Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-26-2010, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

WTG!! harpegcanuck on your loss! You have a good reason to be excited!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

carrenross, you might also want to try Oikos Plain Green Yogurt. It's made by Stonyfield, I think. That's the brand I get from Wal-mart.

You could also try making your own version. I do this with 1% milk, a crockpot, & the Oikos yogurt as a starter, then drain out the whey using a big colander & coffee filters. But there are a bunch of ways to do it out on the web. You have to guess at the nutritional information, but it's a good inexpensive option! I've done it twice now with great results, and it makes PLENTY.

Congrats harpegcanuck on the loss! Awesome news!

So TOM is upon me, and oddly enough, I dropped 2.4lbs from yesterday. I saw 226.6 lbs on the scale this morning. That's exciting because I was shooting for 228 by the 31st, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself. I'm going to wait a few days to see if it "sticks".

What I want to know is, how can you drop 2.4lbs & still feel bloated? I mean, I weighed twice to make sure the scale wasn't off, and both times it was the same.

Sorry I haven't been posting much; work has been crazy this week and I'm getting geared up for my first day of classes on the 30th. I'm looking forward to being able to get a gym membership & using the campus rec center 1 day a week (yay!).
Old 08-26-2010, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all! *hugs*
How is your week going? I have had a bit of a rough one, as my doggie has been sick the past few days and I'm hoping it's nothing serious. Gonna take him to the vet tomorrow. This has caused me a bit of stress, and I found myself snacking later than usual -- still on healthy items -- but later than I want to be eating.

I'm frustrated because he is getting older and it's harder for him to control his bladder/bowel movements -- not his fault -- but it has been especially challenging to keep up with him this week. Please say a lil' prayer for him if you can... I want him to feel well. =\

Aside from that, not much else to report. The scale is stationary once more, but I expect it to move again soon.

Thanks for letting me vent a little. You gals are wonderful!

Best regards,
Smoosh
Old 08-26-2010, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
Zoot - since they are tofu noodles my guess is they dont really have a taste unless it picks up the flavor of whatever you put on them. I havent seen them, am not wild about reg. tofu but these might be worth a try. The thing about whole grain pasta.. check out the carbs and calories.. they arent any different than regular pastas
Right, but for the same amount of carbs and calories, you also get the fiber, vitamins, minerals and essential fats that whole grains have and the white pastas don't. The fiber also makes you feel fuller long and slows down the absorption of those carbs so you get a slower release of sugar into the blood. I'm also not a carb watcher, so I'm not too concerned about the levels of carbs in whole grain pastas.

On the other hand, I DO watch calories, so I really should try the shiritaki noodles. I have picked them up twice in the store and then put them back down. The worst that can happen is I don't like them! I like your idea of them being like tofu and taking on the flavor of whatever you want. That's a good point, and I do like tofu when it is well flavored. I will make a point to give them a try!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone's week going?

I am not doing very well. I took a few days off work last week to visit with my mom. I did really well with my calorie intake but didn't keep up my exercise. When I went back to work on Monday I was bombarded and still have not started back into my exercise routine. I almost regret taking time off because it's thrown me so far off track.

Even though I thought I was doing quite well with my calories this week, I somehow gained 2 lbs. Today I lost control of my eating. I bought a donut and then had 3 pieces of pie, pasta after that, then cheezeese.

I can't seem to sleep at night anymore and I'm starting to feeling like my old self before I started fitday. I'm eating to deal with anxiety and to cope with my life. I'm not exercising and not sleeping properly. I tell myself to snap out of it before I do too much damage but I don't seem to be getting a grip here. I'm not happy with where I'm at. I fear that I will slip further into self-loathing and my own misery.

Exercise is really key for me to keep me in a positive mindset, but I'm really fighting against it now. Hopefully I can drag my butt out tomorrow and turn this around.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies, just checking in before off to bed...

Smoosh, I hope your four legged love one improves, he's in my thoughts and prayers.

Susan8less -- You can do this! You are stronger than that and self-loathing is not worth unless it's after a wild night in Vegas. Hang in there.

The new-to-me foods mentioned sound terrific. I heard some great things about nutrients in Quinoa. Has anyone found a good recipe for quinoa? I checked out some of the food threads but didn't have much luck.

Thanks all for celebrating with me breaking the plateau, you're an awesome group!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

How is it possible for the scale to not budge for days, then miraculously overnight while you're sleeping, the fat elves sneak into your room and steal away a few more pounds?!?

I am happy to report that this morning the scale reflected a 3 lb. loss! So that makes a total of 15 lbs. destroyed this month. I know, we still have a few days left in August, but I am not going to put any further pressure on my body to lose quicker. I am so pleased!

As for my doggie, he is hanging in there. The vet said he just has a bacterial virus and prescribed some medicine. So in a few days, hopefully he'll be back to normal. Thank you for the well wishes.

@Susan - Hon *big hugs*, hang in there! You are not off the wagon for having missed some days of exercise or eating poorly for a day or two. You are still posting (which is wonderful) and you have a lot of stress at the moment. Forgive yourself. Today is a new day! Every day, every moment, our choices matter. So what's behind you is over and done with. Think of the present! We are here for you... and I believe in you! Those old habits are not you anymore, and a lapse doesn't have to be a re-lapse.

Enjoy the weekend ladies, and keep on keeping on!

Best always,
Smoosh
Old 08-27-2010, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Smoosh, glad to hear your doggy is going to be OK. I know the worry of having a poorly pet. I hope it passes quickly.

I am a bit frustrated at the moment. The scale is up and down like a fiddlers elbow and I'm basically back where I started at the beginning of the week! I've worked extra hard the last 4 days and I thought it would show! I even managed a full hour on the elliptical for the first time, and tried a new class which left me rather tender the next day. My diet is getting better all the time thanks to my personal trainer, and I'm finally getting in all the water I need. GRR!
Tomorrow is weigh day, and hopefully the scale will be kindly or I may just take a hammer to it.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by harpegcanuck
The new-to-me foods mentioned sound terrific. I heard some great things about nutrients in Quinoa. Has anyone found a good recipe for quinoa? I checked out some of the food threads but didn't have much luck.
I've been making quinoa lately, and I think it is very tasty. I normally make brown rice for the whole grains (again with the whole grains!), but if I don't think about making it early enough in the evening it takes too long to make for dinner. Quinoa is a great, fast substitute. I just cook it like rice in my rice cooker. I use vegetable broth instead of water, and it has great flavor. Recently, I used the leftovers in a cold salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, lemon juice and some olive oil. I think it would work in any recipe you have for rice. It is very similar in cooking times and texture. The flavor is different from rice, but not strong and very pleasant. Rinse it before you cook it because it has a bitter coating that should be washed off (some of the boxed ones are already rinsed, but I do it again anyway).

Congrats on the success to those who see the scale moving, and congrats to anyone who isn't seeing the success yet but is still posting and trying. Slow and steady wins the race!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Smoosh - glad the pup will be ok. I tried hard to reply when the request was 1st posted, but since I just lost mine after having her 18 yrs.. all I could do was cry But my prayers were with you both! My weight does that also.. I frequently lose a pound or 2 overnight and not sure why since I generally dont get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, so I really cant explain it, but I am always glad to see it!

Boo- Its quite possible the scale isnt moving for one of 2 reasons.. either, since you have been working extra hard this week.. that it has turned some fat to muscle ( and that weighs more than fat) or since you have been drinking more water than you used to, its very possible its water weight. I can bounce up 10 - 15 lbs in a week or less in water weight and then when I take the water pills, drop it in like 6 hrs (which isnt healthy for me). So dont get discouraged! Its great that you did the eliptical machine for an hour!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.