Notices

Hello any one else over 40 here?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

welcome me2 the more the merrier Iusually sleep well except when I read horror like last night..lol 3 am. Have a geat week end girls.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, enjoying reading and learning.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Didn't want to, but I did!!

I have just been feeling soooo BLAH the last few days. Not tired at all just blah. Instead of doing our morning walk, I looked at the dog, he yawned and I went back to sleep.

However!! When I got home from work, I changed my clothes put the leash on the dog and went! It was only 2 miles instead of our usual 4 but at least it got done. Yay!!!

Now, does anyone have a cure for tinnitus? I'm about ready to stick a knife in my ears!!! Mine is the buzzing kind not the ringing, like I have permanent swimmers ear. I am seeing the doc on Tues but I'm always looking for home remedies.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Morning all new week..sorry about your ear H..hope the doc can help.

OK I am going to keep my food under control this week..100% clean eats for me. got my workouts planned and am ready to go

what about ya'll what ya got going on?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Canary, I'm 50 also and I'm the same one from both posts. I'll let you know what the doc says tomorrow and as far as the Alli is concerned, yor current health issues certainly need to dictate what you take. God knows it is not for everyone. As far as my 1200 cal a day, I just had to find the willpower to stick it out for the first 2 weeks and then my body adjusted and it's not that difficult now. Certainly not fun, but the results have been worth it.
Are you able to exercise much after your surgery? Do you have to have the other one done as well?

Good luck to you!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone...just found you all today. I just turned 54 this past June and yes, I have noticed it's harder this time to lose weight. However, after reading all of the studies that state women who eat less than 1200 calories daily lose less weight than those eating at least 1200, I'm going for a minimum of 1200. I also lose better on a low carb diet that also keeps my blood sugar low and stable.

On weekdays, I just drink a low carb, low cal protein shake made with almond milk for breakfast and then Lunch and dinner are the same: 5-6 oz of protein and 1-2 cups of vegies (1 if cooked, 2 if raw). If I'm struggling in the evening...feeling fatigued or having blood sugar issues, I'll drink another protein shake.

I try to keep things simple and boring. Otherwise, I'm just tempted to overeat.

I *detest* exercise but find as I drop the pounds, I have more energy and *want* to move more. I lost 70 pounds 8 years ago and kept it off. I've taken off another 35 pounds in the last several months and am working on the remaining 85. I'd like to get the remaining weight off sometime before I die.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Frustrated

I am 44 yrs and have posted already. I've been dieting and exercising for 6 weeks. I go to the gym regulary, as much as I can, and have kept calories at 1100. I gained 2 lbs this last week, no noticable change in measurements and didn't even cheat. I've ask my dr about my thyroid meds, but he says they are in nomral range. Just eat right and exercise. I feel this is alot of work for very little, if no payoff. My support system at home is minimal at best (live with 4 males 12,14,17,45). Sorry to vent, but this is really the only place I can right now. I have also tried to add a workout at home, but my schedule with work and kids activities really cuts into this. Anyway, enough gripping. Congrats to hetemte. I have a pair that I have that is my goal pair for the month. Have a great day.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi gals,
I'm not new to FitDay, but am new to the forums section. I am 43 and have had a life long struggle with my weight. I joke with people, telling them I was born at 100lbs. LOL

Anyway, I am a type 2 diabetic, and really need to get my health in better order. I have tried dieting on & off without much long term success, but I know I haven't given it 100%.

Everyone always told me, "You'll do it when you really want it", which always drove me crazy -- because I do want it -- but for some reason my 'inner food devil' seems to want to eat more.

I refuse to give up, and as of today I am recommitting to my diet & fitness goals.

Sometimes I feel like it's too late to get in shape... but I know that's not true. I wish you all much success and look forward to becoming more involved on the forums.

Good luck everyone!

Smoosh
Old 08-02-2010, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Zinal,
I feel your pain right now. When my 4 kids were at home everything was chaos all the time. everyone with different schedules plus I was in a bad marriage that I was ending. I don't know your situation but what I do know is that STRESS is the single biggest enemy we as women face. And where there is alot of stress there is also it's best friend depression! It may not be clinical depression but it is just as damaging all the same. We try every day to put on the "happy" face but on the inside it's turmoil.
It's not a wonder to me that even tho you've been eating right and trying to exercise that you still gained a little. There's medical evidence to support it.

Venting is a GOOD thing. You have to. If you keep it inside it will only do damage and that seeps into everyones lives that we care about.

Sorry this got so long but keep posting and keep venting. Try, try, try to make some time for yourself. Put yourself first. I've been where you are and I hope you can be a faster learner than I was!

Smoosh; Don't give up. It's NEVER to late!!!

Take care all
Old 08-03-2010, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
........ One last thing: when I exercise, it makes me want to eat more!!! Anyone else find that?
I find that as well. I have worked my workout around my lunchtime or before breakfast. After my workout, my metabolism is higher, so I'm burning more at that time. I eat my biggest meal after my workout. I also make sure it is 40% protein, so that I get full with less calories and I'm still burning fat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.