Notices

70 pounds...

Old 07-22-2010, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default 70 pounds...

I didn't see a group set up for 70-80 pounds, but that's what I need to do.

So Hi, I'm Ginger and I really need to get in shape. Not just for me but I need to be healthy for my family. Its so discouraging b/c after my youngest was born I did get down to a healthy weight, then some things happened and I'm a super emotional eater and all the weight came back.

So I'm hoping if I come here and do weigh ins and all I will do better than just yelling at my scales in the AM .
Old 07-22-2010, 03:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ginger! My weight loss journey involves similar numbers... How tall are you? A final weight of 105-115 seems pretty slim unless you're petite. Looking at the amount of weight you need to lose can seem SO daunting sometimes-- I get discouraged too :P
Old 07-23-2010, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ginger! Welcome to the Fitday forum. I have found a lot of support and great tips here and I just wanted you to know that I can really relate to being an emotional eater. I was pretty close to being at a healthy weight in 2008 and then some things happened in my life too and I gained 30 pounds in two years. It is extremely discouraging to go back and do it all over again but once you get started losing weight you will feel so much better! Even just the first few pounds will help you tremendously. It sounds to me like you are motivated and ready to get healthy.

Good luck to you!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 07-23-2010 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

I'm 5'1 so I'm really really short. Always made the joke if I could have atleast been 5'5 I wouldn't be as round
Old 07-23-2010, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Emotional eating gets the best of a lot of us-- myself included! I dropped about 20 pounds last summer, only to gain it back (and then some) due to some health issues. And then I felt sorry for myself and starting binge eating, and it all snowballed from there. But Rose is right, even when you just lose a few pounds, it feels REALLY good I make it a point to celebrate the "decades"-- that is, whenever I lose 10 pounds (which is a feasible amount for most people) I celebrate and reward myself with something non-food related. Celebrating each step and feeling proud of yourself the entire time makes the whole journey more bearable. And taking it one step at a time makes it less daunting Do you like to work out at all? If so, what kind of workouts do you enjoy doing?
Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Red face

I am also short, 5'2" and weigh 190lbs. I am trying hard to get to at least 130lbs (husband's goal), but would like to ultimately get to 120 lbs (my goal). I have been on fitday faithfully for one month and have lost 8 lbs. I know this should make me happy, but I am wanting it to lose it quicker. I went from a couch potato to working out 3 times a week for 2 hours. I am about to add another day. I have my good days and my bad days. I get discouraged everytime I step on the scales because there are weeks I don't lose anything. I have lost inches in waist and hips, but have a long way to go. I found that the forums are a good source of support and a great way to vent when I get down. Good luck on your journey and just know others are here to support and encourage.
Ultimate Goal: 120-130 lbs.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lilnesmom
I'm 5'1 so I'm really really short. Always made the joke if I could have atleast been 5'5 I wouldn't be as round
LOL, I always joke that I have the curves and appetite of a MUCH taller woman. I'm just under 5'-2", so I feel your pain. Good luck and keep at it. When I joined fitday I had already lost 44 pounds, and needed to lose another 80, so I joined the 100 pound club. It's a good bunch, very funny, very supportive. So if you don't mind being in a lil' bit larger group, you might want to check it out.

Last edited by almeeker; 07-23-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

I only wish I liked working lol I'm well I don't know if you would call it lazy lol I work 8 hours a day standing on my feet, then chase a 2 year old around...I'm going to make time once the oldest goes back to school. I love putting the little one in a stroller (if she will still cooperate) and going for walks...If I can keep it up. I really enjoy swimming to..I know it sounds like an excuse, but finding the time to workout is almost impossible (i say as I type on the computer when I should be using the time to work out right?)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll definitely check out the 100 thread, if they don't mind having someone on it with a little less to lose
Old 07-24-2010, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

I get up early, 5:00am, well before the kids get up to get my workout in. It's the only way for me to manage it. The other thing you might consider is taking the kids along. For example today I took the kids to the community pool for an hour, I couldn't swim laps, but I did tread water for most of it while my youngest jumped off the diving board 600 times. Sometime we take a walk to the store, which is about a mile away. Sometimes we walk to the park and play, which is about 1/4 mile away. Another workout thing I do is to wear wrist/ankle weights while I do the mundane things moms have to do, like fold laundry, vacuum, shovel out the living room...
Old 07-24-2010, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Another workout thing I do is to wear wrist/ankle weights while I do the mundane things moms have to do, like fold laundry, vacuum, shovel out the living room...
I was actually going to post a question about this b/c I had heard it before, that it helps but I didn't know for sure. I'm thinking of investing in a pair, if they really do help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.