Notices

New to the club

Old 07-13-2010, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to the club

Hello ladies looking for some friends with the same goal in mind, dropping weight and being healthy. I'm getting married in Dec. and would like to feel good about myself when I walk down the aisle. I have been a big girl all my life and I am now determined to fix it. Food is my Drug and I do so love it!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Julie
I'm new here as well, found the forum a few days ago and love it!!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

I’m still trying to figure all of this out. Lol it took me forever to find out how to respond. I just got back home from a bike ride and my legs are killing me and the heat here isn’t helping me out, but I keep telling myself its all for the good of me. I started entering my food and workouts last Friday and now I’m hooked.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

I'm also new to this site, just joined yesterday. I used to be thin, but through out middle school and high school my weight went up and down, and now its the highest its ever been. I just got out of high school last month, but im engaged, and while my Fiancé is going to be busy with his boot camp and subschool, i want to lose all this extra weight by the time we get married.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by xxjuliegoolsxx
I just got back home from a bike ride and my legs are killing me.
I had a male friend who had been inactive most of his teenage years and then one day decided to get his life back on track; however, every time he would ride his bike, his knees would be killing him. He went to the doctor and the doc said that because he had been so inactive that the muscles supporting his knee were not developed enough for biking. I'm not saying that this is the case with you, but if your knees do begin to hurt then it was recommended to do some light weightlifting with ankle weights to strengthen the knee. Better safe than sorry though, 'eh?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:59 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats Lexixrawr on your engagement. It's a perfect time to whip you in shape when he is away.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

mhibdon think you for the info. It's not so much my knees but the muscle, but I will keep an eye on it. I stretched for a little bit longer today and they are feeling much better. LOL I haven’t worked out in years and I already feel like I have so much energy. My Fiancé thinks I'm nuts cause I’m always on the move now and looking for stuff to do.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by xxjuliegoolsxx
Congrats Lexixrawr on your engagement. It's a perfect time to whip you in shape when he is away.
Thank you congrats to you too! hope you reach your goal, every bride should feel good at their wedding.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Lexixrawr Thank you!!! I’m kicking butt, I have a goal in mind and I keep pushing for it. I'm so happy with myself this week, I lost 8.5 pounds!! This is the hardest I have ever worked for something. Keep your head up when he's away I know it's going to be hard but just think of how great your going to look. Also the look on his face when he sees you after all that time, it will be priceless.