Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check in for 7/27

Old 07-27-2010, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check in for 7/27

Hi Ladies, how goes your week?
Old 07-27-2010, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

Gonna do my check in early; leaving for the beach with no internet (don't think, anyway) in a couple hours. The five days at family's were okay, some overages, some "underages," but I think I evened out. Had the free fun size chocolate bar at Hershey Park and a burger for dinner, but lunch was Subway and the rest of the day was pretty good.

On Sunday I ate 16 steamed blue crabs for lunch and dinner. Protein was 61% that day...my pie chart's never looked like that!

Been in the hard candy dish a few too many times and skipped a workout, but I doubled up yesterday, so that felt good. And since when did my mom fix friench fries every other night?! Overall I feel like I'm maintaining.

Beach begins today and I know I will splurge and also that I won't be logging, so I guess it is like taking the training wheels off. As long as I have my head in the right place, I think the rest will follow.

Hope you all had a great week, and that this one is good for you, too
Old 07-27-2010, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, It sounds look you are having fun and are doing a great job while on vacation. I hope you have fun at the beach.

I'm stuck. I weigh the same again. I have never stayed at the exact same weight so long and it is a bummer. I'm glad I'm not gaining weight but I'm not losing. I'm getting so tired of thinking about losing weight but I can't seem to stop thinking about food, calories, and my body. Grr! I'm having a downer of an attitude so I am trying to snap out of it. I should listen to my husband's pep talks and be proud of what my body can do and how healthy I am because I am making good choices. I also realize that I need to work harder on my diet if I want to see results. I try to look at the positive but I am having a harder time.

I don't mean to be so down. I hope you all have a great week.

Amber
Old 07-27-2010, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone!!

I lost a pound with half inch lost in waist, hips and thighs, no loss in boobs!! Whew, that's probably next, though. Seems to cycle that way. What I did was I dropped my calories to 1145 to 1200 within the last 5 days. I noticed a difference in my performance, yesterday, even though I ate a pb&j 2 hours b4 kung fu. I was fine on the days I didn't exercise. So I am wondering if my maintenance level is supposed to average to about 1500 to 1600 a day. My average with the drop ended up being 1371 (with exercise 4 days a week).

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Have a great vacation Cassie. If you were that good at Hershey, you will be fine at the beach.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie- Have a great time at the beach! Thanks for still stopping in to keep us accountable today.

Amber-I am with you. The scale isn't moving for me either (or it heads in the wrong direction). I am trying to make peace with a new digital scale that I bought that weighs me two pounds heavier than my old one. When it is so hard to lose weight already, looking at two "extra" pounds is a bummer.
We can do this though. I went to the gym to workout today and realized I am stronger than I was a few months ago and that is a step in the right direction. If I just give up, I will only be unhappier and weigh more, so why not keep on doing what I know is better for my body and get my mind out of the thinking that it has to look a certain way or be a certain size. I will be thinking about you because I know just how you feel. Let's both try and eat better this week and we can report in when we weigh in again next week.

Michelle-Congrat's on the losses. Good for you! I still can't figure out what my calories should be on workout days and non workout days. Maybe that's part of the scale not moving. Wish it were easier......
Old 07-27-2010, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,
Cassie, keep up the good work!!!! You are doing amazing well at maintaining and you are an inspiration!

Michelle, congrats on busting through the plateau you were on and losing weight and inches. I'm glad you have figured out the calorie range that suits you.

Amber and Mambo, I'm sorry to hear you are having downer weeks regarding the scale. Although, it seems like Mambo you are having non-scale victories like increased strength!

I'm not going to WW this week bc I feel incredibly bloated from my period. I had a great week last week regarding staying in control, although this weekend I indulged Friday night-Sunday night. Today and yesterday I have been back on track. I kind of never want to get on a scale again and just go by how I feel, as well as how my clothes fit. I might change my mind on that next week or something, but for now I just don't want to see the number be higher than 125 and then feel like I've "failed."

The thing with WW is you have to go 1 time per month for it to continue to be free as a life-timer. So I have to go soon. Or just completely drop out, which I'd probably regret. I don't want to buy a scale bc I know I would be tempted to jump on it every day and I'd go insane because my emotions would be tied to a number on the scale and if I was above it I'd be really bummed.

Mambo and Amber, what about if stay away from the scale for a week and try to just track your daily eats and exercise? Would that be a relief for you, or do you think you need the scale to stay on track? It's a relief for me in the sense that the number on the scale doesn't have power over my emotions. I also feel more empowered by my own sense of what my body feels, without knowing if the scale agrees.

Last edited by blackrhino2; 07-27-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie- Hope you have a great time at the beach!

Michelle- Great job on sticking with it through your plateau and finally seeing results!

Julia- Glad you had a great week. We all have to let ourselves indulge every once in a while. I know how you feel about not wanting to get on scale while you are on your period. The bloating is the worst. I've been on mine for about a month, it finally decided to away yesterday, thank God!

Amber & Mambo- I know how you feel with being "stuck". It's sooo frustrating!

Mambo, I was thinking about getting a new scale not too long ago. Before I left the house I weighed when I got to the store the scale that I liked and the 1st scale that I tried weighed me 10lbs heavier. I very quickly put it back on the shelf and left!

As for me, I have been back and forth between 129 lbs and 132 lbs for at least a month. The up and down is driving me nuts! But I'm not beating myself up too bad about the fluctuation on the scale because I have managed to lose another half inch around my waist! I think it's all the hooping I've been doing to help "widdle" away that waist!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Last edited by mandab1; 07-27-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies. I am happy to report that I have picked myself out of my moodiness and am feeling better. Thanks for your support. I started off yesterday morning in a horrible mood (even during my workout) and after reading your encouragement I started to feel better. I know I am not alone in how I am feeling. Yesterday afternoon, I decided to stop feeling so negative and think about the positives. I made a list of things I am grateful for, including my body and all the many things it can do, and after I was in a good mood. I have realized all that I have accomplished in a month, including a month without Mexican food (my favorite) or other fattening foods, margaritas, and desserts.

Mambo- you are absolutely right. If we stopped doing this, we would feel worse. Most days I feel great and when I have a strong mind I can stay positive and accomplish many things.

Julia, Manda, and Michelle- congrats on your good weeks, weight loss, and inches lost.

Take care everyone.

Amber
Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone! I'm a day late, but I still weighed myself yesterday following a week's worth of unhealthy eating at the beach And the scale showed it with a 2# gain. I have a hard time controlling what I put in my mouth when others stock the place with so much crap. I did lots of walking and there's a great gym on Hattarras Island that I visited every other day (I consider it a treat). I took the attitude of "well, I'm not gonna stress it." It is good to be home though and "in control" of my kitchen! Today I'm back at 119#.

Cassie, in case you DO have access to a computer, hope you have a wonderful time with the family at the beach!

Congrats to Michelle and Mambo! Loss of inches and gains in strength mean so much more to me than what the scale says.

Hang in there, Amber! I agree with Julia about focusing on my efforts rather than the scale. Water weight and regularity play a big role in the reading of scales which can be so discouraging if that's my only form of measuring progress.

Julia, hopefully the bloating will pass quickly...lots of water and decreasing sodium usually helps me.

It's good to see that you all are still here! Hope everyone has a great week ahead
Old 07-28-2010, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Well, my brain is not online yet. I got Manda and Amber's posts confused. Congrats Amanda on your great week AND Amber, I'm glad you are feeling better about you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.