Notices

Major surgery and gaining weight AGAIN

Old 07-12-2010, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Angry Major surgery and gaining weight AGAIN

I am so frustrated with my attempts to lose weight. I thought doing something as drastic as gastric bypass surgery would put me on the right path. As soon as I figured out that I could eat more without being sick, I did, and I gained. I'm still about 50 pounds less that where I started, but my scale is quickly headed up.

Kelly
Old 07-12-2010, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Kelly, FitDay is a great place to find people who will be your accountability partners. Putting your current situation and goals into writing on this site can be very helpful. Not only has a weekly check in and goal statement helped me, but keeping a food diary has a well. In fact, when I began journaling my eating habits two weeks ago, I was surprised at how many calories I was consuming each day.

Look around at some of the threads to find the group that would be your best partners in crime.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by keldaly
I am so frustrated with my attempts to lose weight. I thought doing something as drastic as gastric bypass surgery would put me on the right path. As soon as I figured out that I could eat more without being sick, I did, and I gained. I'm still about 50 pounds less that where I started, but my scale is quickly headed up.

Kelly
I'm in the same boat Kelly. I had gastric bypass surgery almost 8 years ago, (wow- didn't realize it was that long!). The pounds melted off so easily at first- then there was the "honeymoon" phase when I could eat anything and not gain weight. That mindset of mindless eating contributed to almost a 30 pound gain.
When I joined FitDay in April and started logging my food it was a drastic, and I mean DRASTIC wake up call. I apparently had no idea of portion sizes and what I was really eating. The tools here are a great help to me.
Just start by keeping track of what you're eating and it will make sense.