Notices

Need a kick in the pants!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Need a kick in the pants!

Okay, ladies. I need a little motivation. I took yesterday off from the gym because I didn't feel like going. Not a problem every once in a while, right? But two days in a row? Not so good.

I'm curled up on the couch with a blanket and my computer, and I have no desire to change this. The thought of getting changed into gym clothes, driving to the gym, doing work, sweating, showering, getting ready, then coming home to start my real work for the day? Not something I want to do. At all.

Plus, it's the most wonderful time of the month for me, so that makes me feel even worse. I'm not one of those lucky girls who feels better after exercise. I end up in more pain than I was in before working out. Not looking forward to that, either.

So, help me out, please! Got any words of wisdom? A quote that gets you moving? Tips or tricks?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Well, birds of a feather.... If I could be, I'd be on my couch doing the exact same thing. Just got over my period. Woke up ith a splitting headache this morning, didnt go for my 4 mile walk and really dont give a crap!! The only thing that got me out of my jammies was the fact that I had to open my restaurant for breakfast. Now that my waitress is here i'm going back home to do what you're doing.

I think that sometimes we just have to let our bodies dictate what we're gonna do or not do for the day. Especially when it's that time of the month. I'm with you, exercise makes it worse. I have chosen to pretty much take those 1st 2 days of my period off. Be nice to myself and then get back on track on day 3.

I probably haven't been much help but, misery at least loves company. You will feel better tomrrow!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Could you possibly be catching a cold? I know I get like this when I am starting to get sick. I'll feel really lazy, and blow off exercising. Then I start beating myself up about it. Then the next day I wake up with a cold and think, "Oh, no wonder I didn't feel like doing anything yesterday, I was getting sick!"
Old 07-27-2010, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

As long as you are sticking to the food part and being good, its not too bad to miss 1 or 2 days however ( heres the kick in the pants).. the longer you postpone doing it, the sorer you will be after going back to it and the less and less motivated you will get and it becomes a slippery slide that some ppl dont come back from. So allow yourself these 2 days, and make up your mind that tomorrow come hell or high water ( lol not funny since I have 3 feet of water sitting in my basement at the moment).. you will get up and MOVE to the gym.

Good luck!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Okay enough of this pity party, get off your couch and get your butt to the gym. You never hear anyone say "gee, I wish I wasn't in such good shape", or "I wish I hadn't gotten in that fantastic workout", so read between the lines sister. I want this more for you, than you want it for you, now get going or I'm gonna come over there and drag your sorry lazy butt off the couch and kick it all the way to the gym. How was that?

For me working out is a lot like doing the laundry or the dishes, the hardest part is getting started, and I struggle with it EVERY MORNING, but eventually I get off my butt and get it done.

Last edited by almeeker; 07-28-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Even if you didn't get it in this morning, you can work out tonight! I actually slept in with the boyfriend today on his day off when I should have gotten up to work out. I'm planning on hitting the nearby park's track this evening though when it gets a little cooler. I don't have a gym. Just can't swing it right now. So think how lucky you are to have that air and all those machines and do it!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

Get up and go, chica. Set up a schedule of which days you work out, like work schedule. If it's a plan, you'll do it. I tell my family and myself that I exercise on M,W,TH &FRI, no buts.

Maybe you need to do something different out of boredom. Check out an exercise video, or rent one. netflix has a bunch streaming, which is cool.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Lol!! Well Fletch, I'd say we got that kick in the ass we both needed!!

And that's why I post......Thanks Gals!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

You ladies are awesome! Thank you so much!

After reading your comments, I decided to at least get some work out clothes on and maybe go for a walk outside. Once I got those on, I decided it would only take a few more minutes to go to the gym and walk on the treadmill. Once I was on the treadmill, I figured why not run for a little while? I ended up running 2.25 miles! Yes, I was in pain afterwards, but at least I won't spend the rest of the day beating myself up for being lazy!!! I could have run longer or harder, but I think I did pretty good considering I didn't want to work out at all today!

hetemte - Thanks for the comments. Hope you're feeling better and got some exercise in today, too! Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Julie - That's an interesting thought...I hope I don't wake up feeling sick tomorrow!

GameGal - You are totally right. Thanks for your post! 3 ft of water? Yikes! Hope that's straightened out soon...

almeeker - That's exactly what I needed!!!! You rock. Plus, I'm in MI too, so you really could come over here and drag and kick my butt to the gym. Now there's motivation! =)

Erin - You're right, I am definitely lucky to be able to afford a gym. Thanks for reminding me of that! Hope you enjoyed sleeping in and got a chance to work out this evening.

Michelle - I always work out on Tuesdays, so I'm not sure what my deal was today. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

I'm totally going to come to you ladies next time I need my butt kicked off the couch. But hopefully that won't be for a while!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Great job, Fletch. You are inspiring to all of us who have faced those days and we all have, I am sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.