lbs down yesterday, but I gained water weight following Flo messing it up. Hoping to see a more positive drop next week.
Boo, you need to rethink this! A 2lb. drop IS POSITIVE! That's wonderful news! If you dropped nothing at all, it'd still be positive because you are working towards your overall health & fitness. =)

I know, big losses are so motivating, but really -- recognize what a great job this is and that you are continuing to kick butt! You go girl! I'm proud of you, grats!
Old 08-14-2010, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Boo - I'm with Smoosh - a long-term 2#/week weight loss goal is considered aggressive, so you actually did very well.
A big welcome to Cacilona. This is a very supportive bunch; I know their posts have helped me to turn a lot of my self-hate into positive energy and motivation.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cacilona
looking for support...I am 235 and 5'1" at 62 years very young...need weight loss buddies to keep me motivated...right now I have to stay under 1700 cals. a day to lose weight, and I am feeling really resentful...any support would be helpful and you may e-mail [email protected]

Welcome to the group! Everyone here is extremely supportive and encouraging

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh
@CD- That's an accomplishment! Something to be proud of, hard earned girl! I bet you've decreased inches too... are you checking that? Keep up the great work!
!
Thanks No, I haven't taken measurements... I should be, huh?

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Two pounds is awesome... isn't 2 lbs per week what we are aiming for? I figure 2 lbs a week= 104 lbs in a year!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
Thanks No, I haven't taken measurements... I should be, huh?
Absolutely! I take my measurements once-a-week on Mondays and it's very encouraging to see the numbers decrease, especially if you have an off week on the scale. Just another measure of progress that you deserve to monitor.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to add my big thumbs-up to the measuring tape suggestion...
For the first 3 mos of my lifestyle change (hate to use that term 'diet'), I used only a measuring tape, no scale, and it was quite sufficient for motivation until I was ready for the number on the scale.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Thanks for the warm welcome

Feeling better already...going to try for just a 8 lb loss in the next 30 days...slow and steady wins the race..
Old 08-14-2010, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone.
I'm definitely happy with a weight loss this week. I'm just a bit frustrated because yesterday I was looking at a 4-5lb loss, but then my damn period had to mess it all up!
If I can lose the next 15lbs quite swiftly I'll be happy to drop to 2lb a week until my goal. Getting under 100lbs to lose is my big target between now and December. It'll make the mountain seem much smaller.

I hope everyone is having a fab week! Congrats to my girl ChunkyDunk. More off in the right direction that hopefully you never have to see again!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Talking welcome cacilona

Calcilona: You have found the right place to be! Lots of motivated and encouraging people on this forum. We all 'feel your pain' Tomorrow will be my 2nd weigh-in/week on FitDay. I am so grateful for the accountability here. I upped my calories today from 1200 to 1400 by having a protein shake (first time ever) and by forgetting that I had already eaten my dinner at 5:00 PM at work! Oh well! Anyway, maybe it will keep my leaky liver from dumping sugar at 3am tonight. Cacilona - I understand your resentment - been there - but remember that you deserve the BEST out of life and to change your lifestyle to a more healthy one is a very positive step. Just being on here is a major step forward. We will help however we can and walk with you thru your journey - hills & valleys. Carren
Old 08-14-2010, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi all!!

I am so glad to find you all. My name is Rena and I am just dropping in to greet you all.

My reason for weight loss: Healthier for my kids and myself. My personal image is a bit shattered at times, but not too often. I want to be athletic.

My most common excuses: Weekends are supposed to be fun, pig out days. I can't afford the gym. I'm too fat to run. I'm too fat to jump. Do these shorts make me look fat? I can't work out in front of folks if I look obese. It's way too hot. The sun burns. (I do get hives from the sun, but that only happens in the beggining of summer.) My favorite show is on. I'm too lazy to cook, let's grab pizza. I need to finish work on my book, so I can't get out of the house today.

Starting weight: 281
Current weight:277
Goal Weight for this month: 260
Dream Weight: 135...But I'd be more than happy with 150

BLACK ORCHIDS MANOR | Home of Unusual Interests My Weird website

Last edited by lastchancerena; 08-14-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: additions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.