Notices

Hello any one else over 40 here?

Old 08-13-2010, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Celisa
I know its harder as we age...any one else struggling with the metabolism fighting again gains/losses ?
Hello! I am 43 and also struggling with this same issue. I have always been a small framed person, but in the last few years, I can see myself gaining especially in the torso area and chest. I have always been a size 5 or 6 but those barely fit me anymore. 8's are better, but some of those are even uncomfortably tight. Not a good feeling. I have been running for years off and on, and pretty faithfully in the last few years. However, I always seem to have a slump in the summers when it is so hot and can't seem to get motivated to run outside or on the treadmill. Plus, all the kids in my house keeps me from being able to exercise at all. Hopefully when school starts back and it cools down, I will get back on track with that. I just started a 1200 calorie a day limit for myself and have lost 2 lbs. this week. So far, so good! I want to lose 20-25 lbs. to make myself feel better. Would love a weight loss buddy!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

welcome cindy

hey hetme your up here in my neck of the woods.

I have been awol started back to work this week and trying to find my groove thang doing good though have made it to 13919 to go
Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

And of course, I didn't get online the whole time I was gone, so Celisa, didn't see ur post. Too bad, you'd have had a blast with us!! I love getting together with my girlfriends. None of us got arrested so we did good!!

Ditto welcome Cindy. I check this daily and would be happy to to struggle together

I suffered extreme constipation for 3 days for my 5 day binge. It was worth it tho. Back on track now and was 129 this morning. still 2 lbs up from when I left but, oh well.

Back on the proverbial horse!!

Cindy, I too stay at or below 1200 cal a day. also stay as low carb as possible. It does work for me.

Happy day all
Old 03-12-2011, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

I turn 50 in June. I have always had to watch every little thing I put in my mouth. Then, in 2005, I nearly died, and I have struggled off and on with my health since then and have not had to worry about maintaining my weight. Then, all of a sudden, right after Christmas, I gained over 10 lbs, and could not lose it. Hence, the reason I am here, now. I should also add that before I got sick, I was a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, I taught Deep Water Running at my local YMCA, and I was super fit. Now, it is hard for me to exercise consistently because my meds really do a number on me (I have had a transplant and I have a compromised immune system). I would say, that now that I am journaling every bite I take (just as I used to in my WW days), I am finding that I am losing..........so perhaps I was eating more than I thought I was! Plus, I can see my body changing. I refuse to give in and let go. I am determined to stay in my skinny clothes. I don't care to list my weight, as I am tall, and no one ever thinks I weigh as much as I do. I wear a size 4.