FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   weight loss support buddy (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1617-weight-loss-support-buddy.html)

labellarose 07-26-2010 10:30 AM

weight loss support buddy

i need some support and am willing to be supporting as well. lwt me know i have a lot of weight to lose. thanks Labellarose

size0wannabe26 07-26-2010 01:29 PM

i am looking for a weight loss buddy as well. i can not do it by myself. how much weight do you have to lose? i would like to lose 20 lbs.

zinal 07-26-2010 01:30 PM

I would be glad to help. I am in my 40's and trying very hard to lose 70 lbs. I have lost 8lbs in one month, but I had to work out 2 hrs/ 3 times a week and cut my calories down to 1100-1400. It is hard due to the removal of my thyroid, causing very low metabolism now. I have 3 boys that and not much support when it comes to dieting and exercise and a husband that works all the time and his suggestion is " Just exercise and watch what you eat." lol Anyway, I am looking forward to the support and having someone to talk to about this.
-------------

Starting Weight: 198lbs.
Current Weight: 190lbs
Goal Weight: 120-130lbs (12-20-10)
Mini Goal:178 lbs. (8-20-10)

size0wannabe26 07-26-2010 01:54 PM

I want to lose 20 lbs. I could really use some support.

mhibdon 07-26-2010 01:55 PM

Hey ladies! This forum is full of women who are supportive and looking for support in return! Because I'm living alone at the moment, I have turned toward all y'all FitDay-ers and have yet to be disappointed! One thing that I have found to be exceedingly helpful are the threads where people build a group and they all weigh in on certain days. This helps to build a more personalized support system while also keeping you accountable! It might be silly but it has kept me from eating that extra yogurt or driving down to the store for whatever it is that I'm craving.

I have PCOS and am insulin resistant (aka pre-diabetic) so I can sympathize with people not understanding just how much harder you have to work to maintain or lose compared to someone else who is "normal".

Plus I absolutely love to hear myself talk way too much so I'll just pimp out my favorite sites now so that you can check them out:

1.Muscle & Fitness Hers home

2.Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

3. Women's Bodybuilding Training - Lose Fat With Pauline's Bodybuilding Fat Loss Tips for Women

The first two are practical for women and weightloss; however, the third is one that while aimed at those who already near their fitness goals, is still nice because it reminds me to stay on track and to appreciate how far I've come instead of how far I have to go.

size0wannabe26 07-26-2010 01:57 PM

I have 2 kids and they make it really hard for me to lose weight. My man tells me the same thing " Work out and watch what you eat"...easier said than done. Between work, house and family I wouldn"t know where to squeeze in the workout...

lilnesmom 07-26-2010 03:13 PM

Hey I'm 30, with 2 kids and about 70-75 pounds to lose. I need a weight loss buddy to, b/c I know I'll do better with some one to hold me accountable.

zinal 07-27-2010 02:21 AM

Glad for the company. If you would like to IM me, my yahoo: zina_227, ,