Notices

Public Journal

Old 07-24-2010, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

I hear both of you. The aim is not perfect eating anyway, it's an improvement in overall health and changing bad habits. My biggest problem is that I am an emotional eater. When I am stressed out I nibble and when I am really sad I crave sweets. Since 2008 I gained 30 pounds because of that but I have lost almost 10 of those pounds since joining Fitday and I feel so much better already!

Right now I am trying to be as good as possible because I am going to Italy in September and I know I will want to try lots of different tasty treats there. I have a weakness for Italian ice cream! At least their portions are not like what we get here. My goal is to really enjoy my vacation without feeling like I am binging or out of control. I just want to be able to stay as healthy as possible! I am a little worried about my exercise program though. I don't know if I'll be able to run in the mornings like I do now. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

In any case, Maggie, I think it is great that you lost 18 pounds and it doesn't matter how long it took because that time would have passed anyway. I certainly don't ever lose big numbers like some lucky members here who have 3-4 pound losses in one week. I usually lose 1 pound per week and last week I stayed the same. This week I'm trying the zig-zag technique that you mentioned where you eat more calories every 3rd day to shake up the metabolism. We'll see what happens! I also am exercising a lot more this week so I am going on a 10k power walk tomorrow (!)