Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 7/13/10

Old 07-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 7/13/10

Tuesday already! How was everyone's week?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:53 PM
FitDay Member

I was a lot better this week with my eating and workouts, and it paid off. My low last week was 138.6, and I made it down to 137 this week! That was my goal for my upcoming trip, so I was so happy to hit it a couple weeks early. In the past couple of years, I've made it to about 138 and get stuck. I haven't been below that in 7-8 years, so it was a very good week for me!

We went to the drive in theater on Friday night and I packed a cooler full of fruit, veggies, string cheese and pretzels as my splurge. I ate a few more pretzels than I planned, but I still did really well overall for the day and avoided the junk. We also had my husband's birthday BBQ on Sunday, and I ate really well all day and saved my calories and carbs for a slice of cake. It was yummy, and I still had a happy weigh in the next morning.

I also started the 30 Day Shred DVD on Thursday, and it's a quick little workout (only 20 minutes) that kicks my butt. I hiked and swam for extra cardio, but I could see an increase in my strength in just a few workouts on level 1. Has anyone else tried it, and if so, did it work well for you?

I'd like to lose two more pounds to get to 135 before my vacation, but I'm really happy with where I am too. I'm not dreading being in a bathing suit all week, and I won't mind so much when the camera comes out! My challenge for this week is a weekend trip we're taking to the river with all of our friends, so I need to pack healthy stuff to snack on and make sure that I don't overindulge in the booze!

I hope you all had a successful week ... and good luck to my fellow losers for this upcoming week!

P.S. Sorry this is such a long post!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

sarkai-Congratulations on hitting your goal for your trip. Sounds like you are doing really well with your eating and exercise. Keep up the good work!

I decided to step on the scale today since I skipped the last week (or two) due to vacation and not being able to deal with the number knowing that I messed up over vacation. Anyway, I am at 137 today which I hoped would be lower, but I will take it. It is still 4 pounds up from the low I hit in May of 133, but at least it is heading down again. I cannot believe how quickly I had gained those pounds back! I have eaten well this week, logged all my food and worked out every day except Sunday, so I need to be happy with what I did do right and just wait for the scale to start moving again, although it seems to be taking forever. I guess it is just a good exercise in patience.

Jan 1, 2010 - 143
May 15 - 133
July 13 - 137
Old 07-13-2010, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Sarah! What a great week you have had--great job with planning food to take along and staying active!

I was hoping someone had posted before me as this morning's weigh in was disappointing...up a pound! I have gotten more veggies in (and of course workouts) this week, so that's a plus. But I also have eaten more starchy carbs and sodium which showed on the scale. Okay, my rocket flight pattern needs some adjustments. Next Tuesday I probably won't have access to a computer (at the beach) but I will post on the 27th!

Hope everyone has a healthy week ahead of them!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Sarah, congrats on holding the line and seeing it pay off. Sounds like you made some really good decisions. I have done the 30 Day Shred and I did notice good results, with muscle tone improving quickly. I did that and the No More Trouble Zones (got a 2 for one deal at Amazon, I think, and fell victim to clever marketing ploys) alternating with cardio days while I was losing, then I moved into more of a concentrated weight training (not as aerobic) alternating with cardio once I got to maintenance. I definitely recommend you keep going with it...it does kick you butt...literally

Mambo, so you have a good news, bad news kinda thing going on, huh? Going in the right direction now is what you want; no one is going to ask you what you weighed on July 4, 2010. You've been there before, you can get there again! Actually, nobody gets to the same weight and stays there. You will likely continue to vary within a few pound range, just look at this as a variation and tweak it like you're doing. You did a great job being strong with that ice cream cake .

Beth, doesn't it stink how easily the sodium and carbs show up? Sheesh! Sounds like your choices are healthy for the most part, though, and as you of all people know, it's not always about the scale number. What beach are you going to? We are doing O.C. Md. this year. Will be doing out stopover in Roanoke on the 21st; I'll wave!

I've had an okay week. Lots of wanting to eat for no real reason; I guess it's work stress these days. I've kept the calories in check but sometimes hedged them with, say, goldfish crackers when it should have been an apple or something. I did have a little personal triumph on Sunday, though. I was on the treadmill and my husband was on the cycle (yay for him!) and I usually cover the time/distance with my towel and then count songs. So I got to my usual stopping point and looked down to see I had run 4 miles and been on there for almost an hour! (Must've had some long songs). I usually do in the 3 and a quarter, 3 and a third, so I was really excited. It was hard, though, to not use that as a license to eat with wild abandon the rest of the night.

Sorry this went on forever. Maybe my new goal should be to shorten my posts . Have a fantastic week, everyone!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Sarah, sounds like you are on the right track. Congratulations!

I have decided not to step onto the scale today knowing that there would be an upward movement. I did a fantastic bike ride over the weekend (75 miles all together!!), did lots of swimming inbetween and just don't feel like spoiling this great achievement. My downfall, so to say, came yesterday. I hadn't eaten much all day long (just fruits basically) and decided to go for a swim in the evening. Pretty much as soon as I hit the beach I felt dizzy, shaky and nauseous. My blood sugar must have gotten really low and for a minute or so I thought I was about to pass out. A friend, who had accompanied me, gave me some sweets and later cooked me a huge dinner. So I certainly did go overboard with my calerie intake, but at least it's a new lesson learned: I really have to make sure to eat more frequently!

Sorry, this has been rather long...

Hope, you all have a great week coming up!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Sarah, congrats on your weight loss. That's so exciting that you reached your goal early.

Mambo, I know what you mean. I got down to 135 in the beginning of the year and maintained 135-138 for a while, but then I gained 10 pounds. I think about how I was unhappy then because I wanted to reach my goal weight and that unhappiness led to letting go of healthy eating. Now, I wish I was happy then and I am trying to just get back to that weight! I'm glad you are going in the right direction and I am going to follow your example.

Beth, good job on getting in the veggies and workouts.

Cassie, congrats on the four miles. That is so great! I know when I get on the treadmill I'm not sure I am going to even make it 30 minutes. I have to think to myself that my body is stronger than my mind!

Molly, the bike ride and swimming sounds fun! Good job. I hope you are feeling better now.

As for me, I did well last week with continuing with a healthy lifestyle. I have eaten well by cooking yummy recipes from my Gourmet Nutrition cookbook. My hubby and I workout at home in the mornings and sometimes the evenings too, so I get in my exercise. We went to the movies this weekend, and I didn't have popcorn (which was a little difficult!) but I munched on some almonds and veggies that I snuck in (it was pretty funny trying to time my crunching with the louder parts of the movie). We went to Chili's and they have this yummy Margarita Grilled Chicken (don't worry, no alcohol) and I substituted the sides for veggies and a salad, Yum! As far as my weight, for some reason my stomach was hurting a bit during the weekend and on my weigh-in on Sunday I was 141.6 which is only 0.2 pounds lost. I tried not to get bummed. It is so much easier staying positive when the scale goes down more. I'm feeling better now and trying to stay focused on being a healthy person and not as much on the number. Easier said than done!

Amber

Ok-my turn, sorry for the really long post!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad I finally discovered the forums after years on fitday. It's so nice to be accountable to a group, and everyone's been so nice and encouraging!

Mambogirl, I'm sure I'll be skipping my post vacation weigh ins when the time comes. As much as I want to stay on track, I want to live a little too! Hang in there and you'll hit your low soon!

Built, I have the same problem with starches and sodium nowadays. I never saw the scale fluctuate much with sodium intake when I was eating bad (probably because I was ALWAYS holding on to the extra water weight), but now one bad day and I can be 3-4 pounds heavier overnight!

Cassie, congrats on the 4 mile run! That's a good idea to count songs... I'm always begrudgingly counting the minutes left and they seem to take forever. I'll have to try that next time I'm at the gym!

MollySue... 75 miles on your bike!?! That's awesome! I'm glad your friend took good care of you... sometimes you just have to let yourself splurge a little.

Amber, do you track your measurements in addition to your weight? That helps me from getting down when I don't see much of a loss on the scale. Even when I haven't lost all week, I've always lost something on my measurements when I'm eating well and exercising. Hang in there... sounds like you're doing everything right and it will pay off!

Thanks again for all the positive feedback... it's so nice to share with people that are working on the same goals. I don't like to talk to my family and friends too much about it, because as happy as I know they are for me, they probably get sick of hearing about it!

Have a great week ladies!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:51 PM
FitDay Member

Mambo, your post must have slipped in while I was typing-sounds like you're on track. I usually do better when I focus on "process goals" rather than outcome goals. What was Toyota's old ad? Life's a journey...enjoy the ride.

Cassie, good run! I'll be heading down to Hatteras Island...love the Outer Banks! Hope you have a great time! Oh, and don't stop the long posts ANYONE. I enjoy reading how you're doing.

MollySue, that's a lot of mileage, girl. Yeah, I hate the low blood sugar feeling. When that happens to me, calorie counts don't matter. I just want to feel better.

Amber, don't worry 'bout that scale. That's why I like shooting for daily accomplishments (exercise & healthy eating in proper portions) rather than weightloss. It can feel like watching the grass grow.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Sarkai-- What a good idea bringing the healthy stuff to the movies. Good job. 30 day shred is a GREAT workout. I have her too. When I need to change to something different or just don't have time to go to kung fu,I put her in.

Mambogirl-- Kudos for seeing change. My scale never wants to move. Sometimes I wonder if it is a trick scale that shows the same weight over and over.

Built—I'm with you. My scale isn't moving anymore, either. I just keep telling myself the same thing, no change is good, too.

Cassie-- Great job on the longer run. Wanting to eat more in self-congratulations is my problem, too.

Mollysue – Bike riding with swimming as a reward sounds so fun.

Amber – Being a healthy person. Why can't we all just decide to BE that and not be haunted by other unhealthy desires.

I think that will be my new mantra – I WILL BE A HEALTHY PERSON, I WILL BE A HEALTHY PERSON. No I don't want that b/c I AM A HEALTHY PERSON. Hmmm. You know we are healthy people, we are just getting rid of all that old unhealthy “stuff”.

As for me: No change on the scale, actually it seems to hover btwn 143 and 145, which is really depressing. There may be some change in my thigh and belly button area, but it is so small that I could just be standing funny. I am wishing for some substantial change, soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.